What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cronk for NSW

miccle

Bench
851 said:
Beat me too it,and it doesn't stop there,some who have played for Queensland in the past were born in other counties,even played for other countries.:shock: .

Willie Mason (born:NZ)

Stuart

Juniors
Origin loyalties are decided on where you played your junior footy (forget whihc age group is the important one), it doeant matter where you were born, its got nothing to do with it.

RABK

Referee
You do know what the word Origin means don't you?

This 'where you played junior footy' is a farce.

Serc

First Grade
broncos_are_the_best said:
yes he is Cooper Patrick Cronk (born in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia on December 5, 1983)

Didn't stop Inglis playing for QLD did he the little turncoat! Went to primary school with some of my high school mates in Macksville.

Edit: Bah, two of you beat me to it :p

LESStar58

Referee
robbo333 said:
cooper cronk should be the NSW halfback

jarred mullen should be the 5\8

do u rekon

Cronk is a Queenslander.

mllen will get walloped in the sky blue #6. I don't think he's ready just yet.

LESStar58

Referee
steven_tiger said:
he is muchy better than kimmorley and gower, and in better for than orford.

The Storm always fell at the same stage of the finals with Orford. They made the Grand Final with Cronk at halfback and had their best ever winning run. Pete O'Sulllivan was right on the money when he said that Storm were a better chance without orford.

Plus, Manly this season have performed at their best with Monas at halfback.

Says it all about Orford really don't it?

As for the best halves in the league methinks...

1. Thurston
2. Prince
3. Cronk
4. Gower
5. T. Smith
6. Orford
7. j. SMith
8. Hornby
9. Kimmorley

ShadesOfTheSun

Juniors
LESStar58 said:
As for the best halves in the league methinks...

1. Thurston
2. Prince
3. Cronk
4. Gower
5. T. Smith
6. Orford
7. j. SMith
8. Hornby
9. Kimmorley
On recent performances, I think you'd be hard pressed to maintain that Gower was the fourth best number 7 in the competition. Apart from that, I don't really have any huge problems with the list, though Prince has outperformed Thurston in the last couple of weeks.

RABK: The word origin does not imply a place of birth - it just signifies a place in which something began. A footballer may originate as an individual from Queensland and still originate as a footballer from New South Wales, or vice versa. There is nothing in the term 'State of Origin' to suggest that the concept must be interpreted as referring to state of birth.

vlad

juniors
Stuart said:
Origin loyalties are decided on where you played your junior footy (forget whihc age group is the important one), it doeant matter where you were born, its got nothing to do with it.

yep

otherwise bob fulton would've played for england :eek:

IMO Cronk is good but not ready yet to play SOO..I don't think he would handle the close games as well as he does with Storm based on the fact that the intensity of SOO relies a lot on players being able to handle themselves without their playmakers supporting them.

steeden.

Juniors
851 said:
Beat me too it,and it doesn't stop there,some who have played for Queensland in the past were born in other counties,even played for other countries.:shock: .

Luke Ricketson played for Ireland in the 2000 World Cup ffs. :sarcasm:

t-ba

Post Whore
steeden. said:
Luke Ricketson played for Ireland in the 2000 World Cup ffs. :sarcasm:

Ricko Playing for a pub football side in the World Cup hardly counts. Don't forget TBA Carroll lined up for NZ that year as well ;-)

_Johnsy

Referee
It is where you play your first senior game of rl, u/18, thirds, seconds or firsts. This can be in country or city league comps. if you play reserve grade for say a toowoomba side at age 17 you qualify for qld. as stated before there have been exceptions to the rule (mentioned birthplaces previous in this post are not exceptions)