What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla resigned to losing Kade Snowden to Newcastle Knights with Nathan Tinkler tak

perverse

Referee
sorry for your loss guys. truly the best of luck in recruiting someone to try and fill the vacancies left in your front row. my best advice would be don't pick up any of our eventual offcuts in the forwards. most of them you wouldn't feed. a gem or 2 may slip through the net, though... there seems to be doubt hovering around De Gois at the moment, for instance.

SharkShocked

Bench
Yep agree, let's face it, we realistically won't make the 8 anyway. I say drop em and bring through people to get them ready for next year. I'd much prefer unprepared youth being given a go.

Least then i can see whether it's worth the price of admission next year in advance :)

Eion

First Grade
"While excited about the future I would like to say thank you to Cronulla which has been my home since 2008 where I have made some great friends and have fond memories.

"I wish to assure all Sharks fans that I will be giving nothing but my best for the balance of the season." "

I would also like to thank Shane Flanagan and Darren Mooney for their personal support throughout these negotiations," he concluded.
Take note fathead for future reference - this is how you do it.

Nages

Juniors
Really is so hard being a Shark's supporter isn't it? So our coach supported him through all this? That's just rubbish. We are the nicest team in the whole league and it shows every year in the results.

S.R.

Juniors
Will Snowden and Douglas be eligible for the NSW Residents team if we drop them to NSW Cup NOW?

Frailty

First Grade
I just think it's sad, that we will have a better team this year!!!

Not looking forward to 2012.

Good luck to both Douggie and Snow.
Who here hasn't changed jobs/career because they think it will benefit them?

It may work out for them, it may not

In our teams case, I dont see us being competitive until at least 2014-15 at the earliest, even then i'm not sure. All depends on coaching and playing staff.

Ask Grand Old Master Quigs,
this is the life of a Sharks supporter.

sorry for your loss guys. truly the best of luck in recruiting someone to try and fill the vacancies left in your front row. my best advice would be don't pick up any of our eventual offcuts in the forwards. most of them you wouldn't feed. a gem or 2 may slip through the net, though... there seems to be doubt hovering around De Gois at the moment, for instance.

You have every reason to be excited about your team.

Dream coach.

Dream owner.

And very soon a dream team.

Congratulations on your Club becoming a powerfully rich Club where no expense is spared, where nothing can't be done.

No more under dog tag for the Knights.

From now on if you want a player badly enough Tinkler will write a cheque big enough.

Premiership success will come. In fact I think it will happen quite quickly and easily for Newcastle.

As for our Club? We'll try and keep our head above water. Pick up the scraps that other Clubs leave us and we'll continue to see good young players leave that we've had since the juniors. We'll probably buy more Kade Snowden like players. The ones that other Clubs have given up on. The ones that no one wants. We'll change their attitude. Give them an opportunity and believe in them and watch their star rise. Then the money Clubs will move in and say we can offer you a chance to win a Premiership or more money and most will leave without even a thought about the fans they will leave heart broken.

That's why it's hard to care too much about the players that play in your team. Of course there are the exceptions like Paul Gallen who could've left years ago for better career prospects or even better money. His type are a rarity. He's one of the few players I actually admire for not only what he does on the footy field but what he does off it. A one Club man who doesn't know what not giving a 100% is all about and he constantly shows a genuine passion for the Sharks. He's the player you believe everything he says when he says it. His connection with the supporters is amazing. It's no coincidence that one Club players like Nathan Hindmarsh, Steve Menzies or our very own E.T have had or currently have such a massive following and respect amongst their respective supporter base.

All the best Kade. Hope you get yourself a Premiership ring or two, I'm sure you'll get looked after financially personally and of course with your family. But please don't ever mention anything that even remotely sounds like something that would only sound right coming from Paul Gallen's mouth. It doesn't sound right. It's not credible. It's not who you are. Paul Gallen will be remembered as a Sharks legend who represented and regularly shone at the highest level coming from a Club that hasn't always given him the best platform to get noticed. You'll be remembered as a Sharks prop who played for a couple of years with us until you found something better. Gal will always have a connection with the Sharks Community and I hope truly honored in some form upon his retirement. I hope we do find some financial security in the near future so the Club can give their supporters more happier days than we have at present. But until then I'll find it easy to support the Club I have loved since a kid because there's a player like Paul Gallen in the team. You have to be there for Gal because he is genuinely there for us.

Latest posts