What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla resigned to losing Kade Snowden to Newcastle Knights with Nathan Tinkler tak

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Medically retired, so gets the next year on full pay as he was contracted but does not count in Newies Cap.

This is something the NRL has done well.

If a player is medically retired (as in a doctor has said stop playing) your contract gets paid out, but it does not hurt the club in cap.

Sad for Snowy. Will have back and knee probs til he dies.

I very much doubt his contract at the Knights ended up anywhere near where Tinkler promised it. Racehorses, Houses etc all this stuff went unfulfilled from the walking heart attack.

sladden road

Juniors
Remember the press conference where Bennetts signing was announced, Tinklers chimed in with something like "we'll win 4 comps " blah blah blah.
Darkest chapter in Uncle Bennies career.

Snowie, poor merkin.

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Yep. Benny left the Knights in a worse state than when he arrived. Couldn't get the right mixture of players, didnt get his standard leg up from the NRL and 9.

Saw his opportunity to bail and went back to his beloved Broncos where he gets said leg up, a team full of world class players and will inevitably win a comp.

Never have liked the old creeper

Bluto

Juniors
Will never begrudge a bloke from making money. Take what you can get while you can get it.

Last edited:

webShark

Yep. Benny left the Knights in a worse state than when he arrived. Couldn't get the right mixture of players, didnt get his standard leg up from the NRL and 9.

Saw his opportunity to bail and went back to his beloved Broncos where he gets said leg up, a team full of world class players and will inevitably win a comp.

Never have liked the old creeper

Like Corey Norman,Ben Barba and Josh Hoffman.

Channel 9 leg up😀. I suppose running Channel 9 that ratings are not an issue. Yes, let's watch the Knights v Titans. That should be popular. Jeez, I follow the Sharks but until recently they are hardly compelling viewing. Of course the Broncs are going to be shown. Hardly Bennett's fault.

As for Knight's in a worse state. You have a point but more down to Tinkler IMO.

I don't like him but rate/respect him as a coach.

Remember Griffin had the same advantages and couldn't even make the finals.

Like Corey Norman,Ben Barba and Josh Hoffman.

Channel 9 leg up��. I suppose running Channel 9 that ratings are not an issue. Yes, let's watch the Knights v Titans. That should be popular. Jeez, I follow the Sharks but until recently they are hardly compelling viewing. Of course the Broncs are going to be shown. Hardly Bennett's fault.

As for Knight's in a worse state. You have a point but more down to Tinkler IMO.

I don't like him but rate/respect him as a coach.

Remember Griffin had the same advantages and couldn't even make the finals.

Reasons for Channel nein favouritism is irelevant,to this argument. It is a leg up for the boncs and therefore their coach.I agree hes a good (great even) coach. Only need to point to the scoreboard. From what ive read and heard of him, he keeps it simple for players Each knows their individual roles. He doesnt try to get bears to run like antelopes or vice versa. He keeps up with advances and trends or gets assistants in that do .He gets rid of players he doesnt want and gets the ones he does want.

He gets leg ups and uses them wisely ...Its a bit unfair however to say griffen had the same advantages , Bennet trained the broncos CEO when they were in police force and I dont think the? thourougbreds" were as big an influence for Griffen. Doubt he was able to snap his fingers and get what he wanted while he was there.

Last edited:

glenmoresharkie

First Grade
Brisbane have been favourites of 9 and the NRL since day dot.

They get at least 20 Friday night games a year. So there is 20, seven day turn arounds right there.

Third party deals

The list goes on.

Putrid club

As for the Knights..Wasnt Tinkler still playing the tycoon,when bennet signed some over the hill players ,and a couple who were always going to leave when he did? Was that an attempt to get quick results? If so it Wasn't a great plan for future coaches.I dont think Bennet gives a leg up to his successors.

Special K

Coach
Lucky he took the cash.

It is a real shame how things ended for him. He was such a beast in his prime at Cronulla.