What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks coach Shane Flanagan taken to hospital for emergency surgery

Quigs

Immortal
Hope all is well... for coach and that poor old bugger with the dodgey son.

Seriously... you blokes all get well.

I hope coach Flannon makes a smooth and effective recovery. And its reassuring to know we have an experienced assistant coach in Peter Sharpe ready to fill in on Sunday.

Card Shark

Immortal
I hope coach Flannon makes a smooth and effective recovery. And its reassuring to know we have an experienced assistant coach in Peter Sharpe ready to fill in on Sunday.

Just watching fox classic footy from '03. Sharpe is the Manly coach. They went through some tough times in the early 2000's but I think 03 was the year they started to come good. Dessie must have taken over in 04.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Gallen was challenged by NRL Counsel Peter Kite that the contact with his knee and Taylor's head was forceful and that he had a duty of care to avoid it.
The workhorse lock was a little prickly in arguing his innocence, but jokingly denied afterwards that he has a future as a defence lawyer.
"I don't know if I could handle all the uni degrees," he said.
Gallen can now enter into the State of Origin period without the burden of carry-over-points and, even though he's believed to be in reasonable doubt for Sunday's match, he said it was still a risk to fight the one-match ban.
The 30-year-old said he was hopeful of facing the Storm.
"I had a light training session today and I'm doing everything I can to play," he said.
"Shane (Coach Flanagan) will give me up until game day. It's a massive game for myself and the club."
Gallen said Flanagan came out of Wednesday morning surgery for a twisted bowel well and is on the road to recovery.
"He wants to come back to work tomorrow but we'll give him the week off I reckon," Gallen said

LINK

Dogs Of War

Coach
I was a bit worried that Parra may get you this week, but with this news, I reckon the Sharks will ensure that play at a level that Parra can't get near.

dunno

i think dogs of war is making a joke thats about 3 weeks too late...

or..OR

he said something of note in the interview.

which is it?

in any case. i remain concerned about parra

carcharias

Immortal
Talked about the SOO and carney.
Flange and Carnz watched the vid of it.
Reckons carnz got no quality ball in the first half.
Said before he knew it was half time.

Then by the time I locked the house and went to the car and heard them
say
Well thanks again sharks coach Shane Flanagan.
He was gone

I heard it. Spoke about the importance of winning on Monday. Need to get wins during the next two origin. The boys believe they are a top 4 side and want to prove it, to do that they know they need to string wins together in the back half of the season like they have in the first half. Gibbsy is what the side needs good humor for the boys in the sheds and does a great job on the field, so to does Ross. Was sad losing dougy and tinker bells princess, but the boys that have come in are doing a fantastic job. He thinks Dougy could be up to origin in the future, however is settling in at the titans and says he is getting use to being used differently there. Gals the man and Todd is doing great. Spoke to Todd after origin as he was a bit down about his game, but will be better for the game next time round.

Nothing out of the ordinary was said. No mention of flash or Jennings etc.