What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cronulla Sharks have no culture and no values, the club has become a zoo

Saintsified

Bench
Rothfield LOL

http://m.foxsports.com.au/nrl/cronu...f-defending-them/story-fnlt03ir-1227054185188

Cronulla Sharks have no culture and no values, the club has become a zoo and I’m tired of defending them

I’ve just about had enough of the Cronulla Sharks.

I’m sick of having to explain to my children on almost a weekly basis the details of one atrocity to the next.
I’m sick of putting my credibility on the line by defending them every time something happens.
I’m sick of boofheads like Andrew Fifita threatening to ban me for life for daring to criticise his alleged road rage and when he tweeted “he’s supposed to be a Sharks supporter.”
Or Todd Carney telling me I’m barred from the Sharks dressing room for condemning him when he allegedly just stood and watched a friend assault two youngsters in Cronulla Mall — then took him to the pub.
Enough is enough.

ASADA, coach and player suspensions, road rage, Todd Carney drinking his own urine, Mad Monday, topless waitresses and very serious threats to a photographer.
When is it going to end? Where is the discipline?
Where are our leaders and our role models? What is the board doing about it?
Why is Steve Noyce allowing similar disgraceful behaviour to that which occurred under his watch in his last job at the Roosters?

Remember what Nate Myles left on the floor Terrigal Crowne Plaza? Todd Carney’s 3am booze sessions? Assaults on women, high-range drink driving, even the coach on a bender.
No wonder it cost the Roosters a $4 million sponsorship deal with Samsung.
At least they had one to lose.
To be truthful, I don’t have a huge issue with the topless waitress.
Footy players will be footy players. They are young men. It’s been a long year.
They didn’t grope the woman or cause any harm to her. It was a private function.
As an isolated incident I don’t think anyone really cares.
940050-left.gif
It breaks my heart to write this columns, we just want a club we can be proud of.
Phil Rothfield
940141-right.gif

It was stupid more than anything else after the year they’ve had.
As one of my followers said on Twitter yesterday: “Why is a nearly nude woman needed to celebrate the end of the season? And, why be somewhere where you’ll probably be seen?”
940050-left.gif
Why is Steve Noyce allowing the same disgraceful behaviour that occurred under his watch in his last job at the Roosters?
Phil Rothfield
940141-right.gif

But why was Carney even there? Why was our photographer threatened for doing his job?
Seriously, this club has become a zoo. The behaviour of some is out of control and has been for a long time.
There is no culture. And the values … well, it seems to me there aren’t any.
It breaks my heart to be writing this column.
I can put up with the wooden spoon because every club has a lean year.
Someone has got to collect it and this year it’s our turn.

Besides they put in some magnificent performances. The comeback wins against the Broncos and Roosters, two victories over the Panthers and the golden point thriller against the Cowboys.
But right now this club needs more than just Shane Flanagan back.
The board should put a broom through the place and sweep out every ratbag.
Start again. Only employ players and staff who will respect the jersey.
Talk to the Swans about their no-dickhead policy and copy them.
Sponsors, fans, corporates and members have had enough.
We’ll be back next year like always because we love the place.
We just want a club we can be proud of.

Last edited by a moderator:

goodplayer

Juniors
yes saw the reports . i feel its going to get worse . the culture there. something needs to be done, cronulla suburb is full of drug dealers, and the police are turning a blind eye, must be corruption in the ranks

saint.nick

Coach
The whole beat up about the topless waitress is a joke. The media can get absolutely f**ked. I can't believe they are surprised that they organised topless waitresses on mad monday. The only people who actually give a flying f**k about it are the media, and they're trying to manipulate us into giving a single ounce of care, when we really don't. Rant over.

Country Dragon

Juniors
The whole beat up about the topless waitress is a joke. The media can get absolutely f**ked. I can't believe they are surprised that they organised topless waitresses on mad monday. The only people who actually give a flying f**k about it are the media, and they're trying to manipulate us into giving a single ounce of care, when we really don't. Rant over.

Totally agree, as if this is league's biggest problem!!!

Southern Shark

Juniors
Notice Telecrap are willing to print topless pictures of Lara Bingle. No morals in Holt Street. No wonder Bec hits the bourbon.

The Nick

Bench

I agree, anyone would think these players joined the Priesthood the way the media beats this rubbish up.

Irony is that News Ltd continues to write positive stories about Robert Lui.

goodplayer

Juniors
some of you cant. refuse , to see the ongoing bad disgraceful behavior by the sharks players. open your eyes. not just blame the media for reporting it

The Nick

Bench
some of you cant. refuse , to see the ongoing bad disgraceful behavior by the sharks players. open your eyes. not just blame the media for reporting it

Young, Aussie men attending a bar that has topless waiters whilst on holidays is not newsworthy, nor would I consider it bad behaviour. Nor does it have ANYTHING to do with our club.

goodplayer

Juniors
The Sharks lost their final game, against Wests Tigers at Leichhardt Oval on Saturday, and headed to the Sauce wine bar near the beach at Coogee in Sydney’s eastern suburbs on Monday for their post-season celebrations.

Players were photographed by a Sydney tabloid in the company of two topless waitresses and later accosted the cameraman and demanded the pictures be deleted. They have since argued that the players were unaware there were topless waitresses working at the bar.

Sharks chairman Damian Keogh said the players had not covered “themselves in a lot of glory” and the board had asked management for a full report.

“Of course we’re disappointed and from a board perspective we want to get an explanation of what went on,’’ Keogh said last night. “It wasn’t real smart and ... we’re a bit surprised players were given the ability to misbehave in that fashion.”
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...053195966?nk=f82572d50d4cbefce54cb576a461fbc7

sharks players accosted , assaulted . the photographer . now will it sink into your thick skull

tumbidragon

First Grade
I agree! Imagine what would happen if the the poor children and soccer mums saw those players with their hands on cleavage of mass destruction...

goodplayer

Juniors
Have you seen boobs before?

yes :D
you been blinded by the boobs headlights :lol:
your obsessed with the topless boobs, im talking about the sharks behavior towards the photographer . they had been drinking, they accosted, confronted, surrounded, demanded, threatened, him to delete the pics ,like a gang of thugs , drunk sharks players are the shark tit pic police now , get f real please. anyone seen from the public can be photographed , nrl , fans, general public are sick of the ongoing issues these sharks club show :roll:

thats a disgraceful behavior by any nrl player, team , let alone the sharks , after the last year or 2 they have all the bad media , they are acting like out of control animals from the zoo. gone feral

i would blow up if this happened at any club . but being the sharks makes it alot worse, they should pull there head in and stop it , the nrl contracts they signed demands respect , or get torn up

they acted like thug creeps , thats the problem here ok

Latest posts