What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd figures

Generalzod

Immortal
This was taken from SMH:

nrlcrowds_gr_wideweb__470x340,0.jpg

Cronulla marketing people need to do a better job......

spider

Coach
Generalzod said:
This was taken from SMH:

nrlcrowds_gr_wideweb__470x340,0.jpg

Cronulla marketing people need to do a better job......

Dont believe everything you read............The marketing Manager that left the Sharks was a serial crowd inflater. He went to the Tigers this year. Their first home game this year he posted the attendance - shortly after they released another figure which was much lower.

Crowd figures incorporate every season seat, season pass, school children issued passes, sponsors, the works - whether they turn up or not.

The figures released by all clubs are not a true reflection of how many people are at the game - but this has been going on for years.

A comparison by different Marketing Managers will always show a high percentage swing either way. 06/07 will be a clearer indication if under the same Manager.

spider

Coach
Sideline Eye said:
100% correct Spider

It is quite a deceiving statistic - crowd figures. I really dont know why they have turnstiles these days - actually yes i do - it gives them a base to throw a few more thousand on top.

yakstorm

First Grade
SpiderShark, whilst some clubs may "incorporate every season seat, season pass, school children issued passes, sponsors, the works - whether they turn up or not", I can honestly tell you there are a number of clubs who only count those who purchase the tickets for that game and turn up on the day.

Passes, sponsors, corporates are all not counted in their released figures, hence why some of their announced figures are less than what they look. Clubs which are notorious for this include:

- Manly
- Canterbury
- Melbourne
- Brisbane

Are some of the more regular ones who do this. The reports put through by Ticketek based on sales, passes through the gates and so on are usually significantly bigger than those crowds announced by the clubs.

spider

Coach
yakstorm said:
SpiderShark, whilst some clubs may "incorporate every season seat, season pass, school children issued passes, sponsors, the works - whether they turn up or not", I can honestly tell you there are a number of clubs who only count those who purchase the tickets for that game and turn up on the day.

Passes, sponsors, corporates are all not counted in their released figures, hence why some of their announced figures are less than what they look. Clubs which are notorious for this include:

- Manly
- Canterbury
- Melbourne
- Brisbane

Are some of the more regular ones who do this. The reports put through by Ticketek based on sales, passes through the gates and so on are usually significantly bigger than those crowds announced by the clubs.

If the NRL really wants to monitor the growth of the game, thats how it should be done.

Sponsor, pass holder, whatever, on the day through the gates is how it should be counted. Whether that negates the financial component when comparing revenue to attendances (such as a season pass holder who may not turn up to every game, but has paid to do so) i dont know.

I would love to conduct an assessment on the basis for the Roosters.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I had tix given to me for last nights game but to my surprise i didn't even need them!

Myself and my mates were walking through the car park when we got told to head to the other gate(north western corner).

Expecting a security guard or someone collecting tickets, the gate that leads from the training oval to Toyota Park was left open for all those ankle biters! So as you do we just walked straight in!

Nobody keeping tabs of numbers or the most important thing TICKETS!

beekershark

Bench
well that's just dandy aint it snoop !

great for you of course, but a bad reflection of the club organising match day.

spider

Coach
beekershark said:
well that's just dandy aint it snoop !

great for you of course, but a bad reflection of the club organising match day.

Piss poor organisation - i know which gate ill be entering through next time. thats an extra few schooners.

pogo

Juniors
the previous marketing manager was what???

this makes interesting reading !!

like to expand on that claim?

SpiderShark said:
Dont believe everything you read............The marketing Manager that left the Sharks was a serial crowd inflater. He went to the Tigers this year. Their first home game this year he posted the attendance - shortly after they released another figure which was much lower.

Lets hope he's not in charge of the census or come August 9 Australia may have a population of 30 million!

McLovin

Staff member
Snoop Shark said:
I had tix given to me for last nights game but to my surprise i didn't even need them!

Myself and my mates were walking through the car park when we got told to head to the other gate(north western corner).

Expecting a security guard or someone collecting tickets, the gate that leads from the training oval to Toyota Park was left open for all those ankle biters! So as you do we just walked straight in!

Nobody keeping tabs of numbers or the most important thing TICKETS!

That's great. Now i only have to pay for a seat instead of also paying to get in. I expect crowd figures to drop even lower after that post...:sarcasm:

Latest posts