What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd of 7,000 (roughly) for Canada vs USA

judah

Juniors
Unbelievable crowd for the game last night. Yes there might be a slight over estimation, but why would anybody underestimate!

It got so packed on one side that security had to usher fans to the other side of the stadium during the game.

When you also take into account the 1,500 + people at one end where the beer tent is set up then you have to be getting up around 6,500.

Oh and the fact that Canada came from 20 - 10 down to win 36 - 20 makes for a great night out!

The Wolverines always make sure they thank the crowd by going around giving high fives, autographs and getting photos with supporters. The crowd field invasions after the game is becoming a consistent experience. A lot of fun for all!

Lets hope the success continues!

deluded pom?

Coach
A great crowd to see Canada triumph over their southern rivals. Hopefully they'll be back for more and to see Canada take out the Colonial Cup. Good to see from the pics that Fosters seem to have sold a few tinnies on the night.

juro

Bench
Sounds like a great game to get the crowd coming back for more. Well done to those who organised it.

taipan

Referee
The potential for rugby league based on the crowd, the result and all being achieved in a short space of time,is something the RLIF should take heed of.
It shows the game can reach uninitiated people in other countries,and some in fact will follow it as a result.

Good one Wolvers.:thumb

Bronco Rob

Juniors
What a fantastic result on and off the field for Canadian Rugby League. Those pics are fantastic and great to see so many families at the game. Hopefully the CRL can get some serious traction from the exposure the game had. This news made my weekend, it gave me hope that the game has a future in North America and there is no reason why this can't be replicated in the US.

Was there any flyers handed out to spectators about the CRL and the competition? This would be a great way of recruiting new players or sponsors.

Rebel

First Grade
Was there any flyers handed out to spectators about the CRL and the competition? This would be a great way of recruiting new players or sponsors.

No fliers or anything that i saw. Before the game though, the announcer did a brief rundown on the rules which i though was interesting.

made me lol though... everytime there was a dropped ball or a penalty awarded, the crowd was quiet until the announcer mentioned it was Canadas ball. They didnt quite realise what was happening.

Bronco Rob

Juniors
No fliers or anything that i saw. Before the game though, the announcer did a brief rundown on the rules which i though was interesting.

made me lol though... everytime there was a dropped ball or a penalty awarded, the crowd was quiet until the announcer mentioned it was Canadas ball. They didnt quite realise what was happening.

That's a shame, a simple flyer with the basic rules and then a speel about if you like the game come and particiapte in or watch our local games with website etc would be good marketing.

deluded pom?

Coach
The return game will probably only get a crowd a twentieth the size of the one generated by the CRL if they (the AMNRL) are lucky.

80MinuteMan

Juniors
A buddy of mine was handed a free ticket as he was leaving BMO Field following a recent Toronto FC soccer game. He went to the game and said next he would be willing to buy his ticket. Mission accomplished in my opinion.

Well done, Canada.

PJRolls

Juniors
Was a fantastic evening! REally great night out. Watching from the Beer Tent on a hot summer evening with a come from behind victory. Doesn't get much better than that. By far the most I've seen out for a Wolverines game. Great to see it gaining some traction. Perfect stadium for it in terms of size and location. Game itself was a bit sloppy, as to be expected in the first Intl Test of the season, but was definitely exciting at parts and had some nice try's scored to impress the crowd, as well as some beauty tackles and hits. Looking forward to Jamaica in just over a week's time.

Latest posts