What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd tonight

Anonymous

Juniors
WTF!!!!!

Last night we were talking about 22,000 or so, but the offical crowd was only 14 or so thousand (Yes they still donated the money according to the abnnouncer).

14 thou-That's kinda weak.

BradtheRipper

Juniors
absolutely f**king astrocious, f**k you canberra. I'm now just a proud raiders fan. i'm from wollongong, finished work at 5.30pm and was still thinking about going to the game.

BradtheRipper said:
absolutely f***ing astrocious, f**k you canberra. I'm now just a proud raiders fan. i'm from wollongong, finished work at 5.30pm and was still thinking about going to the game.

:roll:

Yeah, you're a true fan. Idiot.

Paullyboy

Coach
I think the people of Canberra are disgraceful in general - obviously there is the few loyal fans, but the bloody place has turned into a rugby union town.

Anonymous

Juniors
Had the game not been on 9 I think it would have got 20k.

That seemed to be the opinion of a lot of callers on ABC Canberra grandstand this morning anyway.

BradtheRipper

Juniors
really timbo, shit maybe that's what i decided subconciously in the end. but it was 25 degrees at nightime. Do they know that our next friday night footy game will be freezin'. even after the result i wish i was their because that forwards defensive effort gave me a state of origin vibe, and that was my living room atmosphere. our last opening friday night (channel 9 televised) game in the warm weather was 4or 5 years ago and drew 20,000.
Thanks for the apology r-man. i was steaming for 5 minutes before i veiwed the next entry. Even if i thought the team was shit, i never put them down, plus i've been through most of the dark ages with the club man. I've been a hardcore raiders fanactic for 17 years. i'm only 23. Raiders loyalist for life.

Stay Green!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
The weather was perfect, the game was great (fir 70min as a entertainment perspective), and it looked like Canberra forgot to show.
You could tell the players were easily disapointed that it didn't get more, because they deserve the larger crowd.

thickos

First Grade
Crowd tonight was appalling. Not good enough for 22 degrees, gorgeous Friday night blockbuster against the reigning premiers!!!

Plus #1 and I sat up in the Meninga stand (aka 'the morgue')...the only two people wearing jerseys in the entire BAY! :evil: :evil: :evil: Damn you corporate clowns!!!!

thickos

First Grade
Yeah that kind of language aint gonna be tolerated by the corporate cardboard cutouts #1 :lol:

thickos

First Grade
Mate it felt like just you and me up there....FFS people make some noise! Even the outstanding 'Schif Schif Schifcofske' chant lasted 1 repeat of the chorus before it faded out in a see of apathy... #-o And why there were Panthers fans in the corporate section i'll never know :shock: They can go and f**k off as far as i'm concerned!!!

Anonymous

Juniors
Raiders 2004 said:
i didn't relise there we're people sitting around me! 8-[

There literally weren't anyone around me-I was the only one in my row!

This in the supposed 'green brigade bay'!

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Yeah, from where i was sitting, that bay looked empty! i think next game i'll come and join the Raiders Army/Green Brigade Bay.

BradtheRipper

Juniors
i don't know if it was the poor attendence or such a gripping contest why channel nine showed nothing of the crowd. they usually always show the green brigade.

thickos

First Grade
The Green Brigade membership idea will be punted for 2005 - guaranteed. If they came out in force in Round 1 and made some noise, then maybe the Raiders would have a re-think....but why sell heavily subsidised tickets if no-one's gonna use them?????