What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd tonight

burley griffin

Juniors
Now do you guys see why it was so important to get the guys down from bay 25 to the GB bay!? Anyway, i think i have spilt enough ink on that topic.

The point is we need as many people sitting in Bay 66 who are willing to sing and chant as possible. I couldn't make it last friday night, but i will be there for the parra game in a few weeks, and i will be bringing a car load of Raiders supporting friends from sydney, as well as our flags and banners. What's everyone else going to do?

BradtheRipper

Juniors
they won't take the green brigade special season ticket price back to normal because then no-one will be there at all. they'll just move it back to the usual location

woodgers

Bench
The crowd was a disgrace. There is no reason not to get 20k there on Friday.

Nick just in response, I said this was going to happen but no one wanted to listen. You can't sell a Green Brigade Membership where random fans buy it and then expect that they will all get together and sing. I understand that people think that all the singers sit together but had all my guys sat in 66 we would have been the only ones there. As far as we are concerned if people want to get involved in a singing group they can come to us. I had quite a few people come and have a chat to me in 25 asking how they join us so we do have the opportunity to build it up there. Raiders Ultra was right about the roof, it certainly made a huge difference and the players at the breakfast were most impressed with us. All the Raiders Army loved the seats, after all that's why you go to the footy, to see the footy and sitting at ground level for numerous years the seats don't compare. Anyway, I know you have a strong stance on this issue as do I, and I am quite happy to agree to disagree. When you come down for the Eels game I will catch up with you for a chat. At the end of the day, regardless of whether someone is Raiders Army or SGB we are all there for the same purpose and we are all passionate about the greens.

In regards to the cost, I probably should have said something earlier however I didn't want to get the club offside by mentioning something I shouldn't. We did not pay the $255 for our seats up there we actually got them subsidised by the club and VB and adults payed $175 with concessions paying $140. We also got the scarf, Members hat and a free hat from VB as well. This is tremendous value if you actually look at the seats we have. All in all Bay 25 is definatly the one we want to sit in and if the Green Brigade bay want to shift up closer to us or with us and pay the difference, let me know and i'll work with you guys and the club to get the move happening.

Sorry to go on for so long. I think this is one major issue that we need to sort out ASAP to bring Bruce back to a fortress. If anyone has any other ideas or opinions put them up and we'll all discuss it. Nick, let's talk about it out here rather than PM so that everyone can have their say.

Cheers
Paul

Anonymous

Juniors
Fair call Wodgers but the green brigaded membership was mad for two reasons I think, one to get a group of fanatical members at the games and two, because some people can't afford a ledgends membership. I know I bought my GB Membership for reason two.

At least it gives more people access to memberships.

woodgers

Bench
Well the fanatical members will already be there anyway. I think the idea is to get them all together. I realise there is a big difference between $70 and $175 and this is really the sticking point. I think the Raiders Army are a little older than the Green Brigade Members and therefore the $175 wasn't an issue. Having said that, as mentioned above the view is awesome and our guys don't want to compromise that. I've done the sit out in the freezing sleet thing for years now and don't want to have to cop it anymore, so that was another major factor. And the noise under the roof is incredible. I guess what I am trying to get at in the above post is that if you guys are still keen to get the groups together it's not too late. I presume that there are a lot of students with the Green Brigade, so for an extra $70 you will get better seats, In a better atmosphere, the polar fleece members scarf, members hat and the VB hat. For an extra $25 on top of that, I can arrange for the screen printer to do another run of the Raiders Army shirts and you will have one of them too.

Any thoughts? I am going to try and come up with a compromise for all. 2 things though. We won't budge on the bay 25 thing as that is too good to give up. We also won't budge on the name Raiders Army. We have been around for years as the Raiders Army and none of us want to be called Green Brigade or anything like that.

Anonymous

Juniors
Well aside from the roof my seat isn't that bad. It has a good view and I've collected all the raiders memorabilia (scarf, hat and so on) so I'm happy with my GB membershio and I'm sure most of the people who have one are the same.

BAY72

Juniors
Now do you guys see why it was so important to get the guys down from bay 25 to the GB bay!? Anyway, i think i have spilt enough ink on that topic.

The point is we need as many people sitting in Bay 66 who are willing to sing and chant as possible. I couldn't make it last friday night, but i will be there for the parra game in a few weeks
FOR STARTERS THE RAIDERS ARMY WERE FANTASTIC FRIDAY NIGHT! THE SEATS IN BAY 25 KICK ASS, AND THE ROOF OVER HEAD MAKES A HUGE DIFFERENCE PROJECTING OUR CHANTS AROUND THE GROUND. THE FEED-BACK FROM ARMY MEMBERS AND THE SURROUNDING CROWD WAS EXCELLENT, AND TO BE QUITE HONEST WITH YOU NICK, I CAN'T SEE ANY OF US MOVING ANYWHERE. BESIDES THE TURN OUT FROM ANY SGB MEMBERS WAS WOEFUL! I DIDN'T SEE OR HEAR ANYTHING COMING FROM BAY 66 AT ALL. NOT A REALY ENTICING OFFER.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
Hardly any SGB'ers came down, i know though for the next game if i can come down, where i'll be sitting, i'll bring my game day horn and that thing is LOUD!!

thickos

First Grade
Fair call BAY25, it would be fantastic to have the SGB down in Canberra for every home game. But it is a 3 hr trip, it costs money to get down there and for those of us who work its not easy to get away for matches on Friday/Saturday. Some of us made it down there, we didnt sit in the green brigade bay but hey we were there and we tried to at least wake up the corpses sitting around us.

Don't expect the SGB to be out in force down there each week....we do our thing up in Sydney and while all of us love to get down to Bruce as often as possible, getting a big collective thing going is not easy.

BAY72

Juniors
getting a big collective thing going is not easy.
Very true, it is'nt easy. and as you've all see its hard enough just to get locals to go.

It is only early days yet. but still dissapointed in the 14 thou. turn out.
At this stage I cant see my self getting to any of the QLD away games. But there will be a much bigger turn out to SYDNEY this year for the RAIDERS ARMY.

Anonymous

Juniors
I'll be going to just about all the home games + the games at the SFS and Shark park so I'll be having a big supporting season :D

I didn't end up in bay 66, due to the fact that nobody else was going to be there, so it would of been me sitting by myself, or I could sit with friends where I always sit and enjoy(or not, depending on the score) the match. The GB bay was nowhere near full which was disappointing to start with. If there was more organisation involved then it could take off, but I think it was the old "if you build it, they will come" analogy. It didn't happen, and with most canberrans they just sit quiet and watch the footy.

Where I was sitting in the Southern Terrace you couldn't hear very much of the bay 25 mob. Sometimes yes, but most of the time it wasn't audible on the other side of the ground.

greeneyed

First Grade
thickos said:
Crowd tonight was appalling. Not good enough for 22 degrees, gorgeous Friday night blockbuster against the reigning premiers!!!

Plus #1 and I sat up in the Meninga stand (aka 'the morgue')...the only two people wearing jerseys in the entire BAY! :evil: :evil: :evil: Damn you corporate clowns!!!!

I would have gone if I could... but I bought my ticket anyway :)) I NEVER wear a jersey to the game, but that doesn't make me (as someone who sits in the Meninga Stand) any less of a supporter.

Must be first home game I have missed in 7years... :(((

woodgers

Bench
Where I was sitting in the Southern Terrace you couldn't hear very much of the bay 25 mob. Sometimes yes, but most of the time it wasn't audible on the other side of the ground.

We'll get there. We have 30 members. Probably only 10 that know the songs but the others will learn and are trying. We were also missing about 3-4 really strong numbers for us

That's the thing about atmosphere. When you are in the centre of it you can't tell how loud it is on the pitch. I mean, I know some people who sat near the SGB at Kogarah last week and said they were ordinary at best. However when I read what is written here it sounds like you could hear the SGB all around the ground. You can't really tell if you're in the middle of it and it's deceptive.

Anyway, at the Breakfast Rubin made it clear that all he could hear on the field was us guys so for us it's just a case of saying good start and we can only get better from here on in.

Steven Gerrard

First Grade
I could hear you from the meninga stand, not that it did much on our side to get them going, we tried chanting with you guys at the same time on our side :)

BAY72

Juniors
let me guess no one joined in.

:clap: good job for trying, but that is like talking to a deaf mute, you're sure they heard you but still no reply