What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2012 Mk II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Billythekid

First Grade
Fantastic crowd at Newcastle, they really have done great this year. Storms is disappointing but i doubt it's much below our average against Penrith.

Great work Newcastle.

Cowboys don't really have any excuses not to hit at least 20k.. Which I think they will do.

They are facing a team who will bring 0 away fans. How many teams in the comp top 4 or not would pull 20K in that situation? I ope the cowboys can get back to there soon but i feel like their great crowds for years have given unrealistic expectations.

For example if souths played the cowboys next week and didn't get 20K would that be terrible?

beave

Coach
Manly has never pulled a crowd in up here, I dont know why you blokes expected 20k. Unfortunatley the days of 18-22k crowds every home game are gone, the 3 years of rubbish after 2007 burnt alot of the out of towners and those people stay at home now and watch The games on fox (hence why we are one of the best ratings team on pay tv), i think in general people are more frugal with their cash these days, if you have to drive 2-3 hours to get here, pay for fuel, hotel room, food, tickets, you are looking at an expensive weekend. Now they have gotten used to the ease of watching at home, good luck convincing them to get season tickets again.

It might sound like excuses but it's the hard truth, times have changed,

Red Bear

Referee
Warriors crowds probably dive now, cant blame them with the rubbish they've been serving up recently.

Side with so much potential and so little brains

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Not real great in townsville. They have had reasonable excuses with natural disasters this past few years but their crowds look to be consistently below par especially for a team his has been in the mix since early in the season so whats going on?! Fantastic at Newcastle, fair few doggies fans there too

Frailty

First Grade
I went to the Melbourne game - living down here and itching to see some live football means you attend neutral games quite often.

There are a few reasons why the Melbourne crowd was disappointing:
- They weren't in form. But that is only a minor one.
- Tickets are $29 for GA. That is way too much when you are competing with the AFL ($20 at MCG and $25 at Etihad).
- No promotion of the game, let alone the different timeslot. Casual fans down here wouldn't have known at all.

Saturday afternoon games could be a great success down in Melbourne. Most junior Aussie rules games are played on Sundays, and it sits between AFL time slots. The storm really need to make it more affordable for people to attend games, so that may mean establishing a connection with the AFL to be able to offer cheaper entry for people attending the NRL and AFL.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Over 20k here on the Gold Coast. Close to 50% would be Souths fans.

I went to the Melbourne game - living down here and itching to see some live football means you attend neutral games quite often.

- Tickets are $29 for GA. That is way too much when you are competing with the AFL ($20 at MCG and $25 at Etihad).
- No promotion of the game, let alone the different timeslot. Casual fans down here wouldn't have known at all.

Saturday afternoon games could be a great success down in Melbourne. Most junior Aussie rules games are played on Sundays, and it sits between AFL time slots. The storm really need to make it more affordable for people to attend games, so that may mean establishing a connection with the AFL to be able to offer cheaper entry for people attending the NRL and AFL.
As much as it may pain some of the dogmatic haters on here, they have done that. I remember last season the Collingwood website advertising a Storm game because they had an offer where anyone with a ticket to the Pies game that day could get a pretty big discount into the Storm game that night.

The haters will never admit it, but the AFL have been good neighbours with the Storm in Melbourne.

As for the the between timeslots thing, AFL games are pretty much on all afternoon every Sunday, back to back.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
79,446 so far from 5 games (including WAR v CRO). Average of 15,889.

Probably about 9,000 at Canberra, close to 20,000 at Skilled I'd say.

Moffo

Referee

I was at crown yesterday and saw lots of fans watching the storm game there. I was like...wtf? Should have been at the game. There were lots watching the dogs play knights as well upstairs, held its own against the afl and super 15 final

Status
Not open for further replies.