What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Lollerskates @ gramma warz....

In terms of fanbase size, the Dragons win hands down nationally. I used to go to alot of drongos games when I lived in Brissie and when the Saints played the crowd was usually half full of them. They are absolute giants nationally.

I really worry about the Broncos crowds in a lean patch. The Lions and the reds have shown the power of a bandwagon in that city. SoO is pretty much everyones only diehard alingnment there...

Broncos have by far the largest fan base.

http://www.roymorganonlinestore.com/News/Broncos,-Storm-and-Dragons-have-most-supporters-bu.aspx

http://www.foxsports.com.au/league/...ar-football-team/story-e6frf3ou-1225792893933

beave

Coach
I was going to say the same f**king thing. It's like watching 2 geniuss try to f**k a door knob..........

t-ba

Post Whore
LoL, the same polling company that had the Swans as the biggest supported team of the last decade...Counting the 'I suppose' fans....lollerskates....

Brisbane is a big club, but forma club in such a massive catchment, it is outrageous how small their supporter base is. Every match should be sold out...I

Brisbane is a big club, but forma club in such a massive catchment, it is outrageous how small their supporter base is. Every match should be sold out...I

Same old discredited argument: Brisbane's catchment is clearly enormous and the catchment of every Sydney team is two blocks from their home ground making their crowds proportionally enormous.

In the real world, Brisbane's crowds are head and shoulders above anything else in the NRL. They are the best attended team in the NRL. End of story. Make excuses for why your team isn't, by all means. It doesn't change a thing.

t-ba

Post Whore
A club that has enjoyed success head and shoulders above the rest for 20 years enjoys crowds head and shoulders above the rest. I have yet to see that argument discredited...

I also await to see how the Broncos should not be criticised for their declining fan numbers. The club is resting on its laurels whikst a number of Sydney clubs are beginning to explode in terms of supporter bases...

I was at my clubs nadir. Me and 10,000 other f**king idiots. Having watched Brisbane turn on the Reds and the Lions while I was there, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens to the Broncos.

A club that has enjoyed success head and shoulders above the rest for 20 years enjoys crowds head and shoulders above the rest. I have yet to see that argument discredited...

Read most of the last ten pages of this thread. Broncos crowds aren't described as head and shoulders above. They are described as "shit", "pathetic" etc.

Glad you agree with me that they are head and shoulders above the rest.

The club is resting on its laurels whikst a number of Sydney clubs are beginning to explode in terms of supporter bases...

Clearly false. Their fan engagement and advertising have been described in earlier posts. This active work is not passive resting on the laurels.

I was at my clubs nadir. Me and 10,000 other f**king idiots. Having watched Brisbane turn on the Reds and the Lions while I was there, it will certainly be interesting to see what happens to the Broncos.

I consider the Broncos nadir to be the night I saw them against Wests at ANZ in front of a 4 figure crowd. In fact, the ANZ days when crowds in the teens were the norm weren't great years.

That's why I celebrate crowds that are, as you say, head and shoulders above the rest.

Pity the rest of LU want to tear down the tall poppy. Better to have 9 teams with ordinary crowds than a standout success for the rest of the league to look up to.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Same old discredited argument: Brisbane's catchment is clearly enormous and the catchment of every Sydney team is two blocks from their home ground making their crowds proportionally enormous.

In the real world, Brisbane's crowds are head and shoulders above anything else in the NRL. They are the best attended team in the NRL. End of story. Make excuses for why your team isn't, by all means. It doesn't change a thing.

:lol::lol::lol:
keep sprouting the same line
but I can too

they're average is around double most Sydney teams
but they have around 4 times the access to people that sydney sides have having no other NRL competition in a 2 million plus market

meaning again, they should have crowds far in excess of the ones they do.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Parramatta Eels v Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs @ ANZ Stadium 30K
St George Illawarra Dragons v Brisbane Broncos @ WIN Stadium, Wollongong 15K
Warriors v Sydney Roosters @ Eden Park Auckland 34K
North Queensland Cowboys v Melbourne Storm @ 1300SMILES Stadium 17K
Gold Coast Titans v Canberra Raiders @ Skilled Park 12K
Wests Tigers v Penrith Panthers @ Campbelltown Stadium 13K
Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles v Newcastle Knights @ Brookvale Oval 16K
South Sydney Rabbitohs v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks @ ANZ Stadium 19K

beave

Coach
Awesome, cyclone going to hit somewhere between Townsville and Mackay in 48 hours, that will drop our crowd a bit (roads get cut very easily up here).

thorson1987

Coach
Been good weather all week in Sydney, today however... Not so good.:(

Bullshit. Today is nice compared to the past couple of days. Cloudy, a hell of a lot cooler. If its like this I may consider taking my boy to the tigpies game on Sunday, provided it doesn't rain.

ouwet

Bench
Bullshit. Today is nice compared to the past couple of days. Cloudy, a hell of a lot cooler. If its like this I may consider taking my boy to the tigpies game on Sunday, provided it doesn't rain.

Really, So overcast with 80% chance of rain is better then a clear warm day and perfect clear night?

Status
Not open for further replies.