What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

BunniesMan

Immortal
$10 dollar tickets and less than 20k show to see 1st vs 2013 premiers. Terrible crowd if people wont pay $10 to see 1st vs premiers what will. Cost no longer a excuse.

It's origin mate. Half the Dogs weren't there. The Origin period schedule needs a serious looking at. Get rid of the ANZAC test break and add 2 extra breaks, play Origin in this 3 weeks . The players will like less doubling up. The networks will still get the same amount of footy. And we can devote the extra time to showcasing tests between developing nations.

I guarantee if we did this the first season of this plan would see the season crowd average go to over 18k.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Shot of the crowd live now

Screen-Shot-2014-05-23-at-74344-pm_zps6f4bd924.jpg
d

The biggest problem with ANZ is the colour of the seats....

Its such a bright colour every seat not filled stands out massively. And having a really light blue, such a calming colour, really doesnt help.

MCG has grey seating (if i remember correctly) so a half full stadium still doesnt look that bad, Suncorp is a dark red (angry colour) 20,000 doesnt look tat bad.

But when 75,000 people file into ANZ, you can still spot ever single empty seat...

Perth Red

Post Whore
Lol, colour of the seats? The problem is the stadium holds 80k and NRL games rarely get more than 20k. You can paint the seats any colour you like!

CC_Roosters

First Grade
19,088 is the crowd

about 5k more than i was expecting tbh given the circumstances

How can it be that australias two most popular sports in the NRL and AFL have an entirely compromised draw albeit in different circumstances but for the same reason (tv).

WaznTheGreat

Referee
19k is perfectly fine

If Eels got 19k against the Roosters at Hayne Stadium or the Tigers got 19k against the Roosters at Derpchadrt we would all be jizzing ourselves

Relax,we got dis

BunniesMan

Immortal
about 5k more than i was expecting tbh given the circumstances

How can it be that australias two most popular sports in the NRL and AFL have an entirely compromised draw albeit in different circumstances but for the same reason (tv).

The NRL draw is compromised for Origin. TV gains nothing out of having games with missing stars that are always going to have less interest in them.

We need the plan I outlined in my previous post. It would be win win win for all.

pHyR3

Juniors
Lol, colour of the seats? The problem is the stadium holds 80k and NRL games rarely get more than 20k. You can paint the seats any colour you like!

ANZ averages around 22k, but yea sure. we'll say it 'rarely' gets above 20k if you want.

guyver78

Juniors
Few more Roosters fans turned up then I anticipated, out of the 19000 that turned up id say 4000 were Roosters supporters

Chook Norris

First Grade
On the topic of colour of seats, always thought it was a little difficult to notice empty seats at 1300smiles stadium compared to others. Think it is the colour of the seats, but probably helps that the stadium is less lit

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
The biggest problem with ANZ is the colour of the seats....

Its such a bright colour every seat not filled stands out massively. And having a really light blue, such a calming colour, really doesnt help.

MCG has grey seating (if i remember correctly) so a half full stadium still doesnt look that bad, Suncorp is a dark red (angry colour) 20,000 doesnt look tat bad.

But when 75,000 people file into ANZ, you can still spot ever single empty seat...

MCG has many different seating colours, from light yellows, light blues, light maroon, dark green, light green and a grey.

Suncorp has the orangey/red and the yellow. Level 7 behind the posts and level 6 used to be random colours, in blocks.

oikee

Juniors
The game was that good that i never even thought about the size of the crowd.
We have the best product, we need better stadiums to sell the code to the fans.
19 thousand was good, nothing wrong with 19 thousand.

pHyR3

Juniors
Suncorp has a great colour scheme. it always looks 90-95% full even though it only averages 65% full or so. ANZ looks about 30-40% full even with blockbusters like Tigers vs Eels (65% full).

Problem with colour schemes is the number of teams with home games there. e.g can't make it red and green for souths cause itll be shit for dogs and tigers.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
Suncorp has a great colour scheme. it always looks 90-95% full even though it only averages 65% full or so. ANZ looks about 30-40% full even with blockbusters like Tigers vs Eels (65% full).

Problem with colour schemes is the number of teams with home games there. e.g can't make it red and green for souths cause itll be shit for dogs and tigers.

Suncorp is good how it plots the crowd as close as possible, keeping intimacy. Doesn't open level 7 until most of level 5 and 6 is sold.

At ANZ its much harder to achieve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts