What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

guyver78

Juniors
Thursday night footy is still going to suffer the same issues as Monday night footy.

Both can be successful timeslots but the attitude of so many NRL is incredibly poor, they won't go to games unless it perfectly suits them. Hell, fans probably won't even turn out for a 6:30pm kick off on Sunday because they have work the next day. It also doesn't help that the networks have the NRL by the throat and pretty much control when matches are played.

How CAN fans turn up and attend such graveyard time slots??? When I renewed my season ticketed membership last year I signed up 2 additional season ticket members so that they can enjoy a few games with us. So far they have only attended 4 games and next year they are already voting with their feet saying they simply cannot attend that many Monday/Thursday night games because of work commitments.

I also don't know how soo many people can also sit here and whinge about Saturday night 5:30/7:30pm time slots when I personally think that besides Sunday afternoon a Saturday night time slot is the second best by far. If people are whinging about these Saturday night time slots then that's a bit of a worry. The Roosters get all these good Saturday night games whilst we cop mostly Thursday, Friday and Monday night games.

guyver78

Juniors
Please end Monday Night Football

My Monday Night Summary

-Train trip up to ANZ wasn't too bad
-Weather dropped to 10 Degrees and last night was seriously cold out there
-Game itself was of NSW Cup Quality (Nobody's fault ofcourse as games are a hit and miss)
-My team lost (again nobody's fault as it happens)
-Express train gets stuck on the wrong platform at Central and is at a standstill for a good 15 minutes before it reverses back and finally lets us out at Central
-The next eastern suburbs train doesn't come for 28minutes
-I walk into my house at 11:46PM

Now why would the average supporter bother to turn up to any Monday night game???

hutch

First Grade
Yeah but if Tedisco and the other injured players played? Same with last night 2 from each team only was missing due to origin. Sezar etc would of made the game better but injuries happen all year around

but farah, woods and co arent injured, they are sitting on the sidelines because of a representitive game that is more important than an nrl game. the product is davalued, the media do not care about the nrl during origin, there are 6 teams not even playing this weekend and the normal focus on nrl games just is not there.

there are so many advantages to having stand alone rep weekends, many of which go far beyond the nrl. the only reason we keep hearing for not moving the games are tv ratings, even though tv ratings are higher on a sunday night than any other night of the week which could be a fair comprimise for tv networks.
if nothing is done, we will be talking about the same thing the same time next year, the year after and the year after. it would be nice if the nrl planned ahead, showed some initiative and opened the sport up to having entire weekends designated for countries to hold their own representitive games including state of origin.

franklin2323

Immortal
but farah, woods and co arent injured, they are sitting on the sidelines because of a representitive game that is more important than an nrl game. the product is davalued, the media do not care about the nrl during origin, there are 6 teams not even playing this weekend and the normal focus on nrl games just is not there.

there are so many advantages to having stand alone rep weekends, many of which go far beyond the nrl. the only reason we keep hearing for not moving the games are tv ratings, even though tv ratings are higher on a sunday night than any other night of the week which could be a fair comprimise for tv networks.
if nothing is done, we will be talking about the same thing the same time next year, the year after and the year after. it would be nice if the nrl planned ahead, showed some initiative and opened the sport up to having entire weekends designated for countries to hold their own representitive games including state of origin.

The Tigers team was average due to Tedisco, Patterson, Simona, Sue, Moltzen being out. If Channel 9 could get 4m viewers on a Sunday night it would be moved instantly.

221k watched the game last night. Assuming we put PNG v Samoa in it's place it won't get anywhere near that. So even the devalued games rate so there's simply no reason it will be changed anytime soon

Version 6

Staff member

I think its more about family budgets etc.

If a family is going to go to a game of footy and they can't afford to go every week, they are going to opt to take the kids on a week when their favourite players are playing.

RWB

Bench
Awesome offer for anyone living on the Gold Coast, at those prices they should really be packing the stadium. Good test to see just how popular they actually are on the GC at the moment.

Br_Os7YCAAAsW3B.jpg

juro

Bench
Doing my comparison of games again (see http://forums.leagueunlimited.com/sh...postcount=2019).

Round 17 (65k) was 2k down on the average of the equivalent games from 2009-2013 (67k). This was our 7th week of losses in a row. It was around this time last year that the floor started dropping out of the season, so a 2k loss isn't too bad.

crowd_2014_17_80.png

The biggest fall came from Bulldogs vs Sea Eagles (-6k). This was the lowest crowd for this fixture since 2006.

The other negative was:
- Rabbitohs vs Titans -1k

The positives were:
- Wests Tigers vs Panthers +3k
- Roosters vs Sharks +1k
- Dragons vs Cowboys +1k

Next week's par crowd total is 88k, and I'm tipping another small loss.

My guesses are:
Sea Eagles vs Wests Tigers 16k
Warriors vs Eels 17k
Storm vs Bulldogs 14k
Titans vs Raiders 13k
Sharks vs Knights 14k
Panthers vs Broncos 12k
Total: 86k

Tom Shines

First Grade
How Souffs could charge $27 (or $40 for the Burrah!) on a freezing Monday night between two depleted teams at the cavernous ANZ Stadium is beyond me.

Play Mondays at Allianz to give people a chance to get there after work FFS.

Billythekid

First Grade
Awesome offer for anyone living on the Gold Coast, at those prices they should really be packing the stadium. Good test to see just how popular they actually are on the GC at the moment.

Br_Os7YCAAAsW3B.jpg

These sort of promotions have a limited impact as a one off imo. They need to make ticket prices lower across the board to have a real effect (though obviously not that cheap). In general children shoudl always be that cheap and not just on the GC.

guyver78

Juniors
These sort of promotions have a limited impact as a one off imo. They need to make ticket prices lower across the board to have a real effect (though obviously not that cheap). In general children shoudl always be that cheap and not just on the GC.

Those sorts of promotions are also very limited too. It's always either "the first 3000 customers only" or "Promotion valid on General Admission tickets only" as you say. You'll find that their most expensive and Titanium/Gold tickets which make up the majority of the stadium are still full price.

Lets just face it, unless you support the Broncos and you have the opportunity to watch them at a world class facility like Suncorp there really isn't much value for the average punter to get to a RL game. Especially the Titans at those prices...

Last edited:

Dogs Of War

Coach

I take it that's GA? Though with that sort of deal, they really should have had a family ticket for $20 on top of it all.

Either way, it won't make the ground look great if both ends are packed, while the middle is empty. They probably need to move towards what the Rooster do and make up to the 20m line GA for all but premium games.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Here we go again with the bullshit expectations on Souths fans. We hate Mondays.

Fact is since 2007 we've NEVER had a non-Rd1 or Easter period MNF crowd above 15k.

But let's not let facts get in the way of blind jealousy and envy...

We can't bag Souths' crowds anymore due to circumstance?

f**k me dead grow up

guyver78

Juniors
The NRL has a strategy, no really they do. Just you wait and see...........

Mate I really hope the

Souths v Dogs
&
Souths v Roosters

both get around 12K. Shane Richardson literally came out begging people to attend the remainder of the 2014 games but it's all for nothing.

Perth Red I regret ever debating with you about moving games up to Perth. In fact if they give us that sort of schedule you can take all our Thursday/Monday night games to Perth.

BunniesMan

Immortal
Mate I really hope the

Souths v Dogs
&
Souths v Roosters

both get around 12K. Shane Richardson literally came out begging people to attend the remainder of the 2014 games but it's all for nothing.

Perth Red I regret ever debating with you about moving games up to Perth. In fact if they give us that sort of schedule you can take all our Thursday/Monday night games to Perth.

You do know our games against the Dogs and Easts are away games?

DC_fan

Coach
Play Mondays at Allianz to give people a chance to get there after work FFS.

No, play it at ANZ to give people who live and work in the golden west a chance to get to the game.

Going home after the game last night there was many more fans on the train going west the heading east.

Status
Not open for further replies.