What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

[FKN-SIK]

Juniors
Excuses excuses...

I finish work at 5:30pm in Surry Hills and arrive at ANZ just after 6pm and that includes changing at Lidcombe and a 10 minute walk to Central Station

Perth Red

Post Whore
I've not found it hard or difficult to get from the Sydney city centre to ANZ. As said excuses can always be found for not turning up. Monday nights do suck though, they need to be binned and moved to Sunday 6pm

guyver78

Juniors
You do know our games against the Dogs and Easts are away games?

Bunnies Man that's besides the point and when you live in Sydney and you support either the Rabbitohs, Dogs, Tigers, Roosters or even Dragons then any game played at ANZ/SCG/SFS is pretty much a home game for you.

The SFS is just as much our home ground as it is the Roosters and ANZ or SCG is no different being home to the Tigers and Dogs just like it is to us.

We take 3 games away(2 this year) each year but reciprocal rights allow Souths supporters on Plus memberships to attend the full 12 games in Sydney 3 being official away games this year in the Dragons, Dogs & Tigers. So in a way they still are our home games.

Those Thursday night games would have been unreal to go to on a clear Saturday night, instead we'll probably just get around that 20K mark & far less atmosphere.

Besides, even tho I'm a Souths supporter I still want the Roosters or Dogs to do well crowd wise.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
No, play it at ANZ to give people who live and work in the golden west a chance to get to the game.

Going home after the game last night there was many more fans on the train going west the heading east.

Every single time I use Olympic Park station - for club games or Origin, finals etc etc... I can safely say the City-Strathfield side is ALWAYS fuller than the Western-bound side. Every time.

Timmah

Staff member
What expectations?

That a team which has double the members of mine, has spent three straight seasons near the top of the comp should be doing better than it is? :lol:

For the record if you look back a page or two I made no excuses for Friday night's appalling crowd for the Doggies against Manly. Lowest in 8 years, not impressive.

Big Sam

First Grade
What expectations?

That a team which has double the members of mine, has spent three straight seasons near the top of the comp should be doing better than it is? :lol:
We're averaging 21k - consistent with last season.

For the record if you look back a page or two I made no excuses for Friday night's appalling crowd for the Doggies against Manly. Lowest in 8 years, not impressive.

I'm not making an excuse - I'm saying all normal Monday Souths crowds have been shit since 2007. Last night was no exception.

franklin2323

Immortal
Perfect test for Monday night crowds. Penrith have $14 adult. Kids free entry. Yet we will be lucky to pull 10k... Yet we get 4 of them in a season!!

guyver78

Juniors
Perfect test for Monday night crowds. Penrith have $14 adult. Kids free entry. Yet we will be lucky to pull 10k... Yet we get 4 of them in a season!!

We copped the other 4 Monday night games this season too and yeah you probably will be lucky to crack 10K. Who could be bothered going to Penrith on a Monday night to watch the Panthers play an out of town team play anyway.

juro

Bench
We copped the other 4 Monday night games this season too and yeah you probably will be lucky to crack 10K. Who could be bothered going to Penrith on a Monday night to watch the Panthers play an out of town team play anyway.
Panthers fans who live locally?

franklin2323

Immortal

I live 10mins walk from the ground but work in the CBD. I sorted it out to leave at 4 but won't make it to the game before 5.30. If I drove home via M4 I would be in the car at 7pm. The early start is more the issue

franklin2323

Immortal

We got 9.5k v Titans something similar this week. Then Melb and Cowboys also around 10k mark hopefully our form gets it towards 12k

guyver78

Juniors

The Panthers are unfortunately in a similar situation to Manly where unless they get the bigger 40,000 seater stadium that Gus has been lobbying for so long then 18-20K will be about as good as it gets.

People always say lets fill the smaller stadiums first to capacity before we move onto the bigger stadiums but if we took that approach then we'll be waiting 100 years for that to happen.

The Panthers demographic area is big but the only way to grow crowds out there is by giving them a bigger stadium with better facilities. Without that, you'll find that the same 8K supporters will turn up to watch the same out of town team play on the same monday night 10 years from now.

papabear

Juniors
Every single time I use Olympic Park station - for club games or Origin, finals etc etc... I can safely say the City-Strathfield side is ALWAYS fuller than the Western-bound side. Every time.

I agree with this.

LOL at anyone trying to pretend there are more people going west from homebush.

Timmah

Staff member
We're averaging 21k - consistent with last season

Wouldn't hold my breath it staying there. Your remaining home games are against Newcastle (Cairns), Manly (SCG), Brisbane and North Queensland (both ANZ).

I reckon you're looking at 18-19k tops if Monday's crowd is anything to go by.

DC_fan

Coach
Wouldn't hold my breath it staying there. Your remaining home games are against Newcastle (Cairns), Manly (SCG), Brisbane and North Queensland (both ANZ).

I reckon you're looking at 18-19k tops if Monday's crowd is anything to go by.

It will not help when two of those games, Manly and Brisbane are played on a Friday night and a Thursday night respectively

guyver78

Juniors
pax for tonight: 52,104.

I think the crowd will be 50,500- 51,500.

So how come they're posting up these sorts of articles in the SMH??

Queenslanders have abandoned their record-breaking Maroons side. Suncorp Stadium is on the verge of not selling out for the first time since 2003.
About 6000 tickets remained unsold for the dead rubber clash, which could draw less than 50,000 people which hasn?t happened in Queensland since matches were again played at the redeveloped Suncorp Stadium 12 years ago.

Timmah

Staff member
pax for tonight: 52,104.

I think the crowd will be 50,500- 51,500.

For the record the pax's with a day to go for ANZ were up to 84-85k.

Either way, there's still most sections left available for purchase.

I think 50,000 tops.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
So how come they're posting up these sorts of articles in the SMH??

Queenslanders have abandoned their record-breaking Maroons side. Suncorp Stadium is on the verge of not selling out for the first time since 2003.
About 6000 tickets remained unsold for the dead rubber clash, which could draw less than 50,000 people which hasn?t happened in Queensland since matches were again played at the redeveloped Suncorp Stadium 12 years ago.

Sydney morning herald is obviously on the bash QLD fans bandwagon.

Dead rubber in Sydney 2010, got 62k, when tickets were cheap as.

Guyver that article of 6,000 tickets left is an absolute joke.

Buzz is still around in Brisbane, no aggression, people choosing to "celebr8".

The prices still, however, are a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.