What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

insert.pause

First Grade
Brisbane recently announced their membership break down. Less than 9,000 were full season members. If that is reflective of all clubs it makes sense why memberships are not yet influencing avg crowds.

link? Broncos annual report put ticketed membership at ~18k, non-ticketed at 9k.

Perth Red

Post Whore
it was on a Broncos facebook post a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it, the ticketed membership number you are talking about is including one and four game memberships. I was shocked at how low the % of members are actually full ticket members but it does explain crowds that high membership clubs get at times.

Chook Norris

First Grade
Really? I thought Wednesday's game was no different to watching the Tigers play Penrith last sunday afternoon.

Game 1 was brilliant. Game 2 as boring a game it was, it was still competitive, you could see teams really getting into each other. Game 3 on the other hand, a complete dead rubber. I can't believe you'd pay to watch that.

We're going off topic, so we should just leave it as it is. My post was moreso in response to your claim that the Blues were half-arsed and weren't trying, when multiple try saving attempts by the Blues clearly demonstrated otherwise.

insert.pause

First Grade
it was on a Broncos facebook post a few weeks ago. I'll see if I can find it, the ticketed membership number you are talking about is including one and four game memberships. I was shocked at how low the % of members are actually full ticket members but it does explain crowds that high membership clubs get at times.

it's hard to get people to financially commit to basically every second friday night, especially when its easier to just watch on FTA, which makes the four game memberships attractive, particularly when they include the blockbusters.

Perth Red

Post Whore
undertsand but it does explain why some games draw a lot less than membership numbers for some clubs eg Souths. I guess it depends on what you see the value of knowing what membership numbers are. If we are using them to judge the benefit to crowds, mentioned many times that increasing memberships will increase crowds, that would only be a relevant factor if people are buying full memberships which the majority are not.

insert.pause

First Grade
undertsand but it does explain why some games draw a lot less than membership numbers for some clubs eg Souths. I guess it depends on what you see the value of knowing what membership numbers are. If we are using them to judge the benefit to crowds, mentioned many times that increasing memberships will increase crowds, that would only be a relevant factor if people are buying full memberships which the majority are not.

It's the opposite for the broncos, their crowd averages are much larger than their member numbers and the problem has always been trying to convert the regular walk ups to members, people just don't like to be locked in.

cleary89

Coach
Just on pricing for games, I got an email this morning for autumn union internationals. France v Australia/Fiji/Argentina from 15? a seat, or roughly $22. Puts SOO in perspective.

Australia v All Blacks is 179, 164, 124 or 89 (A,B,C or D).

Tolouse Olympique (french league) tickets were 10 euro.

So what can we gain from this comparison? If you want to go to sporting events, move to France.

DC_fan

Coach

Unfortunately for my team Souths, until pets and dead people are allowed to attend games then our membership numbers and crowd numbers will never match

Status
Not open for further replies.