What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch 2014 part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

ag6858

Juniors
I've said for a while that clubs and the NRL should have 2 trackers for memberships and full season ticket holders.

For example we have 30k members, but only around 17k of those are ANZ season ticket holders.

Only problem is that Broncos, Roosters, Souths and Dogs have stadium trust members too which can skew the figures.

Heritage XIII

Juniors
Just hit 50,000 members too. Not bad for a side in the bottom 4.

Hmmm, and crowds have dipped below 25,000 (unofficially lower). They have an ex AFL bloke in charge of marketing and his mantra must be "the media only go after the NRL, so make a number and that'll be our membership tally" ...... 50,000 members, I wonder what the make up of those would be?

DC_fan

Coach
I've said for a while that clubs and the NRL should have 2 trackers for memberships and full season ticket holders.

For example we have 30k members, but only around 17k of those are ANZ season ticket holders.

Membership numbers are very misleading when you try to relate them to crowd figures. Here is an email I received today from Souths.

MAKE SURE YOUR FAMILY IS PART OF OUR FAMILY,
JOIN YOUR BABY OR PET AS A MEMBER FROM JUST $40!

Dear

Thank you for your continued support as a Member for the 2014 season.

With Baby and Pet Memberships available from just $40, it?s now easier than ever for you to share your passion for the Rabbitohs with the whole family.

Whether you have a furry friend or newborn of your own, or are looking for a unique gift, the Rabbitohs family is the place to call home in 2014!

Items in the Rabbitohs Baby Member pack include:
- 2014 Membership Card
- Official letter of welcome from the Club
- Rabbitohs Baby Scarf
- Rabbitohs Door Sign

Items in the Rabbitohs Pet Member pack include:
- Official letter of welcome from the Club
- Rabbitohs Fence Sign
- Rabbitohs Pet Food Mat

EASY WAYS TO SIGN UP A BABY OR PET:

CC_Roosters

First Grade
14,087 @ mt smart I think I heard. Seems there was rain about today in Auckland so solid enough crowd on a cold night

Heritage XIII

Juniors
56,505 members, I would love to know how many are ticketed.

It would be very interesting. I suppose in pr stakes it sounds impressive but financially?? Again, the membership guy at Reds is an ex AFL staffer and I wonder what tricks of the trade he would do to manipulate these figures?

At 56,000 with crowds as low as early 20's for Reds, their membership base is as less active than the Rabbitoh's for game attendees.

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
At the reds game now.

You can tell a section of about 5,000 seats that were handed out.

Sections 516-510... They are only 5% full, if that.

My PAX for this game as of two hours ago was 42,800.

Status
Not open for further replies.