What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Rabbits20

Immortal
Swans may get more for their match than what NRL will get for the 2 matches at Allianz.

Manly and Dogs should be getting around 28k but I don't know if they will!

RWB

Bench
I have no issue with people supporting multiple clubs and multiple sports.

but when roosters fans generally rate the roosters as there second or third favourite team/sport you have to question the relevance of the roosters in the competition. Especially when most other rugby league teams don't suffer the same sort of thing , except Melbourne which is understandable.

Who said anything about that? If you're going to reply to me don't misquote me.

Your argument essentially boils down to the fact your club isn't important enough to it's apparent fans to attend. So why don't you explain why Roosters fans would rather go to AFL games.

And more misquoting, read then type. It's not that hard.

RWB

Bench
I would be shocked if Manly and Dogs gets 34k. I think they will struggle to get over 30k.

They're looking on track for a crowd around 30k. PAX numbers are well ahead of where Easts & Souths figures were. We'll know soon enough though, if they're expecting a crowd over 30k then they'll open the upper East Stand tomorrow for sales.

RWB

Bench
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Friday night’s NRL elimination semi-final between the Sydney Roosters and North Queensland at Allianz Stadium will only draw about 20,000 fans — a weak attendance figure even given only one Sydney team is playing.

Even more disappointing is that Saturday evening’s fierce knockout semi-final between Canterbury and Manly at the same venue looks like drawing just 27,000 fans.

The AFL preliminary final between Sydney Swans and North Melbourne at ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park on Friday will attract a robust, if not spectacular, crowd of about 48,000.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rl-and-afl-stars/story-fnp0lyn3-1227063260696

Brutus

Referee
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Friday night?s NRL elimination semi-final between the Sydney Roosters and North Queensland at Allianz Stadium will only draw about 20,000 fans ? a weak attendance figure even given only one Sydney team is playing.

Even more disappointing is that Saturday evening?s fierce knockout semi-final between Canterbury and Manly at the same venue looks like drawing just 27,000 fans.

The AFL preliminary final between Sydney Swans and North Melbourne at ANZ Stadium at Sydney Olympic Park on Friday will attract a robust, if not spectacular, crowd of about 48,000.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...rl-and-afl-stars/story-fnp0lyn3-1227063260696

So a Swans prelim final crowd of 48k is "if not spectacular"? Would be their smallest prelim final crowd at ANZ of all.

The agenda of the Telegraph is there for all to see.

If the NRL prelim finals happen to outdraw the AFL prelims will we hear a peep from the Telecrap?

Brutus

Referee
The NRL have just made it free entry for junior pass holders for both semis over the weekend. Geez.

ouwet

Bench
The Daily Telegraph can reveal Friday night?s NRL elimination semi-final between the Sydney Roosters and North Queensland at Allianz Stadium will only draw about 20,000 fans ? a weak attendance figure even given only one Sydney team is playing.

Even more disappointing is that Saturday evening?s fierce knockout semi-final between Canterbury and Manly at the same venue looks like drawing just 27,000 fans.

The whole week the daily telegraph hasn't talked up either game... They just couldn't get over Cameron Smith!!!

I really hope Manly fans make a push today!!!

BlueandGold

Juniors
They'll at least be competitive with the flogball prelims.

I reckon roosters v souths 65k
Penrith v dogs 55k.

You never know. Could be interesting.

Roosters Souths 65k.......................yeah right that game will be no less then 70k, i think they will get closer to 80k tbh.

DIOGENES

Juniors
Small reality check
2nd week 2013
Cronulla v Manly 23,837
Newcastle v Melbourne 19,649

2nd week 2012 (the record year)
Manly v N Queensland 16, 678
Souths v Canberra 35,874

The predicted crowds this week are historically consistent