What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Brutus

Referee
Roosters Souths 65k.......................yeah right that game will be no less then 70k, i think they will get closer to 80k tbh.

Closer to 80k? More than Parra v Cant and Souths v Cant prelim finals????

Optimism at its finest.

I would be surprised if roosters vs souths got above 50k. Souths will bring their 13k loyal fans plus 27k bandwagon fans, roosters will bring their usual 10k.

BlueandGold

Juniors
Closer to 80k? More than Parra v Cant and Souths v Cant prelim finals????

Optimism at its finest.

You obviously do not watch rugby league much do you....

Its is Souths vs Roosters....................

This clash will rival if not pass parra vs Dogs in 2009, mark my words this game will be easily over 70k.

Souths Roosters got 59k to a round 26 match to decide the minor premiership and this game will be to qualify for the GF, easily over 70k.

Last edited:

Brutus

Referee
You obviously do not watch rugby league much do you....

Its is Souths vs Roosters....................

This clash will rival if not pass parra vs Dogs in 2009, mark my words this game will be easily over 70k.

Souths Roosters got 59k to a round 26 match to decide the minor premiership and this game will be to qualify for the GF, easily over 70k.

I hope you"re right.

I was at the 59k game and have been to just about every Souths v Roosters game since 1998.

Yeah..don't watch much RL.

It would be big if they met in a semi. Haven't met in a finals game since the 30's.

Don't get so riled up about someone's crowd prediction dude, particulary when it's not that far off yoursLol I would love nothing more than sell-out for this game if it occurs. The rivalry is intense.

Last edited:

Flapper

First Grade
Who said anything about that? If you're going to reply to me don't misquote me.

And more misquoting, read then type. It's not that hard.

How is it misquoting? You're using the Swans game as an excuse for a lower crowd, which means that obviously there are Roosters fans who would rather watch the Swans. Just because you made a shifty argument doesn't mean you can try to move the goalposts.

It's literally this simple: if you're using the Sydney Swans as an excuse for low Sydney Roosters crowds it means your fans don't really care about the Roosters.

Valheru

Coach
How is it misquoting? You're using the Swans game as an excuse for a lower crowd, which means that obviously there are Roosters fans who would rather watch the Swans. Just because you made a shifty argument doesn't mean you can try to move the goalposts.

It's literally this simple: if you're using the Sydney Swans as an excuse for low Sydney Roosters crowds it means your fans don't really care about the Roosters.

No, he said that a lot of people may choose to sit at home or the pub to watch both.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand.

guyver78

Juniors
The NRL have just made it free entry for junior pass holders for both semis over the weekend. Geez.

They must be struggling for numbers then which is pretty bad. Traditionally week 1 of the finals has always had a fairly low attendance across the board.

Week 2 and 3 of the finals have always had much higher attendances, particularly week 3.

nomis88

Juniors
The whole week the daily telegraph hasn't talked up either game... They just couldn't get over Cameron Smith!!!

I really hope Manly fans make a push today!!!

Why pick on Manly fans? Manly had the highest attendance at their home semi last week and will do the same this week. Rooster fans (or the lack thereof) are the real problem.

ouwet

Bench
Why pick on Manly fans? Manly had the highest attendance at their home semi last week and will do the same this week. Rooster fans (or the lack thereof) are the real problem.

:lol:They'll have the highest in round 2 also... Where would the NRL be without the massive and well-travelled Manly fans:lol:

Danish

Referee
The NRL have just made it free entry for junior pass holders for both semis over the weekend. Geez.

Why wouldn't they? you only get into GA with them and neither game is going to come close to a sell out.

Frankly it seems stupid to have locked them out for any other finals game thats come before it considering we'd never gone close to a sell out at any ground except Townsville when it comes to the first 2 weeks of the finals.

The NRL has obviously made it their policy to simply increase attendance in the finals at the expense of profits. In 2013 the first 3 weeks of the finals saw an increase in total crowd numbers but a drop in revenue from those games. 2014 will likely see the same thing again (although if Souths vs Roosters in a prelim happens that may help with the revenue side of the equation)

yobbo84

First Grade
Small reality check
2nd week 2013
Cronulla v Manly 23,837
Newcastle v Melbourne 19,649

2nd week 2012 (the record year)
Manly v N Queensland 16, 678
Souths v Canberra 35,874

The predicted crowds this week are historically consistent

There was also a pretty significant number of Raiders supporters at the Souths v Canberra semi too. A good 10k, if not more - I remember being quite surprised at the time.

insert.pause

First Grade
Why wouldn't they? you only get into GA with them and neither game is going to come close to a sell out.

Frankly it seems stupid to have locked them out for any other finals game thats come before it considering we'd never gone close to a sell out at any ground except Townsville when it comes to the first 2 weeks of the finals.

The NRL has obviously made it their policy to simply increase attendance in the finals at the expense of profits. In 2013 the first 3 weeks of the finals saw an increase in total crowd numbers but a drop in revenue from those games. 2014 will likely see the same thing again (although if Souths vs Roosters in a prelim happens that may help with the revenue side of the equation)

It's not new to this week, they have been allowed for all finals games except Townsville.

DIOGENES

Juniors
They must be struggling for numbers then which is pretty bad. Traditionally week 1 of the finals has always had a fairly low attendance across the board.

Week 2 and 3 of the finals have always had much higher attendances, particularly week 3.

Absolute crap as far as week 2 is concerned - have a look at the figures for the last 2 years as a starter.

Week 3 is another story

Flapper

First Grade
No, he said that a lot of people may choose to sit at home or the pub to watch both.

Not sure why it is so hard to understand.

That doesn't really change what I said though, if "Roosters" fans don't want to go to potentially the last game of the season because they want to watch South Melbourne playing at the same time doesn't make "Roosters" fans seem that loyal does it?

Heritage XIII

Juniors
That doesn't really change what I said though, if "Roosters" fans don't want to go to potentially the last game of the season because they want to watch South Melbourne playing at the same time doesn't make "Roosters" fans seem that loyal does it?

It's ironic that many NRL fans say they wouldn't watch or follow their team if they merge or relocate. Yet there are those willing to support a relocated team in the Swans. Go figure.

themacemaceman

Juniors

I think the NRL are afraid of a poor crowd at the bulldogs game. With hieghtened security around sporting events due to the terror alerts im not sure too many bulldogs supporters will get in the ground.