What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

Bumble

First Grade
i'm just curious, how long did the travel take you, one way??? i travelled from the campbelltown area and its quite easy to get to anz stadium from there, by train

Getting there was super easy last night because they run trains directly from Central, so Mascot Station to ANZ was only about 35 minutes all up. Getting home was a bit of a pain as it took 30 minutes plus to get on a train, then a 20 minute wait at Central!

Usually it takes about 1.25 hours - Mascot to Central, non-express to Lidcombe, Lidcombe to Olympic Park. With no wait between transfers it's a little less.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
Getting there was super easy tonight because they run trains directly from Central, so Mascot Station to AB'S was only about 35 minutes all up. Getting home was a bit of a pain as it took 30 minutes plus to get on a train, then a 20 minute wait at Central!

Usually it takes about 1.25 hours - Mascot to Central, non-express to Lidcombe, Lidcombe to Olympic Park. With no wait between transfers it's a little less.

Was a joke last night at strathfield for the newcastle line train. It was late, had a very late change in platforms, the doors would not open and there was no train until 11pm. Tonnes of people waited for it for ages. Knowing it was a major event night and strathfield being the rail hub to which the olympic express was stopping at then an extra train to newcastle should have been put on at 11.30.

Easily my worst travel experience on a footy night.

CC_Roosters

First Grade
835k is absolutely massive!

Wow that is huge. Out of interest what does a typical GF rate in Sydney for comparison.

Codeincrisis indeed lol

It does raise one question though. That massive ratings number in Sydney shows there was huge interest in the game so why more didn't get out to the ground is a mystery. Fairly priced for a preliminary final Imo so what's doing?!

Any pax updates for tonight?

Last edited:

H.H

Juniors
I didn't think our turnout was as bad as some are saying, but we were definitely outnumbered.

I work with a bloke who is part of a group of 18 chook pen members who go to every home game, but last night every single one of them were no shows. Sums our fans up at times...we do exist and in reasonable numbers, but f**k me we can be apathetic at times.

Pisses me off, but what can you do. I was there and will continue to support them no matter what.

insert.pause

First Grade
PF1 last year had 1.188 2 city metro so its probably only up a little bit there, not sure how it rated in mel last year but I think that's probably where the best growth will be. If regionals hold up with last year on 639k it will crack total of 2m.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I wonder how many Penny and Bulldogs fans watched the game at home last night and thought:'I wanna be at the game tomorrow night and experience what the souths fans did'.

So there are people who can't go to a social event without guzzling beer. Maybe you should try having a night or two off the piss.

:clap:

Funny thing is that don't even have to have an entire night off from drinking full strength.

Just a few hours.

Pretty embarrassing that the swans got a bigger prelim crowd

Another 'quality' post.

Phil Rothfield would be proud of the level of accuracy in your statement.

Ignore him, he's a QLDer

With the emphasis on 'der'

elbusto

Coach
:clap:

Funny thing is that don't even have to have an entire night off from drinking full strength.

Just a few hours.

Another 'quality' post.

Phil Rothfield would be proud of the level of accuracy in your statement.

With the emphasis on 'der'
Funny thing is you might want to drink full strength beer but you are banned from doing so by a bunch of do gooders.

elbusto

Coach
I didn't think our turnout was as bad as some are saying, but we were definitely outnumbered.

I work with a bloke who is part of a group of 18 chook pen members who go to every home game, but last night every single one of them were no shows. Sums our fans up at times...we do exist and in reasonable numbers, but f**k me we can be apathetic at times.

Pisses me off, but what can you do. I was there and will continue to support them no matter what.

The atmosphere at home on telly was great. Crowd was good. Ratings were outrageous. Overall a bloody good result.

Latest posts