What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

crowd watch 2014 part IV

alien

Referee
cant believe some people are saying a crowd over 50,000 is shit. ok it could have been better, and the nrl should change a few things because they should always be looking to improve things. tickets could be a bit cheaper (and for some people full strength beer available, lol). i think another reason is a friday night game wouldnt draw as many people as a saturday or sunday game. the 2 games should have been played over saturday and sunday. i'm not complaining though. i was there and the atmosphere was awesome in the burrow. when 1 team playing is the roosters then dont expect a record crowd. i bought a grandfinal ticket over a month ago that cost me almost $400 (im around the 30 metre line and around 10 rows back), looking forward to it

alien

Referee
And is this rabbit the dopiest looking mouth breather you've ever seen or what?

2yl1nd0.jpg

yeah kinda :lol:

Bumble

First Grade
well anz stadium offered them a better deal and rabbitohs supporters are all over the sydney metro area and sydney olympic park is more in the middle of the sydney metro area and easier to get to. they have over 30,000 members. they know what theyre doing!!!

I agree from a business standpoint and I have no qualms trekking out from Mascot to go to ANZ but a lot of people simply can't be bothered! Our average would be better for sure if we still played at Allianz - but not worth the financial sacrifice.

alien

Referee
I agree from a business standpoint and I have no qualms trekking out from Mascot to go to ANZ but a lot of people simply can't be bothered! Our average would be better for sure if we still played at Allianz - but not worth the financial sacrifice.

i'm just curious, how long did the travel take you, one way??? i travelled from the campbelltown area and its quite easy to get to anz stadium from there, by train

CC_Roosters

First Grade
I defend our crowds when we turn up and don't get credit for it but last night our fans were missing in action big time. We had 15k at most which is very disappointing and I know we have more than that who attend games which is frustrating.

Overall crowd gets a pass mark (barely) and I hope tonight eclipses it. Surely Penrith will bring more than we did last night and the bulldogs something similar to souths numbers.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal

BlueandGold

Juniors
I defend our crowds when we turn up and don't get credit for it but last night our fans were missing in action big time. We had 15k at most which is very disappointing and I know we have more than that who attend games which is frustrating.

Overall crowd gets a pass mark (barely) and I hope tonight eclipses it. Surely Penrith will bring more than we did last night and the bulldogs something similar to souths numbers.

CC rooster i was at the game and yeah max 15k roosters, 5 k neutrals 30k Souths fans.

j5o6hn

Juniors
I see in the SMH today in comments some one I assume an AFL fan, was saying AFL ratings are up 20% in Sydney,I kinda follow ratings for AFL looked the same to me as usual bad.
He also had a bit about the old getting set top boxex so they could watch AFL though only 2 maybe that was the 20%

DIOGENES

Juniors
I see in the SMH today in comments some one I assume an AFL fan, was saying AFL ratings are up 20% in Sydney,I kinda follow ratings for AFL looked the same to me as usual bad.
He also had a bit about the old getting set top boxex so they could watch AFL though only 2 maybe that was the 20%

20% of 50k is 10k - this could well be the case (i have no idea if it is) but it is a statistically insignificant part of the Sydney population. AFL remains a cult.

Delboy

First Grade
I have lived in the Hills District all my life, and don't know anyone who eat he's AFL on TV or have gone to more than x1 game ( they haven't paid, corporate tickets)

Just my observation, then again it's popular around Oxford Street :)

hutch

First Grade
I sat in the northern part of anz last night with the roosters fans to my right. I think a few people are giving them a hard time on here. Sure, they were outnumbered by souths fans but that was to be expected. They didn't stop cheering and singing all game and adds to a great atmosphere. I was pretty impressed!

Latest posts