What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd Watch, Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Undoubtedly, the game should always be the centrepiece. But it's also got to be a major event.

The NRL is using the same model as what the NSWRL were doing in the 80s. But now we do it at night time and charge a lot more for it (even taking CPI into account).

I understand that mate - But it seems, for some of the posters here, that the halftime entertainment is the main attraction, not the game.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I'm only going because I won tickets. There was no way I was going to pay the exorbitant ticket prices without my team in the running.

Diesel

Referee
if they're serious about crowd numbers up then they have to realise $350 for a ticket is ridiculous.

Being the GF I understand they charge more but not $350

For $350 for a ticket to watch the GF, I don't want to be forced to listen to Maubouy or Ricky Martin, what happen to upcoming or established Australian bands playing iconic Australian music?? I'm sure I'm not alone

Last edited:

Dragons01

First Grade
Still Diamond, Platinum, Gold and Silver seats available. Silver seats are $165 each.

Whatever way you look at it or whatever you blame it on, something is very wrong when the prime game of the season is not sold out two days before especially with two Sydney teams competing.

bor

Juniors
When I see an empty seat on Sunday, I'll think to myself - I hope that was a seat bought by a souffs fan who couldn't sell their ticket. I will then have a hearty lol@souffs

SLRBRONCOS

Referee
When I see an empty seat on Sunday, I'll think to myself - I hope that was a seat bought by a souffs fan who couldn't sell their ticket. I will then have a hearty lol@souffs

Surely those who cant sell them will go.. If they don't they are pathetic. Go to a Grand Final or let the $160+ ticket go to waste.

Last edited:

SaraSassypants

Juniors
Can still get Diamond 108-1 (Halfway line) tickets and Platinum 112-1 tickets on ticketek. These are the best seats in the house for their respective sections. Where are all the Rooster/Sea Eagles fans? Sorry but that's a joke.

bor

Juniors
Can still get Diamond 108-1 (Halfway line) tickets and Platinum 112-1 tickets on ticketek. These are the best seats in the house for their respective sections. Where are all the Rooster/Sea Eagles fans? Sorry but that's a joke.

They've bought their tickets. Its the neutrals being put off by the steep rise in ticket prices.

firechild

First Grade
Manly fans filled ANZ in 2007/08 and had about 60% of the seats in 2011. 2 reasons why they aren't flocking this time are a) the prices are shocking compared to what we've paid in the past and b) many of us have seen our team win a grand final or 2 live recently. The 2 in combination don't make selling tickets easy. Seeing my team win a grand final live was on my bucket list. I've done it. I'd love to see it more times but I just can't justify the prices for seats so far from the action and I certainly couldn't justify several hundred dollars for good seats. Instead, I'll be going out to have a feed and a few beers where I can watch the game in comfort from a better viewing position and surrounded by vocal Manly fans.

The NRL could rig it so that Souffs play Cronulla next year and fans will be flocking for tickets but thankfully this is not the AFL and we must settle for the 2 best teams in the comp battling it out on grand final day.

morley101

Juniors
NRL spokesman on 4pm 2gb news said there are a few hundred seats left and Sunday's game is certain to be a sellout.

Card Shark

Immortal
The NRL could rig it so that Souffs play Cronulla next year and fans will be flocking for tickets but thankfully this is not the AFL and we must settle for the 2 best teams in the comp battling it out on grand final day.

Give this man Greenturds job - let it happen!!!! :)

t-ba

Post Whore
Can't make it.

Broke my ankle yesterday and am now stuck in shitty Jakarta.

Devo. It'll be the first Manly GF I've missed since I was born.

Garts

Bench
From people I have spoken to the high price is the main reason for people not attending. This is for both Manly and neutrals. I considered not going due to the price but in the end I could not help myself and would be very pissed off if we won and I was not in the crowd. I have no doubt that if Souths were in the GF it would have sold out but that is purely due to the fact they have not played on this day for over 4 decades. I for one hope it does not sell out and they have to look at their prices again. A 100% increase in 1 year is very poor form.

Dragons01

First Grade
From people I have spoken to the high price is the main reason for people not attending. This is for both Manly and neutrals. I considered not going due to the price but in the end I could not help myself and would be very pissed off if we won and I was not in the crowd. I have no doubt that if Souths were in the GF it would have sold out but that is purely due to the fact they have not played on this day for over 4 decades. I for one hope it does not sell out and they have to look at their prices again. A 100% increase in 1 year is very poor form.

I agree, I think it is a combination of Manly making the GF on a consistant basis and the price hike. I also think Roosters fans can be pretty lethargic, I know in 2010 the crowd was probably 70% Saints supporters to 30% Rooster supporters but Saints had waited such a long time to actually get there. As a neutral to this game $300 a seat is way over the top.

Garts

Bench
I agree, I think it is a combination of Manly making the GF on a consistant basis and the price hike. I also think Roosters fans can be pretty lethargic, I know in 2010 the crowd was probably 70% Saints supporters to 30% Rooster supporters but Saints had waited such a long time to actually get there. As a neutral to this game $300 a seat is way over the top.

That is definitely true. I know of one or two manly fans that have said I seen them win in 08 or 11 so I don't need to go this year. I figure who knows when it will happen again so I better go. But I cannot blame anyone for that attitude when you look at the prices. Especially if you have to buy a few of them. I am pretty sure my tickets behind the posts for 2 adults were close to $350. In 2011 around $160 for the same seats. Can tell a ex banker runs the game.

Von

Juniors
Mostly good comments on this thread about the GF, except from some angry Souffs fans.

I agree with fire child here....

Manly fans filled ANZ in 2007/08 and had about 60% of the seats in 2011. 2 reasons why they aren't flocking this time are a) the prices are shocking compared to what we've paid in the past and b) many of us have seen our team win a grand final or 2 live recently. The 2 in combination don't make selling tickets easy. Seeing my team win a grand final live was on my bucket list. I've done it. I'd love to see it more times but I just can't justify the prices for seats so far from the action and I certainly couldn't justify several hundred dollars for good seats. Instead, I'll be going out to have a feed and a few beers where I can watch the game in comfort from a better viewing position and surrounded by vocal Manly fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.