What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

noticed the crowd figures for cowboys game - 9025

i can't remember the sharks pulling crowds under 5 figures since a rainy sat nite in the early 90's

Inferno

Coach
given the lead up to the game, If I lived in the Shire Im not sure if I would have gone either. Full credit to those that turned up though.

gavin_miller

Juniors
despite the bad form, why didnt the club make a big deal about the game... hype it up...premiership faves against our boys etc etc

Feej

First Grade
gavin_miller said:
despite the bad form, why didnt the club make a big deal about the game... hype it up...premiership faves against our boys etc etc
Ummmmmmmmmmm........

Inferno

Coach
perhaps they thought we would get a shellacking and didn't want to scare fans off for the rest of the year?

BWNB

First Grade
Inferno said:
given the lead up to the game, If I lived in the Shire Im not sure if I would have gone either. Full credit to those that turned up though.

Was pretty good, in the last 15 mins when we got up the crowd come alive and 9,500 actaully seemed like 14000

Well I have a few mates with kiddies and they all said, if the Hulle Dooleys (or what vere they're called) had been there on a Sunday arvo then they would have brought their kids down.

7.00pm ? Thats way past beddies time.

gavin_miller

Juniors
Feej said:
Ummmmmmmmmmm........

hehe...I guess I meant to say, if i was working for the club or was worried about gate takings etc etc I would have made more of a deal about the premiership faves coming to play the local boys...I didnt see any of the local posters and billboards etc this week like I usually do for a home game...

beekershark

Bench
The 9025 posted seemed a little, nah, waaay optimistic.

But the next home gate will be in excess of 23,000 when the pricks from up the road come to play us.

Aries

Bench
Genius Freak said:
Yep, everyone who piked tonight, hang your heads in shame.

nice to see you back GF...ppl were asking where you were a couple of days ago, when I pointed them to "THAT" article... after ghoti got threatened with legal action. Hope it didn't destroy a promising carreer mate!

Mr. Shark

Juniors
Bugger..missed my first home game in yonks- just got back from taking the kids to the Brumbies v Hurricanes game in Canberra. A great night- capped off by hearing of our win against the Cowboys. How did we get the points? I'll have to watch the Fox replay I guess - the comments on here appear slighty influenced by some form substance abuse. Or maybe its just that winners are grinners.

tlk

Bench
well it was good to see that even though there werent many of us at stages we were very vocal......
i expect many more next home game

JimSeeFanClub

Juniors
Bastard_Squad said:
Well I have a few mates with kiddies and they all said, if the Hulle Dooleys (or what vere they're called) had been there on a Sunday arvo then they would have brought their kids down.

Well I know a few people who will not turn up if it means having to sit through another half time performance by the Hooley f**kin Dooleys. Your mates are lucky. Even accepting that they are entertainmnet for 3 year olds, apart from when the sound was not working, they were painful. Then again I may just be becoming a grouch in my old age.

The crowd was disappointing, but from the Peter Burns Stand it sounded like way more than 9000 people when the final whistle went. Too bad for those who could not get there. Foxtel can't give you that moment, or a heartfelt rendition of "Up Up Cronulla".

sharkadelic

Juniors
I made as much noise as I could in my local.

I expect alot of people, like myself were expecting a 46 point drubbing...

missbelinda77

Juniors
It certainly didn't look like a crowd of 9000, however I think we cheered louder than we have for the last 2 seasons.

To me, it felt like winning a grand final (I can only imagine). It was a much better feeling leaving the ground last night, then leaving Campbelltown last week listening to cocky Tigers fans rubbing it in.

Latest posts