What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

Tigerm

Coach
I reckon this is just more fabricated garbage from the media, like the supposed Ilias/Hastings swap earlier this week.

Ben Hunt always talks about leaving this time of year, but he never does anything about it.
It was to as a replacement for Lomax?

I can just picture Adam running out for his first game in the red, V happy, all enthused after a strong pre season.

Then he suddenly strains a calf muscle, breaks into a hobble and is helped by trainers off the park.

X-rays done and it’s a thyroidal fetlock ligament and he’s gone for 12 weeks.

He’s had it tougher than most. At his best, strike, but that’s elusive.

He’s a solid and nice young man. If he goes to Saints, it’s with my blessing and best, except when we play them!

Tigerm

Coach
I can just picture Adam running out for his first game in the red, V happy, all enthused after a strong pre season.

Then he suddenly strains a calf muscle, breaks into a hobble and is helped by trainers off the park.

X-rays done and it’s a thyroidal fetlock ligament and he’s gone for 12 weeks.

He’s had it tougher than most. At his best, strike, but that’s elusive.

He’s a solid and nice young man. If he goes to Saints, it’s with my blessing and best, except when we play them!
At least he will be wanted there.
I don’t wish him ill, I just wish he wasn’t here.

Nutz

Bench

Imploding.
@macnaz
Stuff like this isn't really a recruitment rumours thread. The 'other rugby NRL stuff' should be deleted from the title imo as it becomes a dumping ground.
Anyway, with regards to drugs, there's too much of this crap happening atm. Both the NRL, RLPA and law enforcement need to stamp these so called role models out of the game... reregister them and show some backbone. No more slaps on the wrist.
There's no place in society for these entitled dumbness.
Take Lachlan Galvin for eg...he stated he doesn't even drink alcohol let alone do drugs.
Now that's a role model.
I'm not saying drinking grog is bad, I enjoy a beer but it's how you use it and what you do as a result of being intoxicated or under the influence of some other substance.
It's easy, illegal stuff is a no go and act like a law-abiding citizen.

@macnaz
Stuff like this isn't really a recruitment rumours thread. The 'other rugby NRL stuff' should be deleted from the title imo as it becomes a dumping ground.
Anyway, with regards to drugs, there's too much of this crap happening atm. Both the NRL, RLPA and law enforcement need to stamp these so called role models out of the game... reregister them and show some backbone. No more slaps on the wrist.
Take Lachlan Galvin for eg...he stated he doesn't even drink alcohol let alone do drugs.
Now that's a role model.
I'm not saying drinking grog is bad, I enjoy a beer but it's how you use it and what you do as a result of being intoxicated or under the influence of some other substance.
Have to wait until we know the facts, but it’s pretty dangerous to be adversely effected by any kind of drug, legal or not, whilst driving.

I think this one extends beyond the game and there’s a case for better education and more engaging punishments.

One of the ideas is to base penalties on income. Rich elite NRL players scoff at fines the rest of us would struggle with and they have ample resources to get around if they get suspended.

What they don’t like is to be told what to do. So maybe intensive weekend courses spread across several months would help.

But as you say, it’s rife in the nrl as many players are bone stupid.

I like the news here @macnaz - go to threads are generally good.

WA Tiger

Bench
@macnaz
Now that's a role model.
I see no evidence of this being a dumping ground. What heading would you create for this one then ..? Im sure you’d think of something. The problem is having to scroll down pages of headings trying to find it when needed, because of its infrequency and your million other categories.

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
I see no evidence of this being a dumping ground. What heading would you create for this one then ..? Im sure you’d think of something. The problem is having to scroll down pages of headings trying to find it when needed, because of its infrequency and your million other categories.
I dont expect a reply as I know you find it a bit difficult like one or two others, with opinions that differ from your own that are thrown up.. usually resulting in either a piston blown or silence as the only options. Thankfully not my reality in general esp not with league chat

Last edited:

Latest posts