What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowd

Paullyboy

Coach
Ive got a real bad feeling the league is going to look real bad with the crowd this saturday, I reckon it will struggle to hit 10,000 which is terrible news considering its second week of finals

hrundi99

First Grade
For what it's worth, the general admission tickets I bought at lunch today are numbered 8817, 8818 and 8819.

tank

Juniors
i guess the nrl realises this hence the 2 for 1 deals. pretty disappointing if they dont get a crowd tho. aussie stadium is the best league venue apart from suncorp, and i reckon the game will be fantastic.

bucko

Juniors
I think in this situation, where two non-Sydney teams are playing in an NRL final, it should be played at one of the teams home grounds. This should be true for every thing up to the prelims i think. More fans would go to the game anyway.

ozbash

Referee
have no fear,, the kiwis will make you look good

there will be AT LEAST 10k kiwi fans there, thanks to mr watson and vodaphone.. :lol:

jed

First Grade
Just like a kiwi - comes out here, takes advantage of Aussie hospitality and weather, takes our jobs, and after all that, the only way they can raise a crowd is to have someone actually PAY for you to go to the game. And it's not a one-off, they pulled the same stunt last year.

Ah, rent a crowd, how wonderful.

GreenGuy

In the afl sydney has a home preliminary final. They seem to be 1 step ahead of us in the finals system...

bayrep

Juniors
jed said:
Just like a kiwi - comes out here, takes advantage of Aussie hospitality and weather, takes our jobs, and after all that, the only way they can raise a crowd is to have someone actually PAY for you to go to the game. And it's not a one-off, they pulled the same stunt last year.

If your club cared enough about the fans and brought you a freebie ticket I wouldnt see you saying no to that. If anything it shows what the club thinks of its fans and if you want to get up tight about it then thats your problem.

jed

First Grade
bayrep said:
If your club cared enough about the fans and brought you a freebie ticket I wouldnt see you saying no to that. If anything it shows what the club thinks of its fans and if you want to get up tight about it then thats your problem.

Free tickets are always given away by clubs and sponsors, that's just a part of sport these days, however this usually involves only a few hundred tickets. What I was referring to is the fact that 10,000 tickets are being given away to a Semi-final. While I don't doubt the commitment of true Warriors fans in both NZ or Oz, I find it astounding that a stunt such as this should be necessary.

Not all clubs are paranoid about their levels of patronage, and thus do not feel the need to "bribe" a fanbase.

bayrep

Juniors
jed said:
bayrep said:

Free tickets are always given away by clubs and sponsors, that's just a part of sport these days, however this usually involves only a few hundred tickets. What I was referring to is the fact that 10,000 tickets are being given away to a Semi-final. While I don't doubt the commitment of true Warriors fans in both NZ or Oz, I find it astounding that a stunt such as this should be necessary.

Not all clubs are paranoid about their levels of patronage, and thus do not feel the need to "bribe" a fanbase.

I dont think the Warriors are paranoid about their fan base at all. Because the Warriors have made the finals you would have got every Warrior supporter who could afford it going to the game anyway. This just means that the Warriors will pull in the people that could not afford it as well as the supporters that were on the fringe of deciding to go or not. There is nothing to say either that a kiwi doesnt get tickets for his Aus mates (Which will happen). It also reflects the great attatuide the Warriors club has for its fans. Its not always about money and image its about just being a league fan.

I think it would have been a more rent a crowd if the owners had been giving away 10k of tickets in the general season, the fact that they are willing to do it in a semi final is fantastic.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
jed said:
Just like a kiwi - comes out here, takes advantage of Aussie hospitality and weather, takes our jobs
If we take your jobs, its only because we're better at them than you are.

hrundi99

First Grade
SpaceMonkey said:
jed said:
Just like a kiwi - comes out here, takes advantage of Aussie hospitality and weather, takes our jobs
If we take your jobs, its only because we're better at them than you are.

That's funny.

No, really.

:lol: :lol: :twisted: :lol: :lol:

blownaway.jpg

ANTiLAG

First Grade
So first youre compalinign the crowds wont hit 10,000. THen youre pissed off cos now 10,000+ will be warriors fans.

Dont blame us for having an exerberant (sp) owner who is fan of not only the team, but a fan of the fans.

Why is it a stunt? Seems like clever business. Im gutted about the planes not being allowed to go in and out, else I'd be going to the game ;/

greeneyed

First Grade
jed said:

Ummmm... they are not taking our jobs... they are taking our unemployment benefits!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Ultima

Juniors
You guys do know they can't do that anymore right? People from NZ can't just move over here and get the dole....

Latest posts