What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crowds this weekend...

ouwet

Bench
I bought a few tickets for the DOgs V Eels game and the PAX number was around the 12,000 mark... So i'm guessing their is still 8-9 thousand tickets left.

RABK

Referee
Knights vs Manly is going to be a sell out. 1,000's of tickets pre sold and with it been a kids free day they are expecting 26,000 on Sunday. :clap:

I'll be there! :D

MrSharky

Juniors
I'll be @ Aussie cheering on the Mighty Black White n Blue... :D

Last year there was a crowd of ~12,000 for the corresponding fixture, so I'd still expect more than 10k to turn up...

:cool:

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Knights will be a sell out according to SMH:

NRL sellout for cellar-dweller Newcastle
August 9, 2005 - 6:24PM

Everyone loves a winner - or in the case of Newcastle's rabid rugby league fans, a wooden spoon contender.

Despite the dead-last Knights being short-priced favourites to collect the NRL club's first wooden spoon, a ground record of 26,000 has been predicted for Newcastle's clash against sixth-placed Manly on Sunday.

Newcastle chief executive Ken Conway said the Knights looked set to host their first sell-out crowd at the redeveloped EnergyAustralia Stadium after unprecedented sales.

It is an impressive effort considering Newcastle has only won five games all season and began 2005 with 13 straight losses.

Despite its horror season run, Newcastle still averages 17,243 a game - sixth overall in the league ahead of top eight teams Parramatta, Cronulla, Manly, Melbourne and St George Illawarra.

Conway said Newcastle was buzzing after fit-again star halfback Andrew Johns had led the Knights to five wins in their last seven games, including a last round upset over defending premiers the Bulldogs.

ng as our biggest home crowd this year," Conway said.

"One of the things that we are very lucky to have in Newcastle is that our fans are educated.

"They knew we had a quality squad at the start of the year, they knew we were very wounded.

"They stayed loyal in the hope that we would get a quality team back on the park before the year ended, and that's happened.

"And now our team has started to reward our fans' loyalty over the last five to six weeks."

Former Kiwi international prop Craig Smith, who came out of retirement this year to help the injury-ravaged Knights, said he had not seen support like it in his 10-year first grade career.

"I've never been to a place where you've lost 13 in a row and there's 20,000 bums on seats every week - we'd like to go out there and put on a decent show for them," he said.

The Knights have been bolstered by the return of former Test centre Matt Gidley (groin) and could add his brother, pivot Kurt, who is also battling a groin injury.

"Kurt would have to convince us that he's close to 90 or 100 per cent and then we will see what we can sort out assuming Matt Gidley is right to go as well - we will certainly use him if we need to," coach Michael Hagan said.

"We are still hopeful Matt Gidley will get back on the field this week.

(Prop) Josh Perry (groin) is still in some doubt, we will give him the benefit of the week to get him right.

"It's such an important game for us, we want our best players on the field."

Hagan has named Adam Woolnough on the bench on standby for Perry while Matt White is also on a six-man bench "as insurance" for Clint Newton who fronts the NRL judiciary on Wednesday night for a grade one dangerous throw charge.

But there are no concerns over the fitness of injury-plagued Johns.

Newcastle club doctor Neil Halpin said he had no problem with Johns extending his season by linking with English club Warrington for up to six games before chiming into Australia's Tri-Nations campaign.

"I think it is the fittest I have ever seen Andrew. What can you say about his form, he is going through an Indian summer," he said.

"I don't want to jinx him but he is looking very fit, looking very well and very motivated."

© 2005 AAP

MightySharks said:
Yes mate and Matt Orford will play for the Storm next year.

Don't you mean "YES mate and Crounulla will not win the premiership this year*

YOU ARE A DEADSET MORON, and it show your ignorance to promoting Rugby league in Melbourne

Do you think it should be the NSWRL agian?

Let close all the clubs that are started after 1968 and we will see how you feel

Saint Doc

Coach
Pretty exciting, we could have Parramtta Stadium, Campbelltown Stadium, Energy Australia Stadium, and Suncorp Stadium all sold out this week.

Great stuff.

Surandy

Bench
MrSharky said:
I'll be @ Aussie cheering on the Mighty Black White n Blue... :D

Last year there was a crowd of ~12,000 for the corresponding fixture, so I'd still expect more than 10k to turn up...

12k for two Sydney teams?!? Gee, what a great crowd. :roll:

I suppose it'll be coz the Sharks "supporters" know that they've won their last game of the season and that they won't make the finals, again.

Surandy

Bench
MightySharks said:
Kiwis will be watchion the union.

What union game? The only one I know of isn't on telly til 10:30pm and that's the Bledisloe Cup.

Melbourne Storm vs New Zealand Warriors game starts at 5:30pm. Plenty of time to go to the game then go to the pub, or home, and watch the game.

DIEHARD

----
broncoselout.jpg

WOOHOO!!!

Bring in the emoticons! \\\\:D/ :thumb

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Dogs Eels (20-22k)
Knights Manly (26-27k)
Tiges Cows (21-22k)
Broncos Drags (45-50k)
should all go painfully close to selling out.
Raiders Rabs, Storm Warriors will be the let downs (10k)
Roosters Sharks should nab 13-14k, maybe a bit more.

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
suncorp will be sold out-50k
parra wil be sold out-21k
cambelltown will be sold out-18k
energy aust will be sold out- 26k
melb will have-12k
syd will have-12k
raiders will have-11k

Jobdog

Live Update Team
Just thought I'd refresh MightySharks memory on this particular subject.

Jobdog said:
Knights V Sea Eagles - 23,000

MightySharks said:
Are you bringing your extended family?:roll:

Nah as it turns out, I'm going to be off the mark as well, but not quite as far off the mark as MightySharks was when they said the Knights would get 15,000 :lol:

TheEelsFanatic said:
energy aust will be sold out- 26k

Dodger said:
Knights Manly (26-27k)

:cool: :D

Mr. Fahrenheit

Referee
next year the NRL has to seriously consider providing funds for upgrading stadtiums such as WIN, Shark Park, Parra, Cambeltown, Leichardt, Dairy Farmers, because these saiums could consistenly fite more people in if their team is doing well, currently parra, and tigers and dragons are having sold out games, and the cowboys have been having sell-outs for a while now

Raider_69

Post Whore
the raiders game will be pretty ordinary. 12 at the most IMO
depending on how many south sydney fans make the trek down the hume

Latest posts