What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crownies the spin doctoring king

Coffs dragon

Bench
Yeah heard the master of spin and the usual jargon. Doustys favourite two words are strategic planning. The supporters two favourite words are ... F.ck Off

BankstownDragon

Juniors
Basically Doust is blaming all of his and the boards short comings as just a failure to properly explain and communicate the complexities of running a football club, to fans that just don't get it.

And going forward he will commit to better communicating with the fans, as long as we as fans listen and understand the detail of it.

Soo f**kin condescending and arrogant as there was no admission of fault on their part, just pure spin from the master of smoke and mirrors.

dragonrickjs

Juniors
Who gives a f$@k if we are a developing club who has produced 71 players! if they aren't playing for us and if we can't keep the pick of the 71 players we have produced.... That just tells me this goose isn't doing his job... Surprise surprise!! What a ducking idiot this bloke is!! Yeah let's keep being a developing club for the other 15 clubs while we stay at the bottom!!

hillbillyserb

Juniors
doust and puppets will not move away from the teet from which they suck on.
They will continue the spin story for as long as it takes.
As much as it pains me to say and knowing some will think its sacrilege, in the end the only way we may able to bring this to a head is to boycott the games as supporters in an open and visible fashion.

possm

Coach
Who gives a f$@k if we are a developing club who has produced 71 players! if they aren't playing for us and if we can't keep the pick of the 71 players we have produced.... That just tells me this goose isn't doing his job... Surprise surprise!! What a ducking idiot this bloke is!! Yeah let's keep being a developing club for the other 15 clubs while we stay at the bottom!!

How about we contract our juniors for the longer term, with consideration for the junior player being a rugby league sponsorship/scholarship and consideration for the Dragons being, the cost of development plus 100% payable by the buying Club.

In this way the demand for our players would diminish and recovery of costs would be more than covered.

Last edited:

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree 100%..this made my blood boil....Yes that's exactly why we let Morris and Merrin go.....honestly..look at Penrith and their plans in building the Retirement villages , getting 3rd party sponsors...etc...maybe if you were doing your job we would have more sponsors so that we can keep the best of our juniors.

BankstownDragon

Juniors
How about we contract our juniors for the longer term, with consideration for the junior player being a rugby league sponsorship/scholarship and consideration for the Dragons being, the cost of development plus 100% payable by the buying Club.

In this way the demand for our players would diminish and recovery of costs would be more than covered.

Possm,

100% agree and have we have been crying out for something like this.

This would take someone with some sort of vision, which we clearly do not have.

But surely if this was put to the spinner, Doust would kindly explain to us that we don't understand the limitations involved in such a task.

And further to this, Doust has stated that we are a development club and the NRL is aware and needs us to be a development club. Surely somehow this could be used as a bargaining tool to negotiate with, rather than a reason to borrow more from the NRL.

RedVDragon

Juniors
Hear his shit for years now. Governance my arse. Why doesn't he talk about accountability, he obviously doesn't hold himself accountable for the poor financial position our club is in. Why has Gould changed the financial position of the panthers. Bottom line is Wayne Bennett won us a premiership and made us competitive a team to be respected not Doust. Since Doust was appointed all we have heard is board room bullshit which other CEOs look for media attention like out drunken CEO. We talk about change it's simple Doust is the one that needs to go. Once this is achieved the rest of the changes will follow.

saintjeff

Juniors
Why take the dogs game to ANZ keep it at kogarah we will have more of the crowd .Now we take it to their ground,giving those pups an advantage.
D.oust selling his behind .give the dirty dogs ZERO.DOUST should be a politician

God-King Dean

Immortal
10 minutes of complete dribble.

Good to see he is feeling the heat though. Went out of his way to do 2 interviews in 3 days.

wayne57

Juniors
He also commented how well we went last year with our nyc team and have retain 9 of them players, it is a pity the interviewer did not ask him to explain if that was the case how come this year that they no wins in three starts beaten 34-8, 50-26 and 60-10, with for and against of -100. I am sure he put a spin on that to.

Last edited:

Saintjim

Juniors
Paul Kent was getting frustrated listening to him not answer questions
And pretty much gave up what hope do we have

Owen Da Saints

Juniors
Agree 100%..this made my blood boil....Yes that's exactly why we let Morris and Merrin go.....honestly..look at Penrith and their plans in building the Retirement villages , getting 3rd party sponsors...etc...maybe if you were doing your job we would have more sponsors so that we can keep the best of our juniors.

Not a problem !
We have Sizzler !
Crisis over !

gonz

Juniors
He also commented how well we went last year with our nyc team and have retain 9 of them players, it is a pity the interviewer did not ask him to explain if that was the case how come this year that they no wins in three starts beaten 34-8, 50-26 and 60-10, with for and against of -100. I am sure he put a spin on that to.

He also pitches a tent saying saints have 71 players making the nrl stronger !!!

Yep b proud U clown that were shite but other clubs stronger cause of u

Slippery Morris

First Grade
71 players making the NRL stronger? only problem with that statement is all the good players bar Creagh/Nighty play for other clubs. That statement would pi$$ us off more Saints supporters than anything. Thanks for allowing Dogs, Panthers, Knights, Sharks, Etc to strengthen their sides with Saints players whilst Saints weaken theirs with rejects. (Apart from Dugan, Thompson, Widdop and Marshall). WOW what a Fu$%ed thing to say.

It amazes me with his complete arrogance, how they let half these stars go knowing how any of the then current first graders set to retire within the space of three years of one an other ie coops, gaz, Hornby, young to name a few an we let go how many suitable junior replacements other clubs are now reaping the rewards still kills me see dean wheare tearing the competition apart what could have been

Saintsified

Bench
He is a spin king no doubt but he also makes sense, when i take my fan cap off and put my business hat on he is 100% correct...unfortunately St George whilst it may be a business its also influenced by fans and fans demand success ALWAYS.