What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crueled by injuries

~Z~

Juniors
damn thats dissapointing about Davico, as with Mullen, but im still confident, providing the boys can handle it in defence for a full 80. I dont see manly letting up no matter what the scoreline.

strewth_mate

Bench
Although, I will ask you...who was training at 5/8 - Kidley or Bailey?

Kidley did seem to have his hands on the ball a fair bit, but don't read too much into that (besides, I wasn't watching because I was hard at work... ;-))

CJKnight

Juniors
All of our 3 strating second-rowers have a fair bit of size about them. I am sure that with Smith and Davico out, they will put it on themselves to take the ball up a bit more. I would still put Royal or Tolar on the bench though. But Simpson could easily slot into a prop's role.

Bench:
Tanner
Lowrie
Bailey
Abraham

That is a pretty small bench compared to Manly's. But:
1. Bailey and Abes could sub for Reyno and Simmo early.

2. Then Simmo move into prop for Perry (who is almost a 60min Prop himself)

3. Woolnough, Reyno and another Second-Rower could interchange for the other Prop's position.

We could end up with a Second-Row lineup of Tanner, Bailey, and Lowrie. While our other 3 are working their arses off playing a props role. Hopefully all those second-rowers will strengthen our defence though. Just some thoughts...

The key is never having either prop and Simmo off at any one time.

Jono078

Referee
Well if anything, we could look at Parramatta last Friday and see how they done it without many front rowers..

Im still hoping for a win, but it will be tougher unless we can run around Manly, make them a bit tired since some of them are lacking a bit of fitness.

Bicey_18

Bench
Exactly... take a leaf from Parramatta's performance last week...

They had a bench of

Marsh, Widders, Cordoba and Delaney

But the confidence and enthusiasm from the previous 6 wins in a row lifted them and playing a side who was coming off 3 losses... it was going to be a confidence issue.. they backed themselves did Parra and were too good.

Newcastle have 3 wins in a row playing a side coming off a bye and a loss... I rate our chances highly tonight... the confidence levels are getting higher and joey is peaking at the right time...

CARN NEWY!!

cram

Bench
Joey needs to be protected with the kicks...kick early in the tackle count, turn the Manly forwards around and have a big kick chase and we can wear them down...

Jono078

Referee
cram said:
Joey needs to be protected with the kicks...kick early in the tackle count, turn the Manly forwards around and have a big kick chase and we can wear them down...

With that gameplan, its great to have Kidley back, he just chases and tackles anything :D

Latest posts