What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The ‘Anything and Everything’ Thread

dinghydi

Juniors
I don't know how you blokes can stomach living in Queensland. I'm up in Caloundra for a holiday at the moment, was wearing a sharks T-Shirt in woolies and some yokel began giving me stick about Shaun Johnson!

The kicker is the prick was wearing a tigers jersey!
You were Lucky!! I was running around Coles the other day when I spied a naked man going up and down the Isles! Shocked, I said to him, "Why are you running around Coles with Nought on?!!" He stopped,looked around astounded, and said, "Oh no, I thought I were in Woolies!!!"

coolumsharkie

Referee
I don't know how you blokes can stomach living in Queensland. I'm up in Caloundra for a holiday at the moment, was wearing a sharks T-Shirt in woolies and some yokel began giving me stick about Shaun Johnson!

The kicker is the prick was wearing a tigers jersey!
Yeah, we just put up with it. Best to try another holiday location next time and at least you won't have random bogan dickwads pretending to be witty when you get back to Sydney.

Quigs

Immortal
gee some parents must want their kids to go through life traveling the hard road.

Who the fur huck would name their son De La Salle ?

The rorters big young 19 year old blockhead Va'a has been burdened with such a pox.

Cruel world fo'sure.

De La Salle is an old Shire Catholic boys High School and heavily involved in junior grade NRL teams and have a good record when it comes to winning local comps

coolumsharkie

Referee
Just got my electricity bill in for the month, 3 times the usual price. Asked why it was so high? Response was an over estimation. f**k you (politely) I'm not paying that. Response was nothing we can do (SUMO) We just get the reading from Energex and bill you accordingly. No I want some clarity as to why my bill was ridiculously over est? Response was nothing we can do we will adjust it via future readings on your account. So you're just ripping me off and saying you'll fix it later after I pay it? Response was nothing we can do.

Rang Qld electricity ombudsman and they said to me that this is dodgy business and have sent them 5 days to respond.

Keep you'se posted.

Big Bloke

Juniors
That’s crazy mate, these places are a law unto themselves.

I had an experience the other day with MLC Investments that my mother has money in. My brother and I have Power of Attorney and Enduring guardianship. We rang them last week to make a partial withdrawal to help pay some of her aged care fees. We did this back in 2022 to help set her up in her current nursing home.

Now they tell us it can’t be done over the phone and you now have to fill in a 7 page document, attach all the ID under the sun and then you can only post it off to them rather than email.

It’s all designed to make it as hard as possible to get hold of the money so they can keep it longer and make more money out of it, it’s bloody criminal.

coolumsharkie

Referee

I had an experience the other day with MLC Investments that my mother has money in. My brother and I have Power of Attorney and Enduring guardianship. We rang them last week to make a partial withdrawal to help pay some of her aged care fees. We did this back in 2022 to help set her up in her current nursing home.

Now they tell us it can’t be done over the phone and you now have to fill in a 7 page document, attach all the ID under the sun and then you can only post it off to them rather than email.

It’s all designed to make it as hard as possible to get hold of the money so they can keep it longer and make more money out of it, it’s bloody criminal.

Exactly designed that way. Just jump through the hoops and then go out of your way to discredit them after the fact, totally worth it.

Billing me this on the premise that people don't/won't do anything about it through laziness and the $1k Gov handout. Not this kid though, it's just a blatant rip and they know it.

dinghydi

Juniors

Jeez Thats Hilarious , My Dads Lawyer set up POA and Enduring etc.... Set up over the phone only Speaking to My Partially deaf father ,too proud to ask if he misunderstood . NO attempt to speak to me . Its Criminal ? ... Absolutely , The attorney ,after Baiting me saying anything I had to say was irrelevant ,Also said well Ill never admit that in court ! As in she was admitting to lying under oath . Something wrong with the system !

Latest posts