What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

cry me a river

Titanic

First Grade
There can be little doubt that our club is totally stuffed … we can't win with a team which on paper should at least be competitive. We can't get rid of an over-rated, under-performing coach who would have been gone at any other club years ago and we are owned by an ego-centric manipulator who somehow sees himself as a rugby eagle visionary rather than the pie-in-the-sky charlatan that most Coast residents believe him to be.

However, we only have ourselves to blame. The public outcry over the state of our club is nothing short of underwhelming. I can remember more energy being generated over who will manage the chook raffles at the Burleigh Bears nearly 50 years ago than the apathy that currently has invaded the Coast rugby league community.

Rise for Alex; a very worthy cause … Malaise for Michael; representative of our fans' attitude to our club's predicament.

May I humbly suggest that we need a strategy to snap everybody out of their lethargy, and here it is:

1. Re-deploy Cartwright as gate keeper. This is the guy who said "I won't wait to be tapped on the shoulder" but who this week said "I will only go when the Board sacks me" … could be tomorrow in fact. The club can't afford to pay him out so use his strong-arm tactics where they serve best.

2. Engage Henry as fill-in coach. make the eight and he gets the gig, otherwise send him back to Meninga.

3. Disarm Searle and let the community buy their franchise back.

4. Get rid of that the other elephant in the room, our yes-man CEO.

5. Put Bird, Myles and Zillman on performance-based contracts.

Our team may perform under a different coach and regime but I am not convinced … our senior players have to be accountable, our management needs to be accountable, our Board needs to get fair-dinkum and the NRL needs to grow a pair.

End of rant.

Last edited:

some11

Referee
I still don't understand how you go from prelim to spoon in the space of a year.

Cartwright is the new Sheens, been in the job so long and on such a huge contract you can't get rid of him without paying him out/being sued.

They should try the "coaching restructuring" trick that the Tigers used but I doubt the board has the guts.

Why was David May pushed out?

Titanic

First Grade
May wouldn't toe the Searle party line … anyway today they have launched an internal review and from all reports it has some weight.