What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Clear

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Oh indeed, its s monstrous shame. If Stanley and King didn't succumb to injuries and lived up to their potential, we would likely be in a very different position...

For sh$ts and giggles, I still think King is worth the gamble. He'd come pretty cheap. He wont get anywhere near the 9 jersey at the cowboys.

BennyV

Referee
For sh$ts and giggles, I still think King is worth the gamble. He'd come pretty cheap. He wont get anywhere near the 9 jersey at the cowboys.

Would be a better option than signing Stanley, and stranger things have happened (Beau Henry lol).

V

Vasilevsky

Stanley knees are done. Surely he must face reality now. I'm not convinced King is finished. Previously his injuries were always different. That could easily be put down to simply being unlucky. Having said that, I'm not sure the game as it is now and as it will be even more next year will suit King anymore. The smaller, faster hookers are starting to dominate and should next year to an even greater extent. Not sure how that guy from the Warriors will go. He is one of, if not the biggest No.9 running around.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
Stanley knees are done. Surely he must face reality now. I'm not convinced King is finished. Previously his injuries were always different. That could easily be put down to simply being unlucky. Having said that, I'm not sure the game as it is now and as it will be even more next year will suit King anymore. The smaller, faster hookers are starting to dominate and should next year to an even greater extent. Not sure how that guy from the Warriors will go. He is one of, if not the biggest No.9 running around.

The guy from the warriors is fairly short, around 175cm, but he is around 100kg.

I still think there's a place for King somewhere. Some tough decisions need to be made regarding our spine, and it starts with the 9.
IMO, at best, Rein is a running type of hooker you only bring on in short stints. He simply doesn't have the passing ability to get our forwards to hit the right holes.

jenninga

First Grade
Funny how we used to bag players,they then leave and we want them back again.
FFS,Cameron King is still hardly on the field Sam Williams is still mediocre and poor old Kyle has broken down for good.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I agree about Kyle, but at the right price King may be ok. Or Ballin? We need a decent hooker.

Don't agree about Sam Williams, have you been watching Raiders games? I know plenty of Raiders fans and they love Sam Williams and questioning the decision to sign Sezer.

BennyV

Referee
I agree about Kyle, but at the right price King may be ok. Or Ballin? We need a decent hooker.

Don't agree about Sam Williams, have you been watching Raiders games? I know plenty of Raiders fans and they love Sam Williams and questioning the decision to sign Sezer.

If they are questioning the signing of Sezer them you'd have to question their knowledge of Rugby League. That kid is a great player - if he was playing for Souths, Roosters or Dogs he wpuld be considered a superstar half. And he perfectly compliments Austin. Great signing.

Williams, on that note, is to good too be playing reserve grade. Would have been a wonderful pickup for Titans, Eels, Panthers...poor bloke has been a victim of poor coaching his whole career, given a break he could be wonderful.

bottle

Coach
If the Faders fans reckon Williams is better than Sezer perhaps they'd consider releasing him to where old Faders go - Saints.
Or perhaps they're just f**ked in the noggin.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
I think it's more a case of sezer and Austin being similar running type halves, whereas Williams is more of an organiser. They also have Cornish.

BennyV

Referee
I think it's more a case of sezer and Austin being similar running type halves, whereas Williams is more of an organiser. They also have Cornish.

Sezer has a running game, but his strengths are more in creativity, game control and kicking. This is why he worked well with Albert Kelly (when Kelly was actually on the field!). Not too different to Williams, but I think Sam is a bit flashier...not sure about Cornish, but he had huge raps on him as a junior..

I've said a few times, Sezer is a better version of Adam Reynolds who has suffered in a poor Titans team, as well as being out of sight/out of mind when it comes to mainstream Sydney media. Behind a decent pack at Canberra with some very good outside backs and a decent halves partner, he will be hard to ignore.