What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Crystal Clear

SaintPeter

Juniors
The Benji decision was wrong and he has to go. IMO right now.
Pay him out and move on.

OK, at the time we didn't have many other options with who was available etc, etc, but time has shown that the club would have been better served grading a younger player who had potential.
I know, I know, we have tried to do this numerous times over the last ten years without much luck. The list of players we tried in the seven is long.

The lack of a genuine halfback last night and the week before was there for all to see.

Cooper Cronk and to a lesser extent Adam Reynolds surely showed the club what it is all about.

V

Vasilevsky

The Benji decision was wrong and he has to go. IMO right now.
Pay him out and move on.

OK, at the time we didn't have many other options with who was available etc, etc, but time has shown that the club would have been better served grading a younger player who had potential.
I know, I know, we have tried to do this numerous times over the last ten years without much luck. The list of players we tried in the seven is long.

The lack of a genuine halfback last night and the week before was there for all to see.

Cooper Cronk and to a lesser extent Adam Reynolds surely showed the club what it is all about.

Hmmmmm I'm in favor of paying out Widdop and keeping Benji.

hardbaby

Coach
We have left it too late to sign a half for next year. But we absolutely need to find at least one for 2017.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
We have left it too late to sign a half for next year. But we absolutely need to find at least one for 2017.

Mate that's a worry, here we are mid 2015 and your talking 2017.....sad fact is your probably right...and sadder fact is I'm not getting any younger

evil_p091280

Juniors
I think everyone needs a chill pill.
Benji has hit a rough patch, but let's not forget, 6 weeks ago he was third in the Dally M, and third in try assists.
Everyone was loving him then.
A good game vs Knights next week with a W and they will get back on track.

Get2dachopper!

Juniors
We can't afford to buy an established 7, we need to either buy a kid with potential or unearth someone in the junior ranks.

The process should have really started after we won the comp. There was no succession plan for Hornby.
I though Soward would of made a good halfback, same with Sam Williams, but Price screwed those two up, hence the hasty signing of Marshall.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Benji has hit a rough patch, but let's not forget, 6 weeks ago he was third in the Dally M, and third in try assists.

Mate I admire your support for Marshall but being third in the Daily Ms 6 weeks ago doesn't help our position on the ladder right now...I agree we cant lump our downturn on him alone but with his skill and experience 6 weeks is along time between drinks...unfortunately we cant keep waiting for these blokes to turn it around and you must admit hes been well below his best lately...having said that Widdops drop off in form has not helped Benji either...

Last edited:

hazzbeen

Bench
We had one that would not have cost anywhere what we paid for Marshall........was not given ago.....Sam Williams...........

St Georgio

Juniors
Hmmmmm I'm in favor of paying out Widdop and keeping Benji.

I agree, Benji is so far more dangerous than Widdop, I think Widdop is very overated, thats the reason Benji looks like Rocks and Diamonds. Maybe they should hire Scott Prince to teach Widdop how to compliment Benjis style of game.

saintjeff

Juniors
What one v knights and we are back on track.What does that achieve or prove ,it proves we are poor
Mary must be crazy if he thinks def is ok,halves run sideways but i dont think our outside backs can penetrate anyway.
Even Mary bunji and widdop surely can see this or can they

getsmarty

Immortal

Agree 100%...everyone wants to find a scapegoat when the whole team is below par.

Shannon Crook says what about me.

Yes he has had his injuries but he is a true number 7 who has a good kicking and passing game.

The problem is defending in the line but he won't be any worse then say a Mitchell Moses but as long as they keep two of the most over hyped halves he'll never get a chance and will leave.

After watching Marshall and Widdop I see nothing will change next year both can't play together and Mary has no idea how to make them work.

2010Dragons

Bench
Marshall & widdop must be immediately dropped to the cutters.
The team cant do any worst without them.
Then ear mark to be sacked when we have two better halves.

V Man

Juniors
Benji or Widdop are not the problem.

Forwards win matches.

The following have gone missing.

Ah mau
De Belin
Frizzel
Cooper
Thompson
Merrin

Only one that can hold his head up high is Creagh.

IMO Widdop looks frustrated and maybe he does want to head back home and Dragons wont let him go?

Who really knows.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade

Forwards win matches.

Ah mau
De Belin
Frizzel
Cooper
Thompson
Merrin

IMO Widdop looks frustrated and maybe he does want to head back home and Dragons wont let him go?

Who really knows.

Au Mau and Cooper gone missing now I know this is a wind up....:crazy:

STGI

Juniors

Forwards win matches.

Ah mau
De Belin
Frizzel
Cooper
Thompson
Merrin

Who really knows.

Yesterday will Matthews started at prop although a great defender he doesn't give much go forward. when marketo comes on although brings energy he plays in the front Row he also doesn't provide go forward. We have 6.second rowers In our side with 4 of them forced to be playing in the middle. We get dominated more often than not. Outstands me that why mark ione doesn't get picked for marketo. A player who is primarily a prop and will give some go forward.

Latest posts