What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CT: Graham to sign on for three more - CONFIRMED

Panjabi

Juniors
Aside from Weyman and Chalk, I really believe we should tie up the services of Jermaine Ale. He only managed a few games last year but one thing was evident was the times he would consistently beat the first defender.

He was top try scorer in the 2004 Undefeated Sydney Roosters side and was very high in demand before deciding to sign with the Raiders. He was also part of the Australian Schoolboys team in 2002. I believe that he could make an impression in firsts this year, once he gets the opportunity and is much more of an attacking threat than Howell and/or Mogg.

dubby

Bench
Must sign Chalk next. Why don't we here about him in the same breath as "players resigned"? If he leaves (which i think he might) i will be annoyed!

I'd rather sign Chalk than Phil, Weyman, et al

Timbo

Staff member
I really don't think the Titans will chase Chalk, I think they'll go for Greenshields personally.

Having said that, I think Howell, Chalk and Weyman are all huge priorities.

Paullyboy

Coach
Have they made an announcement yet? I dont trust it till its definate.

Chalk and Ale are both priorities. Bugger Howell off, whats the point on strengthening our premier league future ahead of our NRL future? Ale and Chalk should both be starting this year, and many more to come.

Graham sticking with Raiders

Speedster Phil Graham has re-affirmed his committment to the Canberra Raiders by signing on for another three years with the club today.

Graham is one of a host of talented young players at the club who are on long-term contracts, joining players such as Josh Miller, Trevor Thurling, Todd Carney, William Zillman and Dane Tilse.

"It's great for us that we've got Phil to commit to 2009," said Raiders General Manager Don Furner.

"Phil is part of our strategy of keeping our talented younger group together."

Graham had an outstanding 2005 season and will play a key role again in the Raiders' 2006 campaign.

In other news today, the NRL has accepted a request from the Bulldogs and the Raiders to ‘swap’ the venues for their matches in rounds five and 14.

The round five match between the Raiders and the Bulldogs will now be played at Canberra Stadium and the round 14 match between the two clubs will now be played at Telstra Stadium.

http://www.raiders.com.au/season/news/06022801/

:clap::clap::clap:

ed bbay

Juniors
Chips said:
yes they will....clubs who have played against him know how good he is

THAT WOULD NT BE many he s only played 4 -5 first grade games get rid of this nuffie !!!

Kris_man

Bench
dubby said:
Must sign Chalk next. Why don't we here about him in the same breath as "players resigned"? If he leaves (which i think he might) i will be annoyed!

I'd rather sign Chalk than Phil, Weyman, et al
The Raiders were in talks with him after the season's end in 2005, and we've heard nothing about Chalk being a priority signing, or even in the Raiders sight, since. That, as well as an article with quotes from Marshall himself talking up Gold Coast and the Titans, makes the more logical among us resiggn to the assumption that something went wrong with negotiations, and Chalky will be with another club, most likely the Titans, in 2007.

Besides, the way things are going at the moment, you'd have to think that Chalk's odds of starting in round 1 2006 are quite long. This isn't the first time he's been bunted, either. Now why on earth would he WANT to re-sign, given his treatment here?

ed bbay

Juniors
Kris_man said:
The Raiders were in talks with him after the season's end in 2005, and we've heard nothing about Chalk being a priority signing, or even in the Raiders sight, since. That, as well as an article with quotes from Marshall himself talking up Gold Coast and the Titans, makes the more logical among us resiggn to the assumption that something went wrong with negotiations, and Chalky will be with another club, most likely the Titans, in 2007.

Besides, the way things are going at the moment, you'd have to think that Chalk's odds of starting in round 1 2006 are quite long. This isn't the first time he's been bunted, either. Now why on earth would he WANT to re-sign, given his treatment here?

very true .. but i hope he does