What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuthbertson future?

RedVDave

First Grade
Give me cuthbo over prior any day. Seriously, the best way i can describe this that we need some threatening forwards. Forwards that bring something, whether it's aggression, ball playing skills or just size. In reality we have let go the only 3 fowards that offer this... Smith, costigan and cuthbo.

It's a huge issue. Creagh is the only forward that offers something different. Scott and young are solid ball runners. We need some bloody forwards that offer a threat! I am very concerned about this next year. Our front row is also an issue. Without the aggression of smith and costigan I think our front row was exposed as a little soft.

Josh Miller has plenty of aggression/mongrel only question is how often will he be playing?

Father Ted

First Grade
You know Dave if we could gather 17 guys who got knocked out a lot we'd come last but it would be fun to watch

Minh

First Grade
You know Dave if we could gather 17 guys who got knocked out a lot we'd come last but it would be fun to watch

Martin Lang now that guy had heart albeit quite stupid kamakaze runs.

Martin Lang:" Look dad full speed ahead"

John Lang : " Onya son run hard and straight"

Martin Lang: " OK dad" WACK

John Lang: "Er somebody get the smelling salts we got a problem here."

Martin Lang stretchered off....again, clapped off the field.

Fingerbang

Bench
Martin Lang now that guy had heart albeit quite stupid kamakaze runs.

Martin Lang:" Look dad full speed ahead"

John Lang : " Onya son run hard and straight"

Martin Lang: " OK dad" WACK

John Lang: "Er somebody get the smelling salts we got a problem here."

Martin Lang stretchered off....again, clapped off the field.
:lol: .....Martin and Johnny Lang. Reminds me of the father and son on The Castle...."Dad, I dug a hole today....."

Minh

First Grade
And I love this line from Johnny Lang in 2010

John Lang: "Put your house on them (St George) to win the comp.":cool:

Des Hasler ( In reply to Lang comment): "He must have a lot of houses"

Lang owns Hasler.:lol:

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
I know the general consensus is that he is going to Newcastle next season, can anybody confirm or deny this. I thought he was absolutely outstanding against the Broncos last night, he was very aggressive with his runs, I would really love to see us retain this guy.
Hope he stays...kept on saying it week after week , even though quite a few didnt agree with me ......he should have been in every week.

Tim Smith

Juniors
I am a little confused about Cuthbertson's delay in announcing his club for 2012. Most clubs start pre season training early November. What could possibly be the reason for the silence. Surely it's got to be announced soon. Is he still holding out for an upgraded contract. We probably have bought enough back rowers to cover for him. I actually liked the look of Will Mathews in the last few Titans games.

I thought it was confirmed that Cuthbo was going to the Knights? Didn't Dell mention it in his twitter posts after the loss to the Broncos?

Tim Smith

Juniors
St George Illawarra DRAGONS
2012 Coach: Steve Price
GAINS: Chase Stanley (Melbourne Storm) Will Matthews (Gold Coast Titans) Jeremy Latimore (NZ Warriors) Reece Simmonds (Mid Season - Out of retirement) Tim Moltzen (Wests Tigers) Leeson Ah Mau (NQ Cowboys) Atelea Vea (Melbourne Storm) Josh Miller (Canberra Raiders) Daniel Vidot (Canberra Raiders)
LOSSES: Darius Boyd (Newcastle Knights) Jack Bosden (Sydney Roosters) Jon Green (Cronulla Sharks) Mark Gasnier (Retirement) Peni Tagive (Sydney Roosters) Alex McKinnon (Newcastle Knights)
RE-SIGNED: Cam King (2013) Jason Nightingale (2015) Kyle Stanley (2014) Nathan Fien (2013) Bronx Goodwin (2013) Michael Greenfield (2012) Mitch Rein (2013) Matt Cooper (2013)
Off Contract/Unknown: Adam Cuthbertson, Nick Emmett, David Gower, Jake Marketo, Daniel Penese

Father Ted

First Grade
I think they are releasing Greenfield from his contract to Melbourne which might free up some money for Cuthbo or Marketo

Last edited:

40Twenty

Juniors
Cuthbertson was offered a contract by the Dragons but didn't accept it

that was a while ago.

Adam Cuthbertson, Nick Emmett, David Gower, Jake Marketo should be kept, i like Gower he has something and a great offload and great footwork.

big pat

Coach
St George Illawarra DRAGONS
2012 Coach: Steve Price
GAINS: Chase Stanley (Melbourne Storm) Will Matthews (Gold Coast Titans) Jeremy Latimore (NZ Warriors) Reece Simmonds (Mid Season - Out of retirement) Tim Moltzen (Wests Tigers) Leeson Ah Mau (NQ Cowboys) Atelea Vea (Melbourne Storm) Josh Miller (Canberra Raiders) Daniel Vidot (Canberra Raiders)
LOSSES: Darius Boyd (Newcastle Knights) Jack Bosden (Sydney Roosters) Jon Green (Cronulla Sharks) Mark Gasnier (Retirement) Peni Tagive (Sydney Roosters) Alex McKinnon (Newcastle Knights)
RE-SIGNED: Cam King (2013) Jason Nightingale (2015) Kyle Stanley (2014) Nathan Fien (2013) Bronx Goodwin (2013) Michael Greenfield (2012) Mitch Rein (2013) Matt Cooper (2013)
Off Contract/Unknown: Adam Cuthbertson, Nick Emmett, David Gower, Jake Marketo, Daniel Penese

i think the penis has signed with parramatta.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Cuthbo may go to England and chase decent money. Would could offer him a fairly good contract but not what he can get overseas.

He's vital to our team next year IMO. Makes a very predictable and tired looking pack a whole different proposition.

Begs the question... I think the forwards is where price needs the most innovation.

If one of the new forward recruits aims up on trials with some aggression then they will be pushing selection. Weyman is a certainty, as is creagh and Scott. The rest is open.