What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cuthbertson

Noname36

First Grade
Newcastle for years paid overs to get players to move to Newcastle and paying $220k for an untried under 20's player is just one of the many examples.

With Bennett there now, this will now not be a problem.

Exactly. The Knights have copped a lot of crap for moving on the likes of De Gois, Paterson and Henry...but when De Gois is on 300k and is always injuried, Paterson is on 300k and he makes a staggering 30m and 2 tackles all game, and Henry is on over 200k for an untried rookie....the decision to let them go is fairly justified.

Bring back choc

Juniors
Exactly. The Knights have copped a lot of crap for moving on the likes of De Gois, Paterson and Henry...but when De Gois is on 300k and is always injuried, Paterson is on 300k and he makes a staggering 30m and 2 tackles all game, and Henry is on over 200k for an untried rookie....the decision to let them go is fairly justified.

There is absolutely no way those numbers are correct.
Degois is not on 300k and neither is Patterson. That's absurd.

jonno_knights

Juniors
There is absolutely no way those numbers are correct.
Degois is not on 300k and neither is Patterson. That's absurd.

We signed Degois on the back of a season were he was a standout for the Sharks and they were within one game of the GF. We also had lost Buderus freeing up a lot of money, and the hooker we were grooming to take over Seu Seu got sacked early in the year, meaning we had no ready made replacements.

And as for Cory Paterson, these were the rumours doing the rounds when he signed the contract; http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/bulldogs-to-make-paterson-1m-man/story-e6frg7n6-1111118812506

Minh

First Grade
You doubt it? Really? Good for you. You know nothing about me buddy. Unlike you, I actually don't wish bad on any other NRL team. I want them all to succeed, and maybe one glorious day one of them can lose to my team in the Grand Final.

You on the other hand just seem to have an issue with people who don't agree with you. Your ignorance is now being shown by ignoring the decent conversation that is going on. You're just a common control freak who hides behind a computer preaching his know all wisdom to all. Thanks for your insightful contributions to the world. How would we all get by without you?

By the way, what AM I up to Willow?

Bottom line is my "Scummer team" isn't merged. Deal with it.

Sorry Jubbsy, where were we?

S.R. we're happy with our team just the way it is you don't have to preach to us about us. To me our Mighty Dragons is the best just accept it and move on maybe one day your team will have it's day in the sun until then you can come in here and bathe in some of our glory, I know we are the best.

cleary89

Coach
I'm quite happy with our 20s kids too. A few more stars in our lot this year than yours though. Peachey, Mills, Pickerd, Manumalealii, Walsh, Tutauha, Frizzell (if we can keep him from the Waratah $$$), not to mention Townsend. They should all play NRL some time in the nearish future.

Peachey, is he the kid that killed someone? Mills seems like he has talent. Pickerd will go the same way as his brother, good junior talent but wont kick on. Heard you guys froth on Frizzell, but havent heard of the others.

However, De Belin, Mckinnon, Stockwell, Stanley, Rein, King have all had NRL experience this year.

Lots of people saying Lam is a shit coach, but really who cares about U20's. Bennett has a history of sending the players with NRL potential to NSW cup instead of U20's anyway.

Stinkler

Juniors
Frizzell is a Rugby boy now so forget him. The Sharks kids look OK, but they won't stay with no cash offered. $tinkler thinks Peachey only kills people on the field, he's got a future if he continues. Wouldn't he be in gaol if he did in out in the real world?

$tinkler is confused Cleary89. Bennett puts players into NSW Cup instead of Toyota Cup? Where do the Dragons players go without a NSW Cup team?

$tinkler rates McKinnon (a Knight next year), King, Stanley, and Rein. Not sure about the others, never seen them play.