What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Cutters V Dogs

TheRev

First Grade
What a shame, it will be interesting to see how JD goes getting them back on track, you can understand the lull after a great run.. but the bit that surprised me is that we scored 0 points, and we regularly score 30-40, especially playing the 3rd last team.

There is a bye now, so the big question is how Quinlan goes for 1st grade, because as exciting as Dufty is, Quinlan is a huge part of the Cutters attack this season.. its potentially a very difficult situation coming for JD... will be watching him very closely tomorrow arvo!

Dragonslayer

First Grade
How did our fullback play

Only heard the game on Steele Sports, but Dufty did some great defensive things, was always sniffing around in attack, but did make some errors. THe Steele Sports team said he was one of the best for the Cutters today.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Talking about 'structures' and our first grade coach is being too generous. Sitting in the crowd last week I didn't see many structures on show. Schoolboy stuff from first graders, pleased to see there is club unity.

drago brelli

Bench
The Cutters team played like they'd never met before. Dufty had no opportunities. At the moment he is too small to play in first grade. St.g/Illa shld drop dufty, lawrie & thompson back to the 20s & leave them there. That team could in that comp. Dufty reminds me a little of Quinlan.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
I agree that those three players plus Lawrie should play for the Under 20's.
The Cutters were missing regulars like
Carr, Mann,Milne, Porter, Quinlan and Wallace in the backs and Hind, McCarthy and Matthews in the forwards due to promotions, injuries and demotions which is half of the regular team. The Cutters have poor halves, hooker and two disappointing wingers
Glymin and Thompson who are selected despite their
poor form. Steele Sports indicated that Dodd and Sironen played soundly.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
They probably are if they are not injured. To me they are better than Glymin who is injury prone and who dropped a kick which resulted in a try today and Thompson who is always in bandages, slow and lazy.

TheRev

First Grade
In terms of wingers..... Carr & Porter keep getting dropped, sometimes its because Dodd is pushed out to wing due to Mann (and thats fair enough), Carr hasnt set the world alight in his games, but I still think he has more of a future than Thompson (who could be in the 20s too), but thats just my personal view, and Thompson has a lot of fans due to his size (which does look good in 20s).. but imo he is not a better prospect than Carr or even Porter is safe/organised.

Then there is Glymin, he only just returned from injury so he has been a non-issue all season.. hes probably the best of all of them theoretically, but the bloke just keeps getting re-injured & I dont think you can keep persisting with him.. id rather use Carr, but Glymin has a good track record and probably deserves atleast a few weeks to prove he still has his skills

KFFL is injured too, thats another one potentially back in the cutters.. I dont know how this happens, we have 50 wingers, 50 5/8's but seemingly none of them demanding 1st grade positions.

Dragon Revival

Juniors
That's how I see it too. The backbone of the Cutters back line was out to day and they scored zero points against the 10th ranked side. They

McCarthy and Mathews probably won't play tomorrow yet not sent back to help the Cutters which is very stupid and self typical Mary.

Dufty and Lawrie had their first games at that level which is a good stepping stone in their career.

Lafai was worse than woeful seriously he should be let go what a waste of cap space.

The line up was so different so not surprised they lost but the way they lost was very disappointing.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
In terms of wingers..... Carr & Porter keep getting dropped, sometimes its because Dodd is pushed out to wing due to Mann (and thats fair enough), Carr hasnt set the world alight in his games, but I still think he has more of a future than Thompson (who could be in the 20s too), but thats just my personal view, and Thompson has a lot of fans due to his size (which does look good in 20s).. but imo he is not a better prospect than Carr or even Porter is safe/organised.

Then there is Glymin, he only just returned from injury so he has been a non-issue all season.. hes probably the best of all of them theoretically, but the bloke just keeps getting re-injured & I dont think you can keep persisting with him.. id rather use Carr, but Glymin has a good track record and probably deserves atleast a few weeks to prove he still has his skills

KFFL is injured too, thats another one potentially back in the cutters.. I dont know how this happens, we have 50 wingers, 50 5/8's but seemingly none of them demanding 1st grade positions.

Glymin played alright today. He's a great clubman and I can't see him being dropped or moved on. Even Ayoub likes his work ethic. However, with some of the youngsters coming through the U20's (Garrick & Co) he would need to stay healthy and show his skills over the next few games to keep his spot at the Cutters. He was the next anointed winger for a 1st grade spot ahead of KFFL until his injuries.

Carr is practically gone for next year and will end up back in the Illawarra comp like alot of good young under 20's players while the Dragons continue to buy rubbish.

Porter again is only a part time footballer who has to work a full time job to make ends meet but he is very reliable and never lets the team down.

TheRev

First Grade
Id give all 8 of our spare wingers up for someone with some speed like Bevan French or one of the Storms Fijiian flyers..

Dragon Revival

Juniors
Garlic and Kemp show potential as wingers
and Herbert and Zac Lomax appear up and coming centres. Dodd seems a fair centre/winger. We need to give our young blokes a go as the recruits such as FaiFai Loa and Lafai are not up to the mark. Mann is coming along nicely in a team with a disjointed backline and erratic and directionless halves. I think that the Cutters
players despite missing half the team decided to play poorly so that they were not promoted to play under Mary and his disjointed excuse for a First Grade League Team who I hope will win soundly today.

Duck63

Juniors
The Cutters team played like they'd never met before. Dufty had no opportunities. At the moment he is too small to play in first grade. St.g/Illa shld drop dufty, lawrie & thompson back to the 20s & leave them there. That team could in that comp. Dufty reminds me a little of Quinlan.
I agree they were shocking ,i thought two of there best players were Dufty and Lawrie from 20s.I can see why there is no pressure on 1st grade players holding there spots right across the park . On Dufty, thought he played good considering there was no defence in front of him, pulled off some good tackles,high ball safe,attack no real chances.Unlike 20's where he is used in set plays and back line movements the cutters didnt seem to even know each other let alone put moves on.Game finished on a low with dogs player badly breaking his leg hope the young bloke is ok.

TheRev

First Grade
Garlic and Kemp show potential as wingers
and Herbert and Zac Lomax appear up and coming centres. Dodd seems a fair centre/winger. We need to give our young blokes a go as the recruits such as FaiFai Loa and Lafai are not up to the mark. Mann is coming along nicely in a team with a disjointed backline and erratic and directionless halves. I think that the Cutters players despite missing half the team decided to play poorly so that they were not promoted to play under Mary and his disjointed excuse for a First Grade League Team who I hope will win soundly today.
You dont get to have it both ways.. complain about kids not getting opportunities & then saying that the cutters (2pts off top of the table) deliberately lost a game just so they 'wont' get called up to 1st grade.