What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D.C. Slayers now accepting import player applications for 2012 USARL season

Choo Choo

Juniors
The Washington D.C. Slayers are now accepting import player applications for the 2012 USARL season.

Washington D.C. is the capital of the United States and offers a world class transportation system, restaurants, museums, nightlife, and jumping off point for traveling the USA.

The Slayers are a tight brotherhood that takes care of business on and off the field. Camaraderie is paramount and we are looking to win the 2012 championship. We have full sponsorship for the 2012 season and are securing our home pitch from last season.

For 2011, the Slayers finished second in the premiership, losing out in the semi finals to the eventual USARL champions, Philadelphia Fight.

For 2012, the USARL has set a limit of three (3) import players per team. We have already filled one (1) slot and are accepting all applications for two (2) additional but primarily looking for experienced 5/8ths and hookers.

Training will begin in May and the season runs through the end of August. Players are expected to make every training session (Monday and Wednesday nights) and match (Saturday) for the season. We will be holding a training camp in May, but you are not expected to attend as travel visas are only good for 3 months. It would be great if you can attend, but we understand if you cannot.

We do not pay players nor offer jobs as it is illegal to work in the USA without a work visa, however, we can assist with finding affordable housing or housing with a teammate if it is available.

To be considered, please send a player's CV along with references (preferably coaches), and if possible video links to you playing (not mandatory but it will help) to dcslayers13@gmail.com.

We will accept packages until 23 January 2012 and will make our decisions by 1 February. Notifications will go out no later than 4 February.

We will be building on our 2011 success and are only looking for serious players. If you feel you meet the requirements above, we want to hear from you.

Cheers,
Danny

MattyCLark

Juniors
If Florida counts as IMPORT. I'll throw my name in the hat for contract negotiations.
I only require All moving expenses paid, A nice home to move into, job for my wife, rugby season day care paid for my daughter. Limited sponsorship appearances, and a signing bonus, and the Axemen need to be paid the remainder of my contract with them.

We can discuss the details of my contract later. I'll have my Lawyer/Agent get ahold of you Danny.

Choo Choo

Juniors
If Florida counts as IMPORT. I'll throw my name in the hat for contract negotiations.
I only require All moving expenses paid, A nice home to move into, job for my wife, rugby season day care paid for my daughter. Limited sponsorship appearances, and a signing bonus, and the Axemen need to be paid the remainder of my contract with them.

We can discuss the details of my contract later. I'll have my Lawyer/Agent get ahold of you Danny.

If we're going that route Matty, we might as well set up player's union and agree on a collective bargaining agreement!