What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 23 v The Bloody Bulldogs

Victoire

Juniors
I’d really like to beat the stinking Dogs this weekend. This unearned goodwill towards them from some quarters bothers me, quite frankly.

After all, this is a club currently being sued by a former player for their mistreatment and cruel punishment of him at a training session. When that player went to his highly respected club captain Raymond Faitala Mariner, who, as a good leader and conduit should, attempted to mediate with club officials, the captain himself was outcast and virtually fired from the organisation. Grubby stuff to say the least.
Bronson Xerri is a drug cheat.
They persuaded Tevita Pangai to take up boxing so they could offload his exorbitant contract from the salary cap, only for him to re-emerge 6 months later at a fresh club. Unscrupulous.
Sponsor Arthur Laundy offering investment deals to prospective recruits in the shady grey margins of the salary cap.
Their secret to success is simply: Buy Penrith players. Bred not bought.
The brainchild of blowhard Gus Gould the supposed uber-genius svengali - who claimed Trent Barrett was a supercoach - he also completed a bogus “review” for our club ensuring his old NSW mate Paul McGregor kept his job, a piece of undermining malevolence worthy of such a genius.
Then there’s the recent footage of their notorious fans – after a win, no less - hassling and haranguing a Raiders fan in the street on Sunday.
Probably the same fans who threw bottles at Sowie in 09.
They took both Morris twins from us.
Barry Ward racially abusing Choc and Robbie Simpson in 98 – and the Dogs club backing Ward.
Cynical tactics of bombing Glenn Burgess in-goal in the 85 GF costing us the game and leading to a rule change.
Cheating the salary cap in 02.
Reed Mahoney is a little turd.
Josh Addo Carr… actually I like him. Disregard.
Jaemon Salmon: weak gutted dog.
Fibreglass shoulder pads in the 80’s.
Terry Lamb taking out Ellery Hanley’s head in a grand final. A stain on the game.
Honestly the only good thing they’ve ever done is help us get the record for biggest win in history back in 1935. Should’ve wrapped up the Canterbury experiment after the 91-6.

Come on Saints. Let’s send them out of Kogarah the losers they deserve to be this Saturday night

Dragon David

First Grade
I’d really like to beat the stinking Dogs this weekend. This unearned goodwill towards them from some quarters bothers me, quite frankly.

After all, this is a club currently being sued by a former player for their mistreatment and cruel punishment of him at a training session. When that player went to his highly respected club captain Raymond Faitala Mariner, who, as a good leader and conduit should, attempted to mediate with club officials, the captain himself was outcast and virtually fired from the organisation. Grubby stuff to say the least.
They persuaded Tevita Pangai to take up boxing so they could offload his exorbitant contract from the salary cap, only for him to re-emerge 6 months later at a fresh club. Unscrupulous.
Sponsor Arthur Laundy offering investment deals to prospective recruits in the shady grey margins of the salary cap.
The brainchild of blowhard Gus Gould the supposed uber-genius svengali - who claimed Trent Barrett was a supercoach - he also completed a bogus “review” for our club ensuring his old NSW mate Paul McGregor kept his job, a piece of undermining malevolence worthy of such a genius.
Then there’s the recent footage of their notorious fans – after a win, no less - hassling and haranguing a Raiders fan in the street on Sunday.
Barry Ward racially abusing Choc and Robbie Simpson in 98 – and the Dogs club backing Ward.
Cynical tactics of bombing Glenn Burgess in-goal in the 85 GF costing us the game and leading to a rule change.
Terry Lamb taking out Ellery Hanley’s head in a grand final. A stain on the game.
Honestly the only good thing they’ve ever done is help us get the record for biggest win in history back in 1935. Should’ve wrapped up the Canterbury experiment after the 91-6.

Come on Saints. Let’s send them out of Kogarah the losers they deserve to be this Saturday night
HERE, HERE, HERE, HERE I say. Bloody Bulldogs. If they get any special treatment by the refs this game some questions should be asked. Come on Dragons - big game at home. Just "kill" the bastards.

blacksafake

First Grade

Not a fan I take it 😂

A most reasonable polemic.

When securing a ticket for the hill on Saturday night I was reminded of the 2006 game, where on entry to the ground I was offered a Bulldogs branded selection of fake weaponry (plastic knives, knuckle dusters) for purchase by a member of the Chaser team.

A prank as relevant today as it was 18 years ago.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
This game shouldnt be quite as critical as its being made out to be.. but the dogs-love-in from the media and led by Anasta is killing me.. that plus the way the dogs carry on when they score tries.. id happily give up a loss to any of the other teams coming up... but this particular game.. im not sure I can handle the week of media afterwards... I might need to initiaite some sort of 7 day blackout.

TruSaint

Referee

If your intent was to make my blood boil from recalling these episodes, well I gotta say, job done.

gaz_head

Juniors
I think we will win this. The boys will be really fired up for revenge after last time. We were actually dominating them in the first half just couldnt execute at the last moment. Im hoping last week was a turning the page moment for us and we keep going on with the job.
It should definitely be more competitive.

It's easy to look at the last game between the two teams and think 'Dragons dominated' but losing a prop forward and an outside back before HT killed us. It's very hard to compete in the modern game with 15 men. Eisenhuth was moved to centre and was isolated and the dogs were good enough to expose it but IF we are fit and actually turn up on Saturday then it's a whole different game.

kit66

Bench
The Dogs are winning games with their defence, second best in the league. A big part of their defensive strategy is Burton's kicking game, long, high and often, turning their opposition around and pinning them in their own half - hard to score from there. We need to put as much pressure as possible on Burton and Sexton, I mean really push the limit there. We also need our back three at their best bringing the ball out and others sprinting back to take the hard hit ups.
JDB has been great when he gets in as a spare 5/8, linking those big sweeps across the field. Get Luc, Suli and Co powering down one side and then shifting back right across the field for some Hunty magic. Worked a treat last week.

blacksafake

First Grade
I’m ok with giving a couple of early penalties putting pressure on Burton when he kicks the ball.
Let him know he’s in for a tough night.

Actually when I think of it I’d give the job to Lawrie & if he gets suspended fight the charge so he misses an extra game if they lose the challenge 🙄