What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Wizardman

First Grade
I hope the NRL absolutely smash the Eels to a pulp and deny them any chance of making finals this season. The penalty must be a big enough deterrent for other clubs not to try this crap in the future.

Parra Pride

Referee
Pretty sure the Storm got belted hard when they were busted, yet here we are. The severity of the punishment will have no effect on whether or not another club does any kind of cap cheating in the future.

blaza88z

Coach
The Storm systematically cheated the cap and throughout the entire process they were lining up to win premiership after premiership.

The Eels have barely made the finals..

I think they'll lose points myself but I can't see them in a state where they're playing for nothing for the remainder of the year.

Avenger

Immortal
I hope the NRL absolutely smash the Eels to a pulp and deny them any chance of making finals this season. The penalty must be a big enough deterrent for other clubs not to try this crap in the future.

Are you Paul Kent and Bec Wilson's lovechild?

Bronxnation

Juniors
I don't really understand why the current team is getting punished for something a previous team did??? Can anyone explain?

Spot On

Coach

Lol. They'd have to kick a team out of the comp for good for clubs to change their ways.

Even that wouldn't stop the Andrew Gee type arrangements some clubs have employed.

It will happen again. A disgruntled employee will let the NRL know how the club they are/were working for have been circumventing the cap.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Apparently we are cap complient this season, take from that what you will.

We finally get our shit together on the field, good coach and staff. A quality team to be proud of and then this shit happens. Supporting this mob is soul destroying.

Cockosh

Juniors
Not sure how any RL fan can enjoy this. No matter who wins this year it will have a degree of emptiness attached if parra are rubbed out. I feel for the parra fans but don't see what other choice the NRL really has. The rules were clearly broken and they will feel compelled to send a message to all clubs that it won't be tolerated. In saying all that I still think the salary cap is a flawed concept.

super_coach

First Grade
Some teams continue to fly under the radar year after year while some teams have the radar focused on them all the time. If the system is fair and policed right across the board, than sure throw the book at teams that are not compliant, but at present the system and its policing is flawed. I think Parra should cop a heavy fine and at very worst loose 4 points

whall15

Coach
I hope that the punishment is commensurate with the wrongdoing and that it is detailed how the NRL came to their specific penalty.

tumbidragon

First Grade
If it's good enough for Storm and Dogs. It's good enough for Parra..
Although what happened with the Broncos cheating the cap? Gee step aside so all good?..

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I think -4 points is a fair penalty, based only from what I've seen in the media, but there could be more to come.

What's really important is that anybody still at the club who was involved in any way needs to be culled immediately.

natheel

Coach
I think -4 points is a fair penalty, based only from what I've seen in the media, but there could be more to come.

What's really important is that anybody still at the club who was involved in any way needs to be culled immediately.

This. It seems in line with what Warriors did unless there is more unveiled today that we haven't been told

Valheru

Coach
I don't really understand why the current team is getting punished for something a previous team did??? Can anyone explain?

Because it is the same club.

I feel sorry for the eels but I think they will get the perth glory treatment of last year and only be able to finish 9th at best.

Pierced Soul

First Grade
a team which has supposedly gone out of their way to cheat the cap cant be allowed to compete for a premiership when they've been found out. i understand people are saying its the current team paying for past sins but if we're going to go that way, does that mean if you rort the cap and arent caught within 12 months you're off scott free?

we're all assuming a lot as well, i think i read a story last night that TPA's involving Ma'u do push them over the cap this year. along with that the constant reports have been that the eels were told to come clean and consistently have not done so. they were threatened with a loss of points in the off season unless they followed recommendations and fought against that as much as they could, and still continued to lie about stuff.

and the andrew gee thing was a disgrace. as a broncos member that thing looked dodgy as hell, and to be honest if there was a breach i would rather it came out at the time and the club punished then, rather than have a potential punishment hanging over us in the future

Latest posts