What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

Rhyno

First Grade
If we lose all our points I'll have to get my enjoyment death riding other teams and hoping for injuries to key players like Milford, Thurston and Cronk just for the lols

siv

First Grade
How long until someone takes the NRL to court over the salary cap to court

Snappy

Coach
Thats true, doesn't mean as fans we can't be pissed off about it which is what that f**king dopey merkin was suggesting.

3 times during them cheating the cap where we knocked out by them. No other team had beaten us in the finals over that period. But nah we shouldn't say anything about it.

They knocked out my team in the prelim that year also, and they knocked another team the previous week. Be pissed off about it. But dont claim some quasi premiership over it.

Snappy

Coach
How long until someone takes the NRL to court over the salary cap to court

Clubs sign agreements with the NRL to get a licence. Dont think clubs that breech agreements would have much to stand on in a court of law.

Glenn

First Grade
Of course you kept your mouth shut during the Storm saga

Actually yes, while the investigation was still ongoing ... can recall using the words if and allegedly, which is more to be said than from some of the Village idiots here.

Glenn

First Grade
If we lose all our points I'll have to get my enjoyment death riding other teams and hoping for injuries to key players like Milford, Thurston and Cronk just for the lols

Rather poor form to wish injury on anyone, regardless of the circumstances..Stay classy.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
They knocked out my team in the prelim that year also, and they knocked another team the previous week. Be pissed off about it. But dont claim some quasi premiership over it.
Who here is doing that???

Most Eels fans don't want our drought broken that way, some do but I'd say they are in the minority.

Even the players stated they didn't want the premiership because we didn't win it on the day.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Depends what they did really. Stuff like paying the pom more than they told the nrl in his release is troubling. Guaranteeing tpas is dumb but I'm pretty sure every club does it. Just in a more subtle way

Avenger

Immortal
:lol:

I have as much sympathy for the Eels as your mob would if Manly were in the situation.

Have a lovely day. I know I will :D:D

We may love to hate each other but I will always respect the Sea Eagles. I know that is reciprocated.

TheFrog

Coach
Pretty sure the Storm got belted hard when they were busted, yet here we are. The severity of the punishment will have no effect on whether or not another club does any kind of cap cheating in the future.

It can be argued that the punishment did not fit the crime. The Storm's two premierships were stripped but once you've won a comp, what is the point of taking it away? Very little. Many clubs would cheat if it won them two competitions and kept them in the winners list for 4 years or so, even if the premierships were later taken away and even if they had to suffer a year when they could not make the finals.

As it was, the Storm soon won another comp, as did the Bulldogs after they cheated. The Storm shed Inglis, the Dogs didn't seem to shed anyone of note. There is a case for on-going salary cap penalties over a multi-year period for serious salary cap cheats.

mxlegend99

Referee
So you would be fine with them winning the premiership this year, if its confirmed that the alleged systemic rorting is true ?

If this year is above board. They deserve a chance. The cheating helped them assemble the squad. But if theres no cheating this year they deserve a shot atleast.

ek999

First Grade
If this year is above board. They deserve a chance. The cheating helped them assemble the squad. But if theres no cheating this year they deserve a shot atleast.

I disagree, if cheating the cap helped them build this squad they are still benefitting from their cheating and should be punished accordingly.

Nice Beaver

First Grade
We may love to hate each other but I will always respect the Sea Eagles. I know that is reciprocated.

Well now you go and ruin my s*it slinging by being all dignified! :oops:

I respect the Eels far more than a lot of clubs, with the exception of that joke of a board. It's been inept to say the least for over 20 years. I doubt any Eels supporter would have any respect for them either.

Most Eels supporters are OK in my book.

As a Manly supporter I will grin as its the Eels and there is the fierce rivalry. But in seriousness, will feel for most of the supporters. Will be a very bitter pill to swallow.

Last edited:

Latest posts