What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

D day for Parramatta

Name three players Parramatta must keep if they are to make the playoffs.

• Total voters

mxlegend99

Referee
I don't really understand why the current team is getting punished for something a previous team did??? Can anyone explain?
The cheating made the current team possible. It's the same club and every team would blatantly cheat if it were possible to get away with no points penalty if you were caught a year later.

This years team may be cap compliant. But they were in a position to have this team through breaching the salary cap in previous years. Think about the sort of money Foran, Jennings and Scott would be on. Watmough was already on. The Eels were in a position to get those players worth big money on big money due to the past cheating.

I think they need to be given a chance to make the finals though. A penalty that makes it impossible is unfair unless they are over this year also. 8 or 10 points would be plenty. Should still scrape into the top 8.

Snappy

Coach
I think they need to be given a chance to make the finals though. A penalty that makes it impossible is unfair unless they are over this year also. .

So you would be fine with them winning the premiership this year, if its confirmed that the alleged systemic rorting is true ?

Glenn

First Grade
I hope the NRL absolutely smash the Eels to a pulp and deny them any chance of making finals this season. The penalty must be a big enough deterrent for other clubs not to try this crap in the future.

I think we have found Paul Kent.

Glenn

First Grade
Reports in todays paper, say that allegedly, current players were lured to the club with guaranteed TPA'S which is clearly against the rules.

TPAs are not against the rule, or every club in the Competition would be in breach. They need to be at "arms length" from the club.

Snappy

Coach
TPAs are not against the rule, or every club in the Competition would be in breach. They need to be at "arms length" from the club.

Clubs guaranteeing them are though. Which is alleged what has happened.

If a club guarantee's TPA, then they count under the cap.

Glenn

First Grade
I think -4 points is a fair penalty, based only from what I've seen in the media, but there could be more to come.

What's really important is that anybody still at the club who was involved in any way needs to be culled immediately.

Absolutely, should be in line with the penalties from that the Warriors received, this is not on the scale of Melbourne or Canterbury. (despite what some in the Media claim)

Glenn

First Grade
Clubs guaranteeing them are though. Which is alleged what has happened.

If a club guarantee's TPA, then they count under the cap.

So no other clubs have guaranteed TPAs in an attempt to sign players? Or just better at hiding them.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Reports in todays paper, say that allegedly, current players were lured to the club with guaranteed TPA'S which is clearly against the rules.
Yeah we should of just of offered them all a shitload of Cash and then sacked a patsy..........

Snappy

Coach
So no other clubs have guaranteed TPAs in an attempt to sign players? Or just better at hiding them.

It's simple.

When signing a player a club can not guarantee a dollar amount for TPA'S. If you guarantee a player a certain amount, then that amount counts under the cap.

That is why the Fafita to Bulldogs deal fell through. He realised that the figure he's been told wasnt guarenteed, so he pulled out.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Not sure how any RL fan can enjoy this. No matter who wins this year it will have a degree of emptiness attached if parra are rubbed out. I feel for the parra fans but don't see what other choice the NRL really has. The rules were clearly broken and they will feel compelled to send a message to all clubs that it won't be tolerated. In saying all that I still think the salary cap is a flawed concept.

100%

We did something stupid - we must be punished.

Rhyno

First Grade
Every inbred d**khead merkin is praying that we lose all our points because they are shitting themselves at the thought of playing us in the finals because they know this years premiership is rightfully ours

Snappy

Coach
Every inbred d**khead merkin is praying that we lose all our points because they are shitting themselves at the thought of playing us in the finals because they know this years premiership is rightfully ours

:lol:

they're not even in the top 4

hineyrulz

Post Whore
The whole comp was rorted that year, not just parra
Thats true, doesn't mean as fans we can't be pissed off about it which is what that f**king dopey merkin was suggesting.

3 times during them cheating the cap where we knocked out by them. No other team had beaten us in the finals over that period. But nah we shouldn't say anything about it.