What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

DA on NRL on fox sport-wed nite

caylo

Bench
without making another thread on it, I just listen to Jarryds interview on Bigpondvideos.com and Jarryd stated that he felt anderson knew his game well and knew when to push him, asking hm to settle down or say nothing.

It shows a good coach that can get into players and ask them to play to their strengths and I thought about other players who started slow and now improving with anderson understanding of their game.

Hindy: running it more and offloading now
Caylo: passing before and after the line has improved his meters gained
Inu and Reddy: both have been in your face in defence and improved that aspect of their games
Grothe: His confidence is much higher and allows he doesn't make many errors anymore in defence or attack but still offloads
Lowrie: has looked better in the last 2 months then he has in 5 years of NRL

I have to say that pulling DA in last year has been the best thing to happen to parramatta in along time and now the addition of Ossie... I would be confident of winning the comp with a team of duds with these two guys controling things on and off the field.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
0,5001,6310011,00.jpg
:lol::lol::lol: ''Where am i'' ??? ''I don't think i am far from where i want to be'' '' I think''

the_eel

Juniors
Hindy: running it more and offloading now
Caylo: passing before and after the line has improved his meters gained
Inu and Reddy: both have been in your face in defence and improved that aspect of their games
Grothe: His confidence is much higher and allows he doesn't make many errors anymore in defence or attack but still offloads
Lowrie: has looked better in the last 2 months then he has in 5 years of NRL

Hard to argue with any of that Caylo. I've also been really impressed with the improvement in Cayless's game with the offloads and go forward, similarly with the addition of the offload back into Hindys game too. Grothe has really cut down big time on his error rate this season and both Reddy and Lowrie have shown massive improvement from what we have seen from them in previous seasons!

oldmancraigy

Coach
Reporter: How do you think the team went tonight Hages?

0,5001,6310011,00.jpg

Hagan: Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

FROSTY319

Juniors
Watching DA gave me a warm fuzzy feeling.

Totally agree. I'm starting to really like this guy. He speaks very well and appears quite intelligent and has a genuine love for Footy. Finally we have a coach not scared to kick some ass and fire up when required. Our team has had a bad attitute for a few years now and DA seems to finally be the right man to bring out the best in our boys.
You can also tell he's pretty happy with the playing roster for 2010 when asked about Tahu, Poore and The Shack !
Good times ahead ;-)

Gronk

Staff member
Totally agree. I'm starting to really like this guy. He speaks very well and appears quite intelligent and has a genuine love for Footy. Finally we have a coach not scared to kick some ass and fire up when required. Our team has had a bad attitute for a few years now and DA seems to finally be the right man to bring out the best in our boys.
You can also tell he's pretty happy with the playing roster for 2010 when asked about Tahu, Poore and The Shack !
Good times ahead ;-)

I think that most would concede that of the limited players on the market for 2010 that we got the top 3.

Is there any other players that have signed for other clubs for 2010 that would be considered better buys than ours ?

http://www.leagueunlimited.com/forum/showthread.php?t=6075

TheRam

Coach
Anthony Mitchell has a big future imo

I also really like Mitchell Johnson, he looks a little crazy but it is mongrel i think we need......i am looking forward to watching his progress

Yes he's the one that I am hoping really comes along due to that aggression he shows. If he makes it, he will really stick it to the opposition and we will love him for it.

yy_cheng

Coach
Yes he's the one that I am hoping really comes along due to that aggression he shows. If he makes it, he will really stick it to the opposition and we will love him for it.

When was the last time we had a firebrand forward?

You could say FFMM. But was it Paul Dunn? I mean Matt Goodwin?

FROSTY319

Juniors
I think that most would concede that of the limited players on the market for 2010 that we got the top 3.

Is there any other players that have signed for other clubs for 2010 that would be considered better buys than ours ?

No chance mate.

Yeah DA has been doing good at this club, part of the reason a number of us wanted him this year was he was no nonsense and very successful coach. I remember there was a lot of talk between members of this board off this board around June and July last year that there were things happening to get DA at the club, and when Hages fell on his sword just before his "5 weeks" was up, I can tell you now I was a happy boy.

Hearing Daniel talk about this club now, after a few wins and a few close losses, it once again makes you feel like there is some sort of direction at the club instead of the blank Look like . . . . . . . This one.

0,5001,6310011,00.jpg

Last edited:

ROGUE

Juniors
When was the last time we had a firebrand forward?

You could say FFMM. But was it Paul Dunn? I mean Matt Goodwin?

Good question i'm leaning towards peter johnstone i think his name was.We bought from illawarra and wore the headgear, but jeez he was absolutely ferocious front on.A real bone rattler

Kenny Powers

Juniors
Good question i'm leaning towards peter johnstone i think his name was.We bought from illawarra and wore the headgear, but jeez he was absolutely ferocious front on.A real bone rattler

Peter Johnston was a beast, he would just lead with his huge melon when ever he tackled.

yy_cheng

Coach
Johnstone and Pay were aggressive but more like Fui.

They didn't have a temper. Well they had a controlled temper.

yy_cheng

Coach
I was thinking more like Crocker, Ian Roberts, Geoff Robinson, Les Boyd, Les Davidson, et al

Latest posts