What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegraph Banner Suggestions

SaintTPP

First Grade
I'm also very happy to contribute to these banners in a financial way if required. Just make sure it's crystal clear that we are attacking those two wankers.

Best way to contribute is start buying 10 copies of the Herald each day, and leave them around your workplace, so your collegues become familiar with reading that version of news, then next time they go out to pick up a paper will go with what they know :D

The only way those pricks will feel any pain, is if there management need to explain the decrease in sales.

...woops wrong login - STG-MACCA's opinion ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Last edited:

Jono1987

Juniors
Best way to contribute is start buying 10 copies of the Herald each day, and leave them around your workplace, so your collegues become familiar with reading that version of news, then next time they go out to pick up a paper will go with what they know :D

The only way those pricks will feel any pain, is if there management need to explain the decrease in sales.

...woops wrong login - STG-MACCA's opinion ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Yeah you're right. My response was written with the blood boiling. I just don't understand where this anti-dragons campaign came from. Because Doust and Bennett wanted nothing to do with the DT?. I wonder why...Either way I'd still love to see a couple of banners up, just to show them the Red 'n' Whites won't allow them to derail our season with negative garbage.

DB

First Grade
Maybe an X file themed one.

The Truth is out there...... But not in the Telegraph.

piesplus

Bench
We need a simple one: TELE FREE ZONE.

As I said on the sub-forum, journos love seeing their names in print... so don't give them what they want -- it'll just inflate their egos.

What we need to do is plant the idea in rugby league supporters' heads that they don't have to buy the paper if they don't want to.

And I think if we make it about the whole paper, rather than a couple of journos or a couple of articles, we'll get more sympathy from supporters of other clubs.

piesplus

Bench
After thinking about it, I'd be more inclined to go with:

TELEGRAPH
FREE ZONE

It makes the banner a better shape, plus it's probably better to refer to 'Telegraph' in case people have forgotten about Kelly from the Tele.

I'd do it myself but I'm not on the hill.

Last edited:

LazyDreamer

Bench
As I said on the sub-forum, journos love seeing their names in print... so don't give them what they want -- it'll just inflate their egos.

Dang. There goes my suggestion. Devoid of wit, humour, originality or irony, but chockablock full of ticker:

I WISH PHIL ROTHFIELD'S MOTHER HAD BEEN BURNED ALIVE THE DAY AFTER HE WAS CONCEIVED

I dunno...too harsh?

LazyDreamer

Bench
(I really gotta make sure I've finished the thought before hitting "submit reply")

Isn't channel 9 affiliated with the SMH? Mention them & it's sure to get decent coverage!

LazyDreamer

Bench
Nice and to the point. But would much rather you replace SMH with LeagueUnlimited.

Unless you don't consider yourself a real league fan. ;-)

I don't think LeagueUnlimited makes News Ltd feel threatened the way the SMH does. Coz why do they spend so much time trying to discredit them, especially their league coverage?

Wobbygong

First Grade
I still think the best one is to ignore the DT altogether don't mention them and advertise for the smh Jacqueline Magnay is a dragons fans and Roy's always been good so I say www.smh.com.au in red and white