What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daily Telegraph Pull Poll on Team Of The Century

Raging Rabbit

juniors
How amusing. :lol:

Their "pet" Johns was leading the poll by a country mile.

The question "Which player should not have made the team of the century".

What a 9/News farce this whole thing turned out to be.

The game deserves much better than these two arseclown organisations and no better evidence can be seen than the shambles served up last night and in todays media.

mark123

Juniors
I think its disgusting how it would seem that 2 media organizations are hijacking the game on this level. Its one thing to buy the right to show it, then assume the right to tell it what to do, but to "fake" it and shove celebs onto us in this manner, no thank you.

I believe what is said above to be the case in many things.

However, in all honesty I think Johns is widely loved, he's alive and people associate with him and a great player. So its to be expected.

We need a clearer line between rugby league and ch9 because the line has been blurred too much too often.

It's hardly surprising that of the 17 players picked Joey is the one who most people think shouldn't be there. I mean how many deadsh*ts that vote on these things are even going to know many of the other players. And who is going to vote against players from the old days when reputations were built SOLELY on the field as it should be. Bobby Fulton could have been an LSD user or Brian Bevan could have smoked opium* but who would know. Joey is a soft target.

*Not suggesting they did obviously, just a hypothetical.

perverse

Referee
It's hardly surprising that of the 17 players picked Joey is the one who most people think shouldn't be there. I mean how many deadsh*ts that vote on these things are even going to know many of the other players. And who is going to vote against players from the old days when reputations were built SOLELY on the field as it should be. Bobby Fulton could have been an LSD user or Brian Bevan could have smoked opium* but who would know. Joey is a soft target.

yep, agreed. it also stands to reason that halfback would be a logical position of contention.. considering how many epic quality halves we've had over the years.

Brutus

Referee
The coverage of Johns in this team of the century thing makes me sick.

I just looked at the back page of the Tele in the newsagent today and threw it back down.

Their obsession with Johns is a joke.

alien

Referee
Im glad Joey Johns was in the team. I thought Lazarus was unlucky not to make the team.

OVP

Coach
sh*t thread, started by a true softcock ...

Its hilarious ... Souths fans are experts, but none of them have ever seen their team do anything at all since 1971.

FFS.

Raging Rabbit

juniors
sh*t thread, started by a true softcock ...

Its hilarious ... Souths fans are experts, but none of them have ever seen their team do anything at all since 1971.

FFS.

f**k off idiot.

We are dealing with facts here - not myths, aka Easts.

You don't see anything unusual about a poll being pulled because an employee of News is under the gun for his place in the "team of the century"?

AuckMel

Bench
East Coast Tiger said:
And who is going to vote against players from the old days when reputations were built SOLELY on the field as it should be. Bobby Fulton could have been an LSD user or Brian Bevan could have smoked opium* but who would know. Joey is a soft target.

Would have been interesting to see if any of them would have passed every single drug test they took too.

D

Deleted member 10972

f**k off idiot.

We are dealing with facts here - not myths, aka Easts.

You don't see anything unusual about a poll being pulled because an employee of News is under the gun for his place in the "team of the century"?

Myths...like the 2008 Rabbitohs?

As opposed to the Roosters who since 1971 have made how many GF's?

Latest posts