What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Laurie

_Johnsy

Referee
WTF is wrong with these young kids today? He has played a few 1st grade games, does not get picked and he has a little hissy fit "I wanna leave blah blah blah"

Is this a sign of his character ?
Thanks, but no thanks Dane.

RedVDave

First Grade
Has a lot of raw power, I think he has a load of potential IMO, not to mention you can never have to many props and 2nd rowers, is a fair price to so I think if we get the chance to sign him we should.

Mr Red

First Grade
potential yes ...
and the fact that it states he is only on 45k a season means that we could in effect pay him double and still get a bargain priced first grader.....

Doug2234

First Grade
Not a fan.

Seems a liability and playing with the Tigers he seems to miss every big game this year. Any game against a top 8 team they dont pay him....

Again, he is much better player than Poore (no offense but Poore is still great player). We need a monster prop like Laurie. Bennet def will make a agreement to have him next year and will turn him into giant monster prop in NRL!

Doug2234

First Grade
Whats the point of having a "monster prop" if he drops the ball every second tackle..

Running into the defensive line without the ball does not asisst the team

TrigaTheTiger

Juniors
Hi guys - here is something from a tiger supporter

Daine is a monster and with some decent coaching - he would be one of the best props in the game in the next few years. He isnt getting any decent coaching at the Tigers.

He has ticker and a passion for the game - hes massive and runs hard.

His low level playing times and lack of time against top teams is more to do with Sheens coaching tactics rather than Daines ability.

He would be a great ability - albeit off the bench at this stage of his career, to any club.

I wish him all the best - or else I wish we get rid of Sheens and sign a coach who understands the modern game.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
From memory, he has really crap hands, pretty much drops every 2nd ball he touches. And not to mention he plays about 15 mins a game?

people said that of a certain michael weyman too..

Running into the defensive line without the ball does not asisst the team

no.. but it confuses the bejesus out of the opposition..

Last edited:

LOYAL DRAGON

First Grade
GET HIM
00006620_Image.jpg

Daine Laurie
Date of Birth : 2 August, 1984
Height : 198 cm
Weight : 110 kg
Position : Prop/ Second-row
Rep. Honours : Dreamtime Team 2008
Junior Clubs : Yamba Dolphins
Previous Clubs : Nil
FG Debut : v Brisbane, Suncorp Stadium, 20/6/08 (Rd 15)
Club Debut : v Brisbane, Suncorp Stadium, 20/6/08 (Rd 15)

Godz Illa

Coach
Daine Laurie's release appears very unlikely. Article in the RLW quotes Tim Sheens strenuously denying he will be let go, saying they have him under contract for next year plus an option for the year after. So, it seems, there goes that idea

Latest posts