What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Laurie

Tiger05

First Grade
Im more about your player who has been forced into a situation where he has been forced to apologise despite doing nothing wrong. He did nothing wrong!!!!!!!!

I agree that he did nothing wrong but let's not dramatize the apology. It's not a big issue.

Kilkenny

Coach
I agree that he did nothing wrong but let's not dramatize the apology. It's not a big issue.
It shouldn’t be. I’m just trying to stick up for a kid who I had hoped was to going to play a part in our future but it wasn’t meant to be.

I truly hope he plays a part in your future. I really do.

Das Hassler

Bench
All lives matter.

Im not about getting into a debate about crime statistics in the USA they are truly horrifying. They speak for themselves. I won’t go any further than that.

Im more about your player who has been forced into a situation where he has been forced to apologise despite doing nothing wrong. He did nothing wrong!!!!!!!!

I also believe he did nothing wrong....as for the all lives matter stuff. ..i lived in and was involved with community groups in and around downtown LA for a year at a time for a lot of years during the 80's and 90's ... had thousands of discussions with fellow residents...street people ..cops..even enjoyed barrackading a group of us in during rhe LA riots in 92....Current Affair over there filmed from our balcony. .Here's the one thing the All lives matter ( which of course they do) people don't quite get ....the crux of the" matter" part....you will never hear a cop or a passerby say..." "doesn't matter...."it's just a white guy" ....never!..and you will never see a pair of black cops cruising in a white neighbourhood as up untill '48 it was illegal for a black to give an order of any kind to a white person in any circumstance and that sentiment is still alive and well...THAT'S the "matter" part ...you shouldn't mock something that you only think you know something about.
This'll all be deleted or moved soon which is ok but just wanted to contribute to your insight....or not.

Last edited:
I also believe he did nothing wrong....as for the all lives matter stuff. ..i lived in and was involved with community groups in and around downtown LA for a year at a time for a lot of years during the 80's and 90's ... had thousands of discussions with fellow residents...street people ..cops..even enjoyed barrackading a group of us in during rhe LA riots in 92....Current Affair over there filmed from our balcony. .Here's the one thing the All lives matter ( which of course they do) people don't quite get ....the crux of the" matter" part....you will never hear a cop or a passerby say..." "doesn't matter...."it's just a white guy" ....never!..and you will never see a pair of black cops in a white neighbourhood as up untill '48 it was illegal for a black to give an order of any kind to a white person in any circumstance and that sentiment is still alive and well...THAT'S the "matter" part ...you shouldn't mock something that you only think you know something about.
This'll all be deleted or moved soon which is ok but just wanted to contribute to your insight....or not.
Politics and social issues are important. Thanks for the insight.

Kilkenny

Coach
I also believe he did nothing wrong....as for the all lives matter stuff. ..i lived in and was involved with community groups in and around downtown LA for a year at a time for a lot of years during the 80's and 90's ... had thousands of discussions with fellow residents...street people ..cops..even enjoyed barrackading a group of us in during rhe LA riots in 92....Current Affair over there filmed from our balcony. .Here's the one thing the All lives matter ( which of course they do) people don't quite get ....the crux of the" matter" part....you will never hear a cop or a passerby say..." "doesn't matter...."it's just a white guy" ....never!..and you will never see a pair of black cops in a white neighbourhood as up untill '48 it was illegal for a black to give an order of any kind to a white person in any circumstance and that sentiment is still alive and well...THAT'S the "matter" part ...you shouldn't mock something that you only think you know something about.
I’m not about trying to politicise the argument.

I don’t for one minute suggest I know everything about the mess the USA finds itself in right now. Other than to say it is obvious they are in a massive hole right now.

When i immigrated to Australia in 1969 as a ten pound Pom I encountered systematic racism if that is the right term.

Mum and dad instilled the whole sticks and stones methodologies in me and hence I had to fight my way thru school to survive. I came out the other end just as the so called Mediterranean Descendants did back in the day. No big deal, I’m a better person for it.

Your right I haven’t lived in LA but growing up in Kingswood High School was a tough gig in the early seventies let me assure you of that.

My initial point remains the same, all lives matter, and it is rather sad for communities in the the USA living thru this whole defund the Police thing which will only serve to destroy there society’.s.

It’s not a good subject so best I move on, we clearly have differing views.

Good luck in 2022.

Tigerm

First Grade
He did nothing wrong!!!!!!

Why can’t he express his feelings for his former team mates.

It doesn’t detract from where his current allegiance is.

It really is PC bullshit and I hate it.

Anyway enough from me. Well done on the signing of Tyrone Peachy another terrific kid, terrific footy player.
I agree, it’s not a big deal, but he did sorta do the wrong thing by his new employer? You don’t walk around the street with your oppositions tie on?
But agree, it was built up out of proportion, more so by the media I think, the club may have said something, but they have remained silent, at least he wasn’t sniffing white powder up his nose?

Tiger Ted

Bench
I’m not calling for his head killer, I love the kid, I want a significant upgrade for him.

But i think he needed a shortening up and to be admonished.

We have the little kids who wear Tiger outfits to games and that image would have left a lot of them broken hearted.

If he has a bad game, I’m going to ask him where his panther costume is.

But the likelihood of him having a bad game is remote.

I hope you are enjoying your big win buddy. Well done my son.
He hasn’t justified a significant upgrade yet.I’d be waiting until he shows me he can tackle & he demonstrates progress re the subtleties of playing fullback in particular his positional play.IMO the jury is still out as to whether he is an optimum long term fullback option for us.

Das Hassler

Bench
He hasn’t justified a significant upgrade yet.I’d be waiting until he shows me he can tackle & he demonstrates progress re the subtleties of playing fullback in particular his positional play.IMO the jury is still out as to whether he is an optimum long term fullback option for us.

Hope we find out positive answers to those questions while he's with us and not somewhere else. For me he's got a lot of Brett Hodgson's tenacity about him ...he's still a kid and i can't see a reason why he can't develop the same toughness in defense as Hodgson....he's really still on P plates as a first grade fullback but you don't see too many that are more excited to be out there doing what they do (aka hungry to learn) so i'm pretty optimistic about how good he might become.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors
This stuff is just the politically correct, bullshit world we live in now. Cancel culture, BLM, I could go on. The kid was over joyed for his former team mates and colleagues. Seriously, so f**ken what. This sort of stuff really pisses me off. The kid basically forced to apologise for a non event. As I said previously Daine is a really terrific kid, so committed to his now club, he shouldn’t be called out the way he has. It is pathetic.
Apparently as punishment, Laurie was made to ring up tigers members who complained about the “bad look” and apologise lol

soc123_au

Staff member
Apparently as punishment, Laurie was made to ring up tigers members who complained about the “bad look” and apologise lol
We tried a similar strategy with Michael Jennings being made to hand out tickets at a game. Didn't end so well for the relationship. Long term it was the right play, but he had had a few priors as well. This feels a tad over the top given the circumstances. Being treated like a child is unlikely to make him think about staying for too long.

Fordy20

Juniors
If the Panthers want him back, I'd be more than happy to swap him for Staines.

Das Hassler

Bench
We tried a similar strategy with Michael Jennings being made to hand out tickets at a game. Didn't end so well for the relationship. Long term it was the right play, but he had had a few priors as well. This feels a tad over the top given the circumstances. Being treated like a child is unlikely to make him think about staying for too long.

I doubt that this has actually happened...it sounds like what Kent said that he would have him do.

Speedy Gonzales

Juniors

100% over the top …. I personally didn’t give a rats really. I gather the sponsors etc had a bit to say about our star player wearing rival teams colours though

Tigerm

First Grade
100% over the top …. I personally didn’t give a rats really. I gather the sponsors etc had a bit to say about our star player wearing rival teams colours though
TBH, so they should , imo. They put in a lot of money, they should expect better, but as I said, I don’t think it was a big deal, but I bet he’ll only ever do it once more?