What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Daine Laurie

I re-read it and it still sounds ridiculous. You stated Brooks getting the player of the year award is leading to genuine unrest and our recruitment is being impacted. This is all time days of our lives bullshit.

I'm not trying to be dick but if your comments are inside information I don't think you should be posting it because it makes the players look like pathetic little bitches. I'm going to assume that you've made this stuff up because the players (including potential recruits) couldn't be that soft.
Well it’s happened, I was told about it this afternoon making an enquiry on recruitment and from media reports it seems that in fact some of the players have been little bitches about it.

Now I can’t check in with you before I want to post something. Neither you nor anybody else have to believe it, doesn’t worry me.

But all good, no more lu updates on recruitment from me.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
I have no doubt that if there is player unrest and why wouldn’t there be given results this year….that it will affect recruitment. The joint stinks for many reasons and this could be one of them.

stryker

First Grade
I re-read it and it still sounds ridiculous. You stated Brooks getting the player of the year award is leading to genuine unrest and our recruitment is being impacted. This is all time days of our lives bullshit.

I'm not trying to be dick but if your comments are inside information I don't think you should be posting it because it makes the players look like pathetic little bitches. I'm going to assume that you've made this stuff up because the players (including potential recruits) couldn't be that soft.
Brooks plays f**ked football week, after week, after week.
Brooks gets selected in the team week, after week, after week.
Brooks plays f**ked football week, after week, after week.
Wests Tigers miss the finals for a 10th year running.
Brooks has been the halfback for 8 of those failed seasons.
Brooks wins his THIRD player of the year award.
Players say “oh f**k this”…what’s so hard to believe?

Magpies Forever

Juniors
I don't know one way or the other on this instance effecting player recruitment or not. However I do recall many instances of being told by others and seeing written that players when they look at a side that is seeking their signature look at how established and effective their spine is. WT halfback effectiveness has been questioned for years and our own players would have opinions on that too. As the player to steer a team around the park and tactically judge options Brooks to say the least has not been stellar. He goes missing in big plays and really can't win us many games, more than a few WT fans and others have the opinion he is ineffective as a half and should be moved on as he has had 9 years to get it together and it hasn't happened. To then hear Maguire and Lee H trot out the usual Brooks will be our half next year and is going nowhere when for the first time we will have a viable alternative in Hastings is nuts and an insult to our intelligence and passion for the club, the team and the players. To then have Brooks given a co award for value performance just adds further insult to injury when there are others better, injured or not part of the season. As I mentioned in the other forum for it to be awarded shows a degree tone deafness and pig headedness by WT management that no doubt does cause player disquiet and flows through to having some influence or effect on potential player recruitment. At very least WT should show the scoring for the players throughout the season to shed some clear light on scoring and the opinion of those 3 judges versus the real life performance of the team in each of these matches. Brooks being able to shoulder a defensive load in being able to tackle and defend does not make him an effective halfback each match and that is what each player should be judged on. I've also said that with some of our performances this year you could argue no or few points should have been given. We're not preschool and primary where you get points for participation, We're supposed to be dragging ourselves out of mediocrity.

Having said that I'm pleased Laurie was awarded it as well. He deserved it.

Last edited:

MasterTiger

Juniors
For F--k sake all you haters out there blaming Brookes for the end of the world. Just bear in mind ....Brookes is not the cause of our clubs sh-t position , merely an effect. I ask everyone on this forum if you put Brookes in a Storm team what do you think the outcome would be? He is not a dominant halfback never will be and never has been. To be quite frank finding dominant halfbacks is like finding hens teeth. That being said I did say at the start of the season if we don't make the 8 Brookes cant be the halfback for 22. But we need him somewhere in the squad and instructed to play a simple but effective role. That role and game plan I'll leave to the experts.

Tiger05

First Grade
Well it’s happened, I was told about it this afternoon making an enquiry on recruitment and from media reports it seems that in fact some of the players have been little bitches about it.

You've used massive mental gymnastics to draw your conclusions. I don't like that shit. You've used media reports about player unrest which sounds completely fabricated and it's a common practice in journalism. You've also listened to someone speaking dribble and fallen for it or maybe you've twisted the tale a little because your inside information on signings aren't coming off and you need an excuse.

Last edited:

Tiger05

First Grade
Players say “oh f**k this”…what’s so hard to believe?

This part is extremely hard to believe. TSP just admitted he got his inside info of media reports. Do you believe that the media really reports this stuff accurately ? If you do cool. If not then just take a step back and think about it.

To me it's days of our lives BS.

Tiger05

First Grade
By the way if you don't like Brooks just say it. Say I think he is f**ked. Just be up-front about it.

I think Brooks starts the year at 7 due to the injury to Doueihi but I think he is going to be under pressure throughout the year and Madge will drop him unless his form improves significantly.

I don't know how the team or players or coach will feel about this and I also don't give a f**k.

This part is extremely hard to believe. TSP just admitted he got his inside info of media reports. Do you believe that the media really reports this stuff accurately ? If you do cool. If not then just take a step back and think about it.

To me it's days of our lives BS.

I didn’t “admit” that I got this information from media reports…because I didn’t.

People can read the posts and make up their own minds up.

You’re being more dramatic than our players

Ned Kelly

Juniors
I had my hopes up about the alleged mystery player. I'm now starting to think the Tigers will have the same recruitment strategy as last year. Don't rush, wait until we legally have to sign some players, sign someone who was good years ago and give a contract to a junior who is a fair way off becoming a first grader.

stryker

First Grade
I had my hopes up about the alleged mystery player. I'm now starting to think the Tigers will have the same recruitment strategy as last year. Don't rush, wait until we legally have to sign some players, sign someone who was good years ago and give a contract to a junior who is a fair way off becoming a first grader.
I have it on good authority our 2023 recruitment drive will be superb. Be patient please. Leichhardt wasn’t built in 1 day…