What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Cowboys News

DC_fan

Coach
Do you think they're prepared to pay him? I think there is a chance he holds out. tbh

Potentially he could sit out training camp and the preseason. But I don’t see that being a problem. I really don’t see him getting much if any playing time before the season proper

DC_fan

Coach
Cowboys to cut WR Allen Hurns and expect to save $5 on the cap.

Not surprising given the depth they have at the receiving position and Hurns terrible ankle injury of last season.

DC_fan

Coach
DeMarcus Lawrence and Byron Jones to open training camp on PUP list, won’t practice in Oxnard

About a month and a half ago word first started to circulate that DeMarcus Lawrence and Byron Jones could begin training camp on the PUP list. That’s not ideal, but it’s far from the end of the world.

On Tuesday the Dallas Morning News reported that this is in fact likely going to be the case. The DMN also noted that it’s unlikely that either Lawrence or Jones will practice while in Oxnard.

Thankfully it appears that the Cowboys should have their star defenders when the regular season kicks off, but them missing time in Oxnard isn’t insignificant by any means. Of course it’s not like anyone is going to fret over players of this caliber, but this is an important year for both of them.

2019 is big for Lawrence, coming off of shoulder surgery, in terms of continuing to lead the Cowboys defense as a unit. He’s currently the highest-paid player in franchise history and with that distinction comes a larger level of expectation.

Of course Byron Jones, who had hip surgery over the offseason, is entering a contract year and looking for as close of a payday as he can get to Tank. It’s important for him to get right so that he can play at the highest level.

https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...ning-camp-on-pup-list-wont-practice-in-oxnard

I don't see this of major concern. Both should be fit and raring to go come the season proper.

shiznit

Coach
I don’t particularly like the Cowboys....

But I gotta admit that this legit made me happy...

From the rotten luck this kid had with injury I’m glad he’s living his dream and getting paid accordingly.

And I’m happy for the Cowboys that they are reaping the benefits of taking a chance on the kid...

DC_fan

Coach
I don’t particularly like the Cowboys....

But I gotta admit that this legit made me happy...

From the rotten luck this kid had with injury I’m glad he’s living his dream and getting paid accordingly.

And I’m happy for the Cowboys that they are reaping the benefits of taking a chance on the kid...

I agree. It was a huge gamble the club took with Smith. At the time of his drafting I was against his selection. But, as has been shown it has worked out well for both parties.

DC_fan

Coach
2019 NFL Preseason Power Rankings: ESPN and NFL.com both put the Dallas Cowboys inside the top 10

ESPN’s 2019 NFL Preseason Power Rankings:
  1. New England Patriots
  2. Kansas City Chiefs
  3. New Orleans Saints
  4. Los Angeles Rams
  5. Philadelphia Eagles
  6. Los Angeles Chargers
  7. Chicago Bears
  8. Indianapolis Colts
  9. Dallas Cowboys
  10. Cleveland Browns
NFL.com’s 2019 Preseason Power Rankings:
  1. New England Patriots
  2. Los Angeles Rams
  3. New Orleans Saints
  4. Kansas City Chiefs
  5. Indianapolis Colts
  6. Philadelphia Eagles
  7. Chicago Bears
  8. Dallas Cowboys
  9. Pittsburgh Steelers
  10. Seattle Seahawks
https://www.bloggingtheboys.com/201...both-put-the-dallas-cowboys-inside-the-top-10

DC_fan

Coach

Given what we saw during training camp and preseason games their are no surprise s so far with players cut. Some of these players like McElroy, if they clear wavers should end up on the practice squad

DC_fan

Coach
Expect some news shortly about Elliott. A lot of discussions between the two camps at the moment. The fact that the Cowboys only named two RBs in their roster suggests they are confident in signing Zeke sooner rather then later.

DC_fan

Coach
Expect some news shortly about Elliott. A lot of discussions between the two camps at the moment. The fact that the Cowboys only named two RBs in their roster suggests they are confident in signing Zeke sooner rather then later.

That confidence has gone out the window. Now appears that Elliott and the Cowboys are miles apart in what they want.

Latest posts