What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dallas Johnson

LESStar58

Referee
I reckon the likes of Anderson and Quinn will get cut loose before DJ but I reckon it'll come down to an eventual choice between releasing DJ or Pumba.

Molly

Juniors
Simply no, will not happen. DJ is Storms Campbell Brown.....will not happen.

Simply cannot understand criticism of White. Anyone who knows the game should be able to see the value having him in the side brings to Melbourne. As a true froint rower, he is the most valuable prop we have in the pack imo.

we cant let him go, if we did then i would be shocked. we are spending money on these other players, but we arent thinking long term. we need to think long term. IMO if these guys are dedicated to our wonderful club, TAKE A PAY CUT! look at Handy Tandy, is signed to us for nothing. how commited is he?

Brett White is good and he took a pay cut. but im glad we have a majority of our grand final team with us again next year, including more like Manu and Procter

Kells

Juniors
as soon as i heard we were signing lowrie i thought that would mean that we would let dallas go to the uk and have lowrie as a cheap replacement for him - i hope not but i get that feeling. i rememeber when dallas re-signed with us last yr he said this would be his last deal before going to the uk - but i just cant believe bellamy would let dallas go early (still has 2 yrs left) and also i doubt he would let him go before lima, quinn, anderson etc

hope he stays!

footy1

Juniors
as soon as i heard we were signing lowrie i thought that would mean that we would let dallas go to the uk and have lowrie as a cheap replacement for him - i hope not but i get that feeling. i rememeber when dallas re-signed with us last yr he said this would be his last deal before going to the uk - but i just cant believe bellamy would let dallas go early (still has 2 yrs left) and also i doubt he would let him go before lima, quinn, anderson etc

hope he stays!

Melbourne have salary cap restraints at the moment and I'm thinking Bellamy would let him go so that some cash can be freed up to buy a couple of other players that they can develop. Todd Lowrie isn't a bad buy at all and if he plays like he did in the back end of the season, he is more than a suitable replacement.

MsStorm

Bench
we cant let him go, if we did then i would be shocked. we are spending money on these other players, but we arent thinking long term. we need to think long term. IMO if these guys are dedicated to our wonderful club, TAKE A PAY CUT! look at Handy Tandy, is signed to us for nothing. how commited is he?

Brett White is good and he took a pay cut. but im glad we have a majority of our grand final team with us again next year, including more like Manu and Procter

I'd love more players take a pay-cut but its highly unlikely that too many do that.

Last edited:

big_matt

Juniors
well watmough does fit the Melbourne culture...maybe his mrs and Inglis's can exchange notes?

Hilarious - a moderator trolling on Storm threads just cause his team got a beating in the grand final!

Swapping DJ for Watmough is totally ridiculous. DJ is on less money and in my opinion has a bigger impact on the game every week.

stormtragic

Juniors
Ill be pretty pissed if Johnson leaves but we sign Lowrie..firstly he is most overrated player going around, everyone forgets he did nothing for first 3 years at Parra and 5 games where they win games he is suddenly the must buy player :roll:

MsStorm

Bench
Who the hell is Campbell Brown?

He's an afl player whose name was mentioned in their recent trade talks.
The supporters screamed blue murder, because supposedly he was the heart and soul of their club, so the club gave in and squashed the talk of him being traded.

Supporter Power I would think:)

Play The Ball

Juniors
Looking more and more like he is going now,

I cant post the link due to me being under 20 posts, google this . dallas key to signing frenzy

A much loved and respected player at the club, but we will survive without him,

If we do have salary cap issues , I think its a pretty wise move, once you cut the emotion out of it.

Mantle

Juniors
Looking more and more like he is going now,

I cant post the link due to me being under 20 posts, this . dallas key to signing frenzy

A much loved and respected player at the club, but we will survive without him,

If we do have salary cap issues , I think its a pretty wise move, once you cut the emotion out of it.

I agree cut the emotion out of it but I think if its just so we can keep Lima and Anderson then I say keep DJ as he adds more to the team.

Kells

Juniors
thanks to Play the ball for posting this on the other thread but i thought i should go up on its own as other players are involved too:

http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,25197,26215490-2722,00.html

looks like dallas - gone to UK
lima - maybe tigers
scott anderson - maybe roosters or brisbane

now i see why we signed lowrie - he aint no dallas but who is!! - lets hope bellamy works his magic again - or is there an u20's player who could play there?

as much as it hurts the best thing i think is to let dallas (28 next yr), lima (28 next yr), scott anderson (not worth whatever money he is on) all go - at dallas and lima's age we need to cut them now and keep room in the cap to keep young guns and sika and blair.

i think we have plenty of young guns coming thru so it sucks but with sika coming back, bromwich, proctor back, stuart coming on we will be ok.

Mantle

Juniors
I just can't imagine why we would do this to keep Anderson, Lima would be a small loss but Anderson wouldn't. Dallas would be a huge loss IMO and would rather keep him that the other two.

Kells

Juniors
agree i would happily let anderson go and even if we had to pay like 25% of his big wage just to offload him. also i'd let lima go next and would let dallas go as only the last option. but after all the success we have had we have to have faith in the club that it knows what its doing.

also dont forget if john kite gets fit he will be awesome, and vea is a very solid bench player

Kells

Juniors
i wouldnt expect vea to be a starting bench player but a pre-season under bellamy and he will be a good bench option if we ever need him. anyway i'd expect bromwich, proctor, kite, manu to be ahead of vea!

where did he start for tonga?

Noa

First Grade
I just can't imagine why we would do this to keep Anderson, Lima would be a small loss but Anderson wouldn't. Dallas would be a huge loss IMO and would rather keep him that the other two.

We're not doing it to keep Anderson, this will be his last year with us.

Dallas is 28, we have a glut of young forwards waiting in the wings to make a mark, and if we dont start making plans now we will lose them. Billy Rogers for one is a DJ clone, so pencil him in for a spot in the near future.