What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M 2022

Congrats Nicho. You were my DM favorite even tho Ben Hunt from my club was the bookie's favorite. As a 50 year Dragons diehard I have been disappointed in his five years, tho this year was probably his best. We paid him massive overs and he has never given us full value for his huge pay packet.

Weaponhead

Coach
Next contract as dally m player of the year…. Hmmm
Given his profile he is likely to attract 3rd party deals which will top up his salary. He is a great representative of the club. If he continues at this trajectory he will sign a big deal for next contract and will deserve it.

Really appreciate his drive and hunger to be better. Getting the mindset coach, working with a kicking coach to improve goalkicking are great signs of professionalism.

shaggs

Coach
Dally M is an award for consistency.
If you are the in the top 2 players each week for a side that wins 18 games you get a minimum 36 points.

Most people on here would agree he was there thereabouts in at least 14 of those wins. 28 points, which gives you a real good shake.

Facts are, if you wear 1, 6 or 7 you touch the ball more and more likely to get awarded points.

Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not but I’d say that Hunt was better than 6 points behind him and I certainly don’t think Edwards was 15 points worse than Nicho.
My issue with this award is the unconscious bias towards big ticket names in voting.
players accrue points based on their name and standing in the side when there are other candidates that probably could have been allocated the points.
there are games where the entire side put in.. who gets the points?
The big names!

players accrue points based on their name and standing in the side
My view too. Ben Hunt a prime example. Got the accolades due to being skipper and chief play maker for us. Not necessarily the best player in the side. Also these 'big names' seem to escape criticism.. even for a loss.. while the other 16 cop most of the flack.

So was Chad. Don't know that he helped his media aspirations with his award presentation with Kessie Apps. Was cringeworthy and was only surpassed by Todd Payton's gratuitous self indulgent speech.
f**k that was awkward to watch.
the broadcasters f**ked up with the format.
Yvonne or Jess should have provided the lead in that's what they do.
Even nicho was lost who is good on the camera.
"Are you going to ask me a question" lol
Noticed it changed a bit towards the end with their involvement.

shadowboxer

First Grade
Well done to the bloke.
A genuine young person in a world of flogs. The work he does off the field and well as on is a revelation considering his background.
If anything to come out of this year aside from running second, zero scandals, happy team….need I go on - is that we have this good human on board.
His speech was outstanding
Well done

Well done to the bloke.
A genuine young person in a world of flogs. The work he does off the field and well as on is a revelation considering his background.
If anything to come out of this year aside from running second, zero scandals, happy team….need I go on - is that we have this good human on board.
His speech was outstanding
Well done
Can't ask for more really.
Well said.

Latest posts