What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Dally M 2022

Ozzi_78

First Grade
Controversial opinion incoming….

I think he has had a great first year for us especially as a first crack at the 7 in his career.

But has he been the best player in the competition this year? I don’t think so.

It’s not his fault the voting system is flawed and he certainly can’t control the draw so please stop on that point but I’m happy for him as reward for his season.

I personally just don’t have him as NRLs best player of the year.

I think he has had a great first year for us especially as a first crack at the 7 in his career.

It’s not his fault the voting system is flawed and he certainly can’t control the draw so please stop on that point but I’m happy for him as reward for his season.

You could have saved your time posting so many words and just written
"Luke Brooks won the Dally M one year"

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Nicho be all

st,small,507x507-pad,600x600,f8f8f8.jpg

cb4

First Grade

Absolutely. Who was better than him?
No one from Penrith. Maybe Tedesco, but had a huge lull.

Special K

Coach
he's our $600,000 dollar man.
600!
600!
Think about what other clubs are spending stupid money on.
Thing about Nicho is he is extremely loyal and grateful after his journey. He will not try and break the contract or ask for more because he knows we offered him that when nobody else would because we saw something in him. I am sure the club will work out an extension next year for him regardless and upgrade year 3 and extend but I have never been less fearful of losing a good player than I am these days because of what we are building.

Not sure how he gets by.
It is a lot of money but it is crazy here in Sydney atm. If Nicho wanted to buy a 4 bedroom house here in Cronulla he would need a 600k plus deposit for an average house. Say he wants to slum it down the road in Caringbah he would need around 380k deposit. I don't know his finances but this is his first real decent contract and he is around 25 so probably has 10 more years of decent money ahead so long term he will definitely get ahead but anything can happen.

When you think most footy players want to set themselves up financially a lot of these young fellas are facing big issues compared to players before them. Those super league fellas - wowza.

Brooks won a positional award, not a medal.
either/or.
The point was in response to the Dally M system and whom is judged the best, albeit as the main, or positional. It's a flawed system, there have been a few players who weren't necessarily 'the best' that season, but the voting allows it to happen.

cb4

First Grade
Not sure if you are agreeing with me or not but I’d say that Hunt was better than 6 points behind him and I certainly don’t think Edwards was 15 points worse than Nicho.
I don't think you can reward a guy who didn't make the finals to win the player of the year award. No other sport around the world would reward that. I couldn't name the last Dally M medalist that won the award that didn't make the finals.

Edwards is the victim of circumstance. He plays in a team where 4 players every week have the ability to take points off him at will.
The only person over the year that came close to Nicho was Teddy but even still he was bad for a couple of months.